SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC - Friday

AZSIOUX

If there is going to any kind of 2nd half Hak lead surge it starts tonight.

This team goes out and beats CC rallying as a "team" after Tambo pulled a dousche and bailed.

4-1 good guys with an ENG.

• Upvote 4

If there is going to any kind of 2nd half Hak lead surge it starts tonight.

This team goes out and beats CC rallying as a "team" after Tambo pulled a dousche and bailed.

4-1 good guys with an ENG.

I agree... I think this team has been hearing how poor they are with their trip up north and with Tambo bolting, just another log added to the fire. Big win tonight and I'm going bold... Rocco, Mark x2, Stecher and Cags... Zane notches his first SO of the year... 5-0 WIN

Despite CC's terrible overall record, they are in 5th place so there's hope in their eyes for a top half finish. That will give them motivation. Furthermore, all season long they've demonstrated the ability to play well for at least one of two nights (even in some of their losses). That said, I'm going to predict a split.

Despite CC's terrible overall record, they are in 5th place so there's hope in their eyes for a top half finish. That will give them motivation. Furthermore, all season long they've demonstrated the ability to play well for at least one of two nights (even in some of their losses). That said, I'm going to predict a split.

"You are what your record says you are"...Bill Parcells.

This means neither team is really any good but UND is better than CC and they are playing at home. If UND doesn't get a sweep that says more about them then CC IMO.

• Upvote 2

for whatever reason, cc and und have always matched up really well and have some very close teams over the years. sweep don't happen very often for either team whether it be home or away. even some of the best und squads didn't sweep cc at home. cc is better than their record indicates and I'll agree with godsmack with a split. and it just seems that whenever hak says they have had a good week of practice it doesn't materialize. cc win tonight and und bounces back tomorrow night with a full 20 hours of ship jumping on this board tonight into tomorrow and the fire hak thread reaching all new levels of lowness led by gfhockey.

for whatever reason, cc and und have always matched up really well and have some very close teams over the years. sweep don't happen very often for either team whether it be home or away. even some of the best und squads didn't sweep cc at home. cc is better than their record indicates and I'll agree with godsmack with a split. and it just seems that whenever hak says they have had a good week of practice it doesn't materialize. cc win tonight and und bounces back tomorrow night with a full 20 hours of ship jumping on this board tonight into tomorrow and the fire hak thread reaching all new levels of lowness led by gfhockey.

This squad is at 21 in the Pairwise. Vermont...yes the same horrible Vermont team that opened the season at the Ralph...is a bubble team now at 14. A split vs CC does what? Just makes it less likely this team hosts a NCHC playoff series not to mention missing the NCAA's.

This squad is at 21 in the Pairwise. Vermont...yes the same horrible Vermont team that opened the season at the Ralph...is a bubble team now at 14. A split vs CC does what? Just makes it less likely this team hosts a NCHC playoff series not to mention missing the NCAA's.

I don't disagree, a split would probably leave us in the 22-26 range in the pairwise and yes would make landing a home first round series a little more difficult. beyond this weekend and next I don't see any series where you can actually say this team can sweep it. I'm not saying I want a split but look at last years team, they had just swept holy cross and were on a 7 game unbeaten streak and then just laid an absolute egg at home against cc on friday night.

Where are you seeing 21? I see 17? Just wondering...

Sounds like St. Clair will be centering Murphy and Chyzyk on the third line tonight. Mitch Mac and Panz not in the lineup tonight but may be tomorrow.

That sounds like a nice lunchpail line to me...I like it.

So...Rocco between jewels and Johnson

MacMillan between Parks and OD

St Clair with Chyzyk and Murphy

Pattyn with Gaarder and Rodwell/Mitch Mac

I can live with this lineup

That sounds like a nice lunchpail line to me...I like it.

So...Rocco between jewels and Johnson

St Clair with Chyzyk and Murphy

Pattyn with Gaarder and Rodwell/Mitch Mac

I can live with this lineup

I think Mitch earned some ice last weekend... I say...

Rocco between jewels and Johnson

St Clair with Chyzyk and Mitch

Pattyn with Gaarder and Rodwell

I'm ok with Murphy in there for Mitch though, too.

USCHO updated theirs today, so I'd probably go with that one. UND at t21

Even if they sweep (which they have to almost) it won't do much our pairwise ranking. It's odd, we have the same record as Miami, split with Miami (away), and have a better winnning percentage within the NCHC and yet we are way behind them in the pairwise. I'm guessing no one could have called that before the start of the season. I'm still shocked how bad the NCHC's non-conference record is. That tie against Vermont and BU series hurt us pretty bad.

No, No, and No. The refs will have a field day if the Sioux play old school. The times have changed.

!@#$ that. 'Rip his fucking head off.' My favorite games are when we score more goals than the opposition all the while beating the living !@#$ out of them and get roughing penalty after roughing penalty.

• Upvote 2

Even if they sweep (which they have to almost) it won't do much our pairwise ranking. It's odd, we have the same record as Miami, split with Miami (away), and have a better winnning percentage within the NCHC and yet we are way behind them in the pairwise. I'm guessing no one could have called that before the start of the season. I'm still shocked how bad the NCHC's non-conference record is. That tie against Vermont and BU series hurt us pretty bad.

Agreed. I guess I didn't see Vermont even being a bubble team. BU I would have thought would at least be a TUC at this point.

Regardless of this week and the Pairwise, we just gotta keep winning.

What happened to the good old days of knocking someone down and them being a man and getting back up so no penalty was called, oh yea thats right noone plays like the Fighting Sioux anymore!

Someone looked up the word "embellish" and hockey has never been the same.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2014/01/10_fresh_starts_for_north_dakota.php

Complete level...this is what I've been saying for a couple years now. Our team is very good, believe that (not that I have to tell too many of you this). However this team tends to loaf around like they're in a rec league sometimes. In certain games I say to myself wow, could this be the year given they are so young, they have to only get better. Than the next weekend it's like watching an NA game. Pretty frustrating but adds to the drama I guess. Go Sioux!