SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

2 hours ago, Sioux_FF said:

Commit Zeke Ott playing right now in MN prep bowl for Caledonia.  on Midco on Channel 595.

Thanks for the heads up.....wow, he is one exposlive dude!  Very fun to watch.  He plays like every play is his last....100% go and agressive ...absolutely love it!  As deep as we are at that position, wonder about the possiblity of his shirt being pulled? Doubt he would but there's no denying he is definitely a very talented individual 

I think you'll see more of a push in January for more recruits.  I know they are on some JUCO kids that I believe are mid-year, so they would be eligible for spring ball.  I know they're looking at some JUCO DB, OL and possibly a QB.  Not sure how serious we are on some of the kids.  As per usual I think you'll see some very successful weekends in January.

As it relates to hosting kids during playoffs, you definitely can until the quiet period as far as I know.  I haven't looked at any of the quiet/no contact time frames for this year though, so I don't know when they start.

No recruiting weekend for UND.  It is illegal to host a recruiting weekend during the playoffs.  So that only leaves next weekend (10th) to host one before Xmas break.  Since we think UND is going to win they won’t be hosting a recruiting weekend until January.

From the SFI blog... no hosting recruits during playoffs.  http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2016/11/30/a-few-thoughts-richmond-week/

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Living in Hawaii.....or North Dakota.......hmmmmm.   His brother going to ND sure helps though.

Well, if living in Hawaii was the only aspect of the decision for recruits than I would expect Hawaii to be an annual top 25 program (i.e., they'd receive a bunch of good players). Fact of the matter is they are horrible. Hawaii's location is literally one of the only advantages of that bad football program.

Sure hope he chooses THE University of North Dakota, where the future of the football program is incredibly bright.