SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC - Friday

AZSIOUX

It's hard to complain after a win, but here it is -

I don't care which goalie has a bigger upside or who has more talent - I would sit Gothberg until he can concentrate for 60 minutes. This is getting old

Is there any team in the country that has a worse looking power play than us? For heavens sake, the Green Wave can pass it around and get a bang bang play every once in a while. With all of the draft choices we have there is no excuse for looking like that out on the ice.

Would it be asking too much to play 60 minutes of hockey? We stood around for the start of the third and it cost us. Remember, our goal is to win a natty, not eek out a victory against the worst team in the league. This lack of effort is getting old.

Want some cheese?

I don't care which goalie has a bigger upside or who has more talent - I would sit Gothberg until he can concentrate for 60 minutes. This is getting old

Is there any team in the country that has a worse looking power play than us? For heavens sake, the Green Wave can pass it around and get a bang bang play every once in a while. With all of the draft choices we have there is no excuse for looking like that out on the ice.

Would it be asking too much to play 60 minutes of hockey? We stood around for the start of the third and it cost us. Remember, our goal is to win a natty, not eek out a victory against the worst team in the league. This lack of effort is getting old.

I agree-Saunders should start tomorrow night.

Solid win...way better than last week...let's finish it tomorrow.

A win. Not sure if I'd say solid. That sloppy play in the third let them back into it. Then, a bad team (CC) gave the game up with that penalty.

We need better play out of the green and white.

A win. Not sure if I'd say solid. That sloppy play in the third let them back into it. Then, a bad team (CC) gave the game up with that penalty.

We need better play out of the green and white.

Ok, maybe not solid but they showed some life and that's good enough for me after last week...nothing but upside going forward, right?:)

Ok, maybe not solid but they showed some life and that's good enough for me after last week...nothing but upside going forward, right? :)

Yup, I'll give you that. Perhaps knowing that it wasn't exhibition was an incentive.

Anyway, like most Sioux fans, I have high expectations. I'm much more forgiving with the Vikings, who I expect to suck! :lol:

Tough decision for Hak tomorrow. Seems like they've let it ride with Zane as the guy but do you switch it up and go with Clark tomorrow as a wake up call even though they have a six game winning streak?

IMHO.......crap I don't know.....I'm just a lifer on a message board.......

Tough decision for Hak tomorrow. Seems like they've let it ride with Zane as the guy but do you switch it up and go with Clark tomorrow as a wake up call even though they have a six game winning streak?

IMHO.......crap I don't know.....I'm just a lifer on a message board.......

Zane looked extremely average tonight but I still say you play him tomorrow.

Little extreme buddy, they didn't play great but you have to take the win and focus on tomorrow.

It's hard to complain after a win...apparently it's not.

Little extreme buddy, they didn't play great but you have to take the win and focus on tomorrow.

I think it is accurate and on point. We need play for 60 minutes and not stand around, have our goalie concentrate all game, and have a much better power play to go anywhere this season. We looked good for some of the game, but the tendency of this team to take time off as a group drives me nuts. Also - is it asking too much for a team that has what - 16 draft choices - to run an adaquate power play with some time in the zone with the puck, some shots on goal, and some puck movement?

Largest need for improvement, from my seat, is blocking shots. A ton of goals being scored against UND lately are coming from point shots. Zane or Clarke can't see them. If they ramp up the shot blocking they'll be in good shape. It'll help the Gs as well.

Don't know the final stats but the announcers said CC had 13 blocked shots in the first period alone to UND's 4. Part of that had to do of course to the territorial advantage we had.