SiouxSports.com Forum

Player Defections

bincitysioux

Here's who the UND QBs are:

PASSING GP-GS Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yards TD Long Avg/G

Joe Mollberg 10-7 117.6 141-241-13 58.5 1729 7 80 172.9

Ryan Bartels 8-4 130.3 116-190-6 61.1 1396 8 75 174.5

15 TDs in 11 games against 19 INTs.

Golladay is a great talent but he relies on those two. He may put up some numbers if he stays, but that is far too dependent on two QBs that...well the numbers speak for themselves-they stunk out the joint-for me to come on here and make that pronouncement with any sort of confidence at all.

Golladay is a great talent but he relies on those two. He may put up some numbers if he stays, but that is far too dependent on two QBs that...well the numbers speak for themselves-they stunk out the joint-for me to come on here and make that pronouncement with any sort of confidence at all.

If we didn't have an all American WR this year your argument be legit.

Hard to say he won't get recognition with numbers like that when it was proven false this year.

If we didn't have an all American WR this year your argument be legit.

Hard to say he won't get recognition with numbers like that when it was proven false this year.

I'm not saying he won't. I'm saying I can't be confident he will.

Don't forget the progression made by Marcus Hendrickson from that game at Montana to his first start against PSU. Night and day would be an understatement. These kids were FR and were given way too much on their plate with a !@#$ OL. They'll be much better next year and the year after that and the year after that.

Don't forget the progression made by Marcus Hendrickson from that game at Montana to his first start against PSU. Night and day would be an understatement. These kids were FR and were given way too much on their plate with a !@#$ OL. They'll be much better next year and the year after that and the year after that.

If Mollberg and Bartels both continue to play musical chairs quarterback over the years, then UND won't be successful. Need to pick one and let the other one go his separate way, because I doubt either one of them wants to be a three year backup.

If Mollberg and Bartels both continue to play musical chairs quarterback over the years, then UND won't be successful. Need to pick one and let the other one go his separate way, because I doubt either one of them wants to be a three year backup.

The cream with eventually rise to the top.

I agree that you can't keep switching back and forth. But I'm not sure transferring is necessarily the answer for whomever doesn't win the job this spring and next fall. The Belmore/Reed Manke years showed how things can drastically change.

As Mike Leach would say, "when you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterback."

It looked like Bartles was showing some leadership and plenty of improvement in the final games. That is something to build on.

We knew that before the season started, yet that didn't stop so many people on this board that should've known better from saying "the offense will be fine".

We knew that before the season started, yet that didn't stop so many people on this board that should've known better from saying "the offense will be fine".

The offense should have been 'fine'. The problem was nobody could have foreseen how pathetic the OL ended up being. Not saying one of the qbs would have won the Jerry Rice but they would have been much better with good protection and a running game.

• Upvote 1

The offense should have been 'fine'. The problem was nobody could have foreseen how pathetic the OL ended up being. Not saying one of the qbs would have won the Jerry Rice but they would have been much better with good protection and a running game.

You are correct. Nobody can foresee the result.

Stated that on an earllier post. qb potential is a reason why we needed to do our best to keep golliday close. If we did and he leaves anyway, so be it. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out other schools would be after him. Right or wrong, Kenny probably aspires to play on Sundays. WE can rationalize all WE want. What matters to Kenny is what KENNY's thinking. I hate to say it but go go is probably gone gone

I think I read on here earlier that he may be going to Northern Illinios? Is that right? If true I hope everything works out for him. He's a great talent. I also hope that the bleeding stops now. Cuska, Carr and anybody else I can only hope stays.

If Faison ends up hiring DeBoer or Bubba or anyone else who has already applied after dragging his feet an extra 2 weeks and losing some of our most talented players I'm gonna be pissed. I won't be angry about one of them being hired, but I will be angry that, if they're his choice, they weren't hired a long time ago. :angry:

• Upvote 1

We waited too long...

Considering how talented Golladay is, if he is actually leaving it will be a HUGE loss. Losing Hardin (of course to graduation) Jackson and Golladay in the same offseason will take the WR position from a strength to a questionable position group. This hire better be a home run or else this process has been just as ridiculous as the football program in general over the past 5 years.