SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruiting 2008

star2city

Or is it possible that he heard "new enclosed practice facility and future plans for a new stadium"?. Maybe he was misquoted?

I'was just wondering why a possible new stadium 15 to 20 years down the road would come up in a recruiting visit? Obviously the UND coaches are mentioning it to their recruits. A kid from Wisconsin wouldn't have heard about it anywhere else. He's not going to read about it in the local paper.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'was just wondering why a possible new stadium 15 to 20 years down the road would come up in a recruiting visit? Obviously the UND coaches are mentioning it to their recruits. A kid from Wisconsin wouldn't have heard about it anywhere else. He's not going to read about it in the local paper.

and there is no way any of these young men read posts in sports forums for the colleges that they are thinking of attending. :glare:

and there is no way any of these young men read posts in sports forums for the colleges that they are thinking of attending. :lol:

There is absolutely no way that someone growing up in this era would take the time or have the abilities to find such an obscure site on a new-fangled invention like the World Wide Web, that's just crazy talk. :glare:

There is absolutely no way that someone growing up in this era would take the time or have the abilities to find such an obscure site on a new-fangled invention like the World Wide Web, that's just crazy talk. :glare:

To help put some of this stuff to rest...Heimler wasn't misquoted. What was written was exactly what he said. I've also received a statement from Heimler (who reads this forum) about this matter.

Message from Jon Heimler to me:

"Reading through the North Dakota forums it seems like I have created quite a bit of conrtoversy about the whole retractable roof stadium deal. That's not going to be up in my career there and i knew that. The indoor practise stadium will be however."

Hope that helps end some of this bickering.

MplsBison:

You're giving your fans a bad name again. "About to build" refers to the indoor practice field, not necessarily the stadium.

Congratulations on Mr Heimler's selection and hope his dreams are fulfilled at UND.

Sounds like a great recruit to me, I like the size and speed combination. Welcome Mr. Heimler.

"About to build" refers to the indoor practice field, not necessarily the stadium.

They are also about to build a brand new indoor practice field as well as a brand new stadium with a retractable roof.

No need to be dishonest about the kid's quote, it's right there.

My gut feeling is that he was trying to bend the truth in his quotes to create some hype for UND, thinking that he was doing his newly selected school a favor.

No need to be dishonest about the kid's quote, it's right there.

My gut feeling is that he was trying to bend the truth in his quotes to create some hype for UND, thinking that he was doing his newly selected school a favor.

Hey, cut the kid some slack. It was probably a sper of the moment type comment that wasn't worded quite correctly. It happens to everybody. I have been in interviews before, they ask you something, and you say the first thing that comes to mind without trying to sound like a dork. I imagine it was just a slight mis-wording.

Hey, cut the kid some slack. It was probably a sper of the moment type comment that wasn't worded quite correctly. It happens to everybody. I have been in interviews before, they ask you something, and you say the first thing that comes to mind without trying to sound like a dork. I imagine it was just a slight mis-wording.

These kids are probably extremely excited and a little nervous when on an official visit. Everything the UND coaches have told my step-son as far as I am concerned is the facts as they know them. The coaches have been honest with both him and us.

It was probably a sper of the moment type comment that wasn't worded quite correctly.

That would've been fine, no harm no foul.

But why did he then message Mr. Lee and say "That's not going to be up in my career there and i knew that."?

If he knew that then how did he make a spur of the moment mistake?

If Mr. Heimler is reading this now I would encourage him to set the record straight via Mr. Lee.

Just tell the truth.

Were you intentionally trying to be misleading in your quote in an effort to build up UND to other prospective recruits?

Welcome to DI athletics kid.

Just remember this every time someone points a microphone or a camera in your face.

But why did he then message Mr. Lee and say "That's not going to be up in my career there and i knew that."?

If Mr. Heimler is reading this now I would encourage him to set the record straight via Mr. Lee.

Just tell the truth.

Were you intentionally trying to be misleading in your quote in an effort to build up UND to other prospective recruits?

Just remember this every time someone points a microphone or a camera in your face.

Are you going to cry about this? Get over it. :D

Just tell the truth.

Sorry the kid didn't pick your school. Move on.

"Welcome to DI athletics kid." Just when did you become a part of DI athletics?

Is someone jealous......

I don't think he's jealous since we all know the stadium won't be built until, oh lets say 2060 at the soonest. Maybe his grand kids can play in it. It was probably a misquote and I doubt the coaches are telling players there is a new retractable roof stadium being built because they will be extremely disapointed when they see the tin shed.

You guys h ave a good recruiting class. One much larger than ours since we only graduated 11. I can't speak for Dan but I'm n ot really jealous of the players since NDSU has landed 3 recruits on the Kare 11 All Metro team. These are the best of the best in Minnesota. We've also got 2 of the top 15 linebackers in Wisconsin.

http://www.kare11.com/sports/prep/2007/200...ro_offense.aspx

And you've never been talking about something exciting in your life, that you're looking forward to, like starting college and playing football at that level, and had something come out not as clearly as you may have wanted or intended. :D

I say we start over-analyzing all of your posts because you're "DI" now too (albeit as a fan). Shall we? ;)

And you've never been talking about something exciting in your life, that you're looking forward to, like starting college and playing football at that level, and had something come out not as clearly as you may have wanted or intended. :D

It's happened many times before in my life and will happen again I'm sure.

I'm fully willing to accept this if Mr. Heimler would just come out and say exactly that instead of beating around the bush.

I'm fully willing to accept this if Mr. Heimler would just come out and say exactly that instead of beating around the bush.

Would you please just get over this. ;)

The man doesn't owe you, me or anyone else any explanations.

Let's just take this down to the real issue:

The notion of a such a recruiting tool anywhere, anywhere, in UND's future is just so terrifying to some that they need something, anything, to help them sleep at night.

My advice:

Those folks should cuddle up with their ThUNDar the Bison plushies, count sheep, and think of all of the interceptions Steve Walker didn't throw and they'll be fine.

The guy is a high school athlete. It shouldn't matter to him whether anyone on this forum accepts anything he says or doesn't say. Why would he want to even respond to anyone on a forum like this? If you dont' understand how things may be mistated by the press then you have never been interviewed.

The fact is he has chosen a great FB program and an excellent University. One of the former FB players (who could probably fund both the practice facility and the retractable roof and remodeling to Memorial stadium by himself) is apparently going to help get the practice facility done. I understand he also told UND to make it a 100yd indoor practice field rather than the planned smaller field. UND would also like to do a number of other things for facilites. There are three UND alumni that I know who have the financial resources to do these things if they so choose so it is not as far fetched as one might think. There are also people working on this type of financial support. You are correct in that I don't think there will be a retractable roof on memorial on campus in the next 5 or even 10 years but who cares? This kid will probably help pay for it when he becomes a doctor in 8 or 9 years.