SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley vs. Bucky

siouxnami

The Main Event...  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a fight between Joe Finley and an oversized Badger?

• Joe Finley
    • Bucky

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As North Dakota came onto the ice for the third period, Sioux goaltender Jean-Philippe Lamoureux and Bucky bumped into each other. At the Kohl Center, the dressing rooms for the visiting team and the mascot playing Bucky are in the same hallway, and they share a tunnel to the ice.

1. What is their mascot doing anywhere near our goaltender? JPL should've flipped him with the spatula then "waffled" him.

2. " ... the dressing rooms for the visiting team and the mascot playing Bucky are in the same hallway, and they share a tunnel to the ice ... " --> That's not very smart. But, it is Wisconsin.

BADger fans obviously do not remember Robbie Earl. The biggest cheater in college hockey. Earl was a total Loser!

Yes...where is Robbie the Diver now? I'll never forget him crawling off the ice at the end of his shifts during the regional finals. As I recall, there were 35 other skaters who were in good enough shape to skate the extra two periods so his theatrics were really amazing at the time. I'm pretty sure there is an acting career awaiting him when he's finally done skating or crawling or whatever he's doing in minor hockey.

That is freakin hilarious!

Some of those Badger fans need to grow a pair and realize that this is hockey they are watching, not figure skating. Plus, the vast majority of them are probably too busy hopping around in the stands, so they end up missing most of the action anyway.

I guess I can see their point in doing that though. I mean, if you were forced to watch UW's trap style of hockey, you would need to do something in the stands to keep you awake as well. :)

That is freakin hilarious!

Some of those Badger fans need to grow a pair and realize that this is hockey they are watching, not figure skating. Plus, the vast majority of them are probably too busy hopping around in the stands, so they end up missing most of the action anyway.

I guess I can see their point in doing that though. I mean, if you were forced to watch UW's trap style of hockey, you would need to do something in the stands to keep you awake as well. :)

Hi...what does "trap style" of hockey mean? Sorry. I've only been watching hockey about 4 years, so I'm learning new stuff all the time...most of it from this board.

Thanks

There's this new thing called "Google". I put in "hockey trap Wiki" and got ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_zone_trap

There, now you know how to fish. Catch some on your own. :)

Thanks! Sorry, you gotta remember, I'm in Wisconsin. I was browsing through my Encyclopedia Britanica without success. To me, "Google" is something we wear underwater to look at the walleye.

Hi...what does "trap style" of hockey mean? Sorry. I've only been watching hockey about 4 years, so I'm learning new stuff all the time...most of it from this board.

Thanks

Its the left wing lock, lining up on the blue line, it's hockey version of the full court press, playing a very defensive scheme. Boring hockey see the Old New Jersey Devils, Wisconsin Badgers and Denver Pioneers. Craig Dahl's teams were famous for it, they would hook and hold up and down the ice. It is harder to get away with playing it in the NHL because the refs call the game so close. Sometimes teams will play it because they aren't as talented and they have to slow the opposition down. Godawful hockey to watch. For the most part the Sioux play the run and gun but I have seen them play the trap in the playoffs or when they are sitting on a lead.

Its the left wing lock, lining up on the blue line, it's hockey version of the full court press, playing a very defensive scheme. Boring hockey see the Old New Jersey Devils, Wisconsin Badgers and Denver Pioneers. Craig Dahl's teams were famous for it, they would hook and hold up and down the ice. It is harder to get away with playing it in the NHL because the refs call the game so close. Sometimes teams will play it because they aren't as talented and they have to slow the opposition down. Godawful hockey to watch. For the most part the Sioux play the run and gun but I have seen them play the trap in the playoffs or when they are sitting on a lead.

The Sioux have experimented with a 1-2-2 set a few times this season. I saw it saturday night down in Wisco. Though most of the time they are run and gun, it doesn't hurt to be able to slow things down a bit, like when protecting a lead.

The Sioux have experimented with a 1-2-2 set a few times this season. I saw it saturday night down in Wisco. Though most of the time they are run and gun, it doesn't hurt to be able to slow things down a bit, like when protecting a lead.

I agree with that to an extent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not second-guessing Hakstol and as a team you have to be versatile enough to play different styles, but I hate seeing teams get away from what got them there and then play "not to lose" rather than keep on with what's working and playing to win.

Goon, there is a difference between clutch and grab, and the trap.

Thanks. The "forechecker" must be involved in this trap I take it. I hear alot on tv "the forecheck is on"...my guess is this forechecker forces the puckhandler left or right, where he is picked up by a second defenseman, checking him into the boards. Is there ever "man to man" defense, like in basketball, or is it pretty much zone?

Mentioning use of a stick on a leg ....

What was that crap little tug-hook Turris took at Jones' ankle during the opening volleys of the 3rd period melee?

Jones should have "stored" Turris' stick for him for that.

I saw that too and have noted the lack of comments from the red side.

Besides calling Watkins, "Max", he stated the the Wisco player has his head down and facing the boards. From the camera angle that I saw it from, it looks like he has his right side to the boards, not facing it at all. :lol:

That's my take on the video as well. It's pretty clear.

Goon, there is a difference between clutch and grab, and the trap.

No, No I know that, but the trap New Jersey used (old NHL rules) when they won the stanley cup was a 1-2-2 with the clutch and grab, the one that SCSU used to use under Dahl was a clutch and grab hook and hold style, teams like Denver and Wisconsin play a 1-2-2 with perfection. Still very boring hockey to watch in my opinion.