SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

I think it would be nice to have the trifecta with this being the last year of the WCHA. We are already assured of having the most # of WCHA titles, and I believe Minnesota is the only one that can catch us in the most Broadmoor trophies. That said, we sure could use another NCAA title to separate ourselves from the other rivals in that respect again.

UND and Denver both have 14 WCHA titles with Minnesota at 13 so you are only assured of being tied for the most. Also UND has 10 playoff titles compared to 15 for Denver and 14 for Minnesota. I see you mentioned Broadmoors specifically though so you could very well be right about that. Man I'm going to miss this league. :sad:

UND and Denver both have 14 WCHA titles with Minnesota at 13 so you are only assured of being tied for the most. Also UND has 10 playoff titles compared to 15 for Denver and 14 for Minnesota. I see you mentioned Broadmoors specifically though so you could very well be right about that. Man I'm going to miss this league. :sad:

Sioux have 15 and 11.

396456_470891202942150_1581652939_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

As long as we are sharing painful Sioux losses I'll need to throw in the loss to BC at the Frozen four in 2007. The last five minutes of that game will forever have me thinking "what in the hell are these officials seeing that I'm not?"

And I never blame the reffs.....and I'm a Viking fan..... :sad:

It sounds like Kerdiles is giving the appeals process until Thursday and if no resolution he is headed to Kelowna.

If he does bail for Canada (with good reasons to say the least from what I read), it is interesting to compare the situation to that of St. Clair last year. Though I have no idea if St. Clair had any alternatives (USHL or MJ eligibility - age).

If he does bail for Canada (with good reasons to say the least from what I read), it is interesting to compare the situation to that of St. Clair last year. Though I have no idea if St. Clair had any alternatives (USHL or MJ eligibility - age).

Yes he did, he got an offer to play for a WHL team. Kootenay rings a bell but I could be wrong.

Can't really compare this issue 100% with St. Clair. Kerdiles is top tier player, a 2nd round draft pick. This kid can't sit out all year for development. If he doesn't win the appeal process to the NCAA, he is as good as gone to the WHL.

Agree, big blow to Uw as he won't stick around to practice if the appeal is denied

Can't really compare this issue 100% with St. Clair. Kerdiles is top tier player, a 2nd round draft pick. This kid can't sit out all year for development. If he doesn't win the appeal process to the NCAA, he is as good as gone to the WHL.

Pretty good selection of college hockey games on Directv tonight (all times central):

603 (6:00 pm) - Maine @ Notre Dame

603 (9:00 pm) - Army @ Nebraska-Omaha

623 (6:30 pm) - St. Cloud @ New Hampshire

626 (7:30 pm) - USA U18 @ North Dakota

668 (6:00 pm) - Michigan State @ Minnesota

• Upvote 1

5 minuters in and the gophers are up 2-0 just like that. Sorry but they look damn good right now. Early yes but that top line of Haula,Bjugstad,and Rau is going to be tough to stop.

Indeed and they've made it 3-0 now. All I gotta say is if our defense plays like they've played in the exhibitions games...UND will get lit up just like Michigan State is.

Another thing though is just how good of a team is Michigan State this year? Either way, Minnesota is just dominating them.

Indeed and they've made it 3-0 now. All I gotta say is if our defense plays like they've played in the exhibitions games...UND will get lit up just like Michigan State is.

Another thing though is just how good of a team is Michigan State this year? Either way, Minnesota is just dominating them.

Yes, Minnesota is light years ahead of UND right now.