SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley vs. Bucky

siouxnami

The Main Event...  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a fight between Joe Finley and an oversized Badger?

• Joe Finley
    • Bucky

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the comments in the paper and USCHO, it seems Wisco fans are turning into real pu$$ies. They used to be so much more fun. :silly:

I agree. Those of us old enough to remember the good old days of the early 1980s can recall an intense dislike for each other, but not all of the whining. When talking about preparing for North Dakota, every other WCHA coach acknowledges the Sioux as being fast and physical. Apparently Eaves didn't get that memo and is appalled by the physical play. Eaves teaches his players to dive and is teaching both his players and Badger fans to whine. I've been getting deep under the skin of a long-time Sconny buddy of mine this past week by referring to the Badgers as Wussconsin. I think it fits them well. Having said that, there is no reasonable excuse for a player whacking a guy in a mascot outfit.

On Wussconsin, On Wussconsin

I agree. Those of us old enough to remember the good old days of the early 1980s can recall an intense dislike for each other, but not all of the whining. When talking about preparing for North Dakota, every other WCHA coach acknowledges the Sioux as being fast and physical. Apparently Eaves didn't get that memo and is appalled by the physical play. Eaves teaches his players to dive and is teaching both his players and Badger fans to whine. I've been getting deep under the skin of a long-time Sconny buddy of mine this past week by referring to the Badgers as Wussconsin. I think it fits them well. Having said that, there is no reasonable excuse for a player whacking a guy in a mascot outfit.

On Wussconsin, On Wussconsin

Sorry if I have missed it, but is there video anywhere of this happening? Can hardly believe it was anything more than a 'love tap', or anything different than what happens between players.

Sorry if I have missed it, but is there video anywhere of this happening? Can hardly believe it was anything more than a 'love tap', or anything different than what happens between players.

Don't know where the video is, but this article refers to it alternatively as "slashing Bucky Badger," and a "tap on the shins."

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/uw/hockey/256619

Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it was a slash or a tap, but regardless, it wasn't a good move by Joe. Kind of like that Pittsburgh Pirate baseball player who tapped the head of one of the racing sausages with a bat at Miller Park a few years ago.

Don't know where the video is, but this article refers to it alternatively as "slashing Bucky Badger," and a "tap on the shins."

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/uw/hockey/256619

Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it was a slash or a tap, but regardless, it wasn't a good move by Joe. Kind of like that Pittsburgh Pirate baseball player who tapped the head of one of the racing sausages with a bat at Miller Park a few years ago.

Here's the video, just leaked from the UW security cams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SFt-jdgTOA

• 3 weeks later...

finley is a puss and wouldnt fight to back up his own mother on the ice, on top of that hes an officially an A-HOLE and degrades the #2 und jersey, i bleed green but for joe he has acquired a strong feeling of dislike from this guy and much earned on a personal level may i say

finley is a puss and wouldnt fight to back up his own mother on the ice, on top of that hes an officially an A-HOLE and degrades the #2 und jersey, i bleed green but for joe he has acquired a strong feeling of dislike from this guy and much earned on a personal level may i say

Ummmm.....care to explain?

Wilford Brimley? Is it really you? ;););)

he stole your girlfriend, huh pal?

This is what it would be if he did fight back ;)