SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

Another name to keep on the radar screen is Kyle Gratzek of Stephen-Argyle. His brother Matt went to NDSU after a hard-fought recruiting battle with UND. Kyle is not the player that Matt is, but definitely worth a hard look considering the winning tradition up there.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another name to keep on the radar screen is Kyle Gratzek of Stephen-Argyle. His brother Matt went to NDSU after a hard-fought recruiting battle with UND. Kyle is not the player that Matt is, but definitely worth a hard look considering the winning tradition up there.

I agree. I could see him as a nice fullback.

WOW I'm so impressed. (All universities can list a set of accomplishments) The fact that you had to actually do it, well I won't go there. Just one question ricky - If everything is so wonderfull why has your enrollment been declining for the last few years?

I'd be interested in seeing a similar list of accomplishments from NDSU. I bet it would be a much more difficult list to put together.

He has apparently pulled his UND verbal and has now committed to NDSU.

This kid is very active on the MinnesotaPreps website. He certainly does not appear to be very mature (I realize most 17-18 y/o kids are not overly mature). For that reason plus the fact that he said he wanted to kick as a true freshman, this doesn't surprise me at all. I don't know how big of a loss it is - he didn't punt last year - I don't know why. We need a punter, not a place kicker - not for a couple of years, at least!

I have to admit that if he hadn't even taken a recruiting visit to Fargo the fact that he now commits to NDSU does make the whole thing look a little suspicous. It seems odd that he would give a verbal to one school and then a few days later switch to another school that he hadn't even taken a visit to. Are you sure he hadn't taken his visit to NDSU?

I have to admit that if he hadn't even taken a recruiting visit to Fargo the fact that he now commits to NDSU does make the whole thing look a little suspicous. It seems odd that he would give a verbal to one school and then a few days later switch to another school that he hadn't even taken a visit to. Are you sure he hadn't taken his visit to NDSU?

On the other website, he says that he is going there this weekend. He started a thread noting where various players had commited. He definitely changed his own status from UND to NDSU!

1. So, he is going to the same school to compete against his brother/cousin for playing time? :D
  2. Kind of doubt that Bohl would waste his time by continuing to recruit a kicker that had verballed elsewhere. A blue-chip QB or RB, maybe... but a kicker? Doubt it. :D
  3. Wonder if Mussman (or Bohl) even has a clue as to who this kid is. ;)
  4. Maybe avjobar08 finally figured out that the retractable roof stadium wasn't going to be built by next fall. :D

We already have Bibeau as our place kicker and XP/FG kicker.

Maybe the younger Obarski is just that much better that he would be kicking as a true freshman as Bibeau did in 2006, but I doubt it.

What we need is a punter, but you all say he doesn't punt.

So I wonder if he was planning to walk on at UND or NDSU?

We already have Bibeau as our place kicker and XP/FG kicker.

Maybe the younger Obarski is just that much better that he would be kicking as a true freshman as Bibeau did in 2006, but I doubt it.

What we need is a punter, but you all say he doesn't punt.

So I wonder if he was planning to walk on at UND or NDSU?

I don't know but I am quite sure he wasn't offered a full ride by UND.

Not that it much matters at this point, but was Obarski ever confirmed as a verbal or was the only information from his members page on Kicking.com? I don't recall it being confirmed elsewhere or am I mistaken? He may have been just goofing around and put UND on his page to get a reaction. Which he did get. Regardless, best of luck at NDSU.

Not that it much matters at this point, but was Obarski ever confirmed as a verbal or was the only information from his members page on Kicking.com? I don't recall it being confirmed elsewhere or am I mistaken? He may have been just goofing around and put UND on his page to get a reaction. Which he did get. Regardless, best of luck at NDSU.

I think there may have been an article about his commitment to UND written by Erik Lofdahl on the minnesotapreps site, but it was a subscription article and I don't know exactly what it said. In any event, it's not a huge deal either way. It's not like UND is in need of another kicker until the 2010 season, anyway.

I think that so far, this class appears quite good. Last year's was very impressive on paper as well, and three players from that class actually played as true freshmen, which is quite unusual at UND. I would love to see a few more commitments from some of the high-end talents such as Damon Campbell, Tyrell Rosemeyer and Jon Heimler, plus a few more offensive linemen (Andrew Anderson from Crookston, perhaps?) and also a couple of immediate juco transfer defensive players. If that should happen, this class has the potential to be special.

Go to Eastview Lightning Football web site and view TE Dan Edem's video highlights, click on College Prospects:

http://www.eastviewfootball.com

Pretty impressive all-purpose athlete that can Run, Block, Hit and Catch!

I think there may have been an article about his commitment to UND written by Erik Lofdahl on the minnesotapreps site, but it was a subscription article and I don't know exactly what it said. In any event, it's not a huge deal either way. It's not like UND is in need of another kicker until the 2010 season, anyway.

I couldn't find any confirmation from the Herald that he had ever verballed to UND. He was not the punter for Apple Valley in 2007.