SiouxSports.com Forum

Joe Finley vs. Bucky

siouxnami

The Main Event...  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a fight between Joe Finley and an oversized Badger?

• Joe Finley
    • Bucky

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides calling Watkins, "Max", he stated the the Wisco player has his head down and facing the boards. From the camera angle that I saw it from, it looks like he has his right side to the boards, not facing it at all. :)

The more I watch that Video, the more I think it was the wrong call... Kaip was coasting before he took his 1 1/2 to 2 strides.

Call me a homer but I have watched the tape 20 times, if anything the BADgers were looking for an excuse to goon it up.

The more I watch that Video, the more I think it was the wrong call... Kaip was coasting before he took his 1 1/2 to 2 strides.

Call me a homer but I have watched the tape 20 times, if anything the BADgers were looking for an excuse to goon it up.

EXACTLY

Hit from the side (not the back) and he didn't fall into the boards.

His head was down (if his head was up like it should be he could have braced himself)

Kaip was gliding and took 2 strides before contact (which is within the rules)

The FSN announcers on the #23 feed locally in GF made NO mention of it being a cheap/dirty hit

Bucky is nothing more than a hostile and abusive mascot for picking on our litttle joe :sad:

The FSN announcers on the #23 feed locally in GF made NO mention of it being a cheap/dirty hit

The steps Kaip took are within the rules. But as I pointed out in a previous post, the distance travelled by the player delivering the check is also part of the charging rule.

I have to admit I don't know too much about where the situation happened, but why is the stupid mascot walking around where the Sioux players are after the game. You play with fire, your gonna get burned. You walk around the opposing team with hockey sticks after taunting them all weekend, you gonna get smacked. I'm not defending what he did but come on; survival of the fittest I say.

Finley will be sending an apology letter to the kid who's legs he tried to break. The Badger fans really don't seem to like Big Joe. I'd hate to see what would happen if Joe beat the snot out of one of their Beloved Badgers. :sad:

you don't suppose Bucky was trying to get under the UND players skin in the hallway do you? i've never seen a mascot taunt the opposing team. :) Gillooly, i mean, er, Joe should need to write out his apology 500 times on the blackboard!

i will not slash an opponents mascot in the shins ever again

" "

" "

" "

" "

Maybe Eaves should look to see if the Badger can skate a regular shift. I mean he must be a tough guy to be able to perform the rest of the night with what sounds like must have been a broken leg or at the very least a deep bruise. That type of grit and determination is something that maybe the rest of the pansies from Wisconsin could feed off. Hell maybe they should slap the C on Bucky's chest. :)

I think this one of those, how old are we, write an apology, jesus.

How about no one was hurt and lets move on, I am sure the Mascot wasn't innocent in this one.

What are they going to make the two coaches hug as well? Eaves is silly if he thinks that his team is innocent in this one.

No, its pretty funny. Just imagine how many people have wanted to smash that awkward mascot.

There is nothing more stupid then the "classless" arguments in sports. The battle over who has class and who does not is annoying, and played out. Class speaks for itself and does not need to be defined by rubes on message boards.

He hit a clown with a stick, and I am yet to see or hear about a medical report... Goldy, you're next you rat bastard

Couldn't agree more, tired of the whole "class" arguement. This is hockey, not a Grey Poupon commercial.

You can't make this stuff up...

Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan. Those are where the goons come from. It should be no surprise that North Dakota has more players from these three provinces ( than any other team in college hockey. Hell, even North Dakota's goon coach is from Alberta.

The game they teach up there is not consistent with the rules and principles of college hockey and college athletics in general. Books, you mean I have to read books in order to play hockey? Wait, you mean I can't butt-end their best player in the jaw? Wait, you mean I can't slash their mascot on the unprotected shin? That's not how they teach hockey up in Saskatoon.

Rick Zaparniuk, Brad Cox, Howard Walker, Kevin Maxwell, Doug Smail, Dean Dachyshyn, Jim Archibald, Dave Donnelly, Ed Belfour, Lee Davidson, Garry Valk, Jason Herter, Russ Romaniuk, Dixon Ward, Teeder Wynne, Curtis Murphy, and Jason Ulmer are all past examples of players who had a lot of skill, but who also couldn't escape their goon tendencies. Over the past decade, UND has moved to more American-based players which has resulted in a lot of national success. This year, however, their roster is again chocked full of the kind of thugs that would make Gino Gasparini blush.

Just for the Record isn't Finley from Mpls?