SiouxSports.com Forum

Grieco Gone?

WiSioux

sarcasm or not? lol. that would be cool, but then agian, it would go to show their desperation.

but in all seriousness, are we able to pull Eidness out and bring him in now? Who would we get in? Any idea anyone?

he wore number 18 and he played forward and defense. AZ Sioux knows him...

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Diggler, you mentioned that if UND needed a goalies right now they could get one. Who are you referring to? on the other hand, although Walski has been around for his whole career, kinda hanging around in the back of everyone's mind, would they give him the 2nd spot on the goalie rotation? can they go ahead and bring in Eidness?

phil will be playing every game anyway really so i wouldnt waste any of eidness's eligabilty with phil being the guy this season. i do think there is someone out there that we could bring in as we will need to do that. its a tough spot because this opens another spot up to bring in a goalie to compete with eidsness next season as grieco would have been that guy butit also opens the door for another goalie to come to UND. im sure we will know soon.

phil will be playing every game anyway really so i wouldnt waste any of eidness's eligabilty with phil being the guy this season. i do think there is someone out there that we could bring in as we will need to do that. its a tough spot because this opens another spot up to bring in a goalie to compete with eidsness next season as grieco would have been that guy butit also opens the door for another goalie to come to UND. im sure we will know soon.

Are there any out there that UND would like right now? Seems like goalie market would be pick through right now...

I would hate to see another Siembieda situation.

I really do hope he will find a way to be back. Maybe next year he can come back in. With Lammy gone after this season we are going to need quality goaltending. I think Walski will be gone as well? That means we will have 3 slots with Eidness taking one. Lets hope Greico can fix whatever needs to be fixed and come back next season!

I really do hope he will find a way to be back. Maybe next year he can come back in. With Lammy gone after this season we are going to need quality goaltending. I think Walski will be gone as well? That means we will have 3 slots with Eidness taking one. Lets hope Greico can fix whatever needs to be fixed and come back next season!

If OHL is true he won't be coming back becuase he will have lost his college eligibility due to playing major junior.

not coming back if he goes to the OHL, hes gone

With Lammy gone after this season we are going to need quality goaltending. I think Walski will be gone as well? That means we will have 3 slots with Eidness taking one. Lets hope Greico can fix whatever needs to be fixed and come back next season!

Walski is only a JR.

Eidsness will be a great goalie, but I wouldn't bring him in early. As AZSioux said, I don't think they would want to waste a year of his eligibility if Phil is going to be playing almost all the games anyway.

Hak and Co will find someone to come in for depth...

Has anyone got any confirmation on this?

see, i havent seen anything anywhere yet that has been official of him leaving or where he is going or anything. i nkow we are easy to influence with speculation, and im not saying all of this isnt true, but again, nothing posted anywhere officially yet......

Well this is what i heard just from the grape vine. BUt I guess Hak didnt take him to Mich tech. And I heard Haak was gunna take to him to wisonsin. So a highly recruited goalie not even being tooken to road trips and being replaced wiht a walk on...how happy would u be.

hak said walski has earned his road trips by his work in practice, so i am guessing he and grieco would split the majority of the road trips unless one of them really stepped up and took the second spot. if he really left because of that, its too bad. you better have thicker skin than that to be a top notch goalie, either that or prove yourself so that hak just cant leave you home. if this all ends up being true, we have some voids to fill in this area.

hak said walski has earned his road trips by his work in practice, so i am guessing he and grieco would split the majority of the road trips unless one of them really stepped up and took the second spot. if he really left because of that, its too bad. you better have thicker skin than that to be a top notch goalie, either that or prove yourself so that hak just cant leave you home. if this all ends up being true, we have some voids to fill in this area.

I have a difficult time really understanding when the coaches always refer to "working hard" in practice. Do we believe at this level that any player holds that much of a different in their day to day practice, and if so why would they even be at this level? I think it is an easy out for the coaches call.

As stated, why would a highly recruited goalie ever have to be manipulated against a "walk on", if so why would all that scholarship money be spent on a recruited goalie if a walk on is the go to guy?:D?:huh: Is there more to this story........................

I have a difficult time really understanding when the coaches always refer to "working hard" in practice. Do we believe at this level that any player holds that much of a different in their day to day practice, and if so why would they even be at this level? I think it is an easy out for the coaches call.

As stated, why would a highly recruited goalie ever have to be manipulated against a "walk on", if so why would all that scholarship money be spent on a recruited goalie if a walk on is the go to guy?:D?:huh: Is there more to this story........................

there probably is more to any story but sometimes things just dotn work out. could be a variety of things on either end. time to get another goalie.

I think Hakstol will play the people that earn the right regardless of scholarship.

I have lttle respect for players that bail on their teammates during the season. There is no way I can wish him well in his future as it has to do with hockey. I wish him no ill will but I could care less if he succeeds with his hockey career.

I too have to admit I have wondered about this, as it has been said a lot

There has to be a point that burnout happens - there is nothing like game expirence - That is why more young guys should go the Junior route - But if you don't get em young ...you may not get them - Big gamble! The NHL draft has alot to do with it - & they are gambling too :D