SiouxSports.com Forum

Away Series

WiSioux

Which Series Do You Plan On Attending?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which Series Do You Plan On Attending?

• BC/Northeastern
    • Michigan Tech
    • Wisconsin
    • Denver
    • St Cloud
    • Mankato
    • Minnesota
    • Duluth

Our experience was great, four of us went to Madison about three years ago. A dad with his two sons went so far as to pick up our dinner bill before the Friday game. We said no way...he insisted. Good group of fans, on your a$$ during the game, and happy to hash over the goings on from the previous game over a beer.

Similar to our experience as well. We have been going to Sconny for a few years now, and have had a great time. Sad to say that is much better than I have been treated in your neck of the woods, and even sadder to say, much better treated than when their squad comes to Mariucci.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone looking into putting together a package for the Bucky series?

Sioux and Bucky Friday night

Michigan at Bucky for FB on Saturday afternoon

Sioux and Bucky Saturday night

Drive up to lambeau for the Vikes game Sunday?

I did not realize that Green Bay was playing an exhibition against a college team(maybe semi-pro) that weekend!

what about hotels near magnuss in denver. anyone got any ideas or suggestions.

nothing really on campus, just some close by , take a hotel shuttle, rent a car or cab, whatever, they arent far but you need some sort of a ride

I've usually stayed at the Terrace Inn (Best Western) , which is down Comm Ave from BC and near a stop on the T. It'd be a decent walk (with a hill) plus Conte is on the other side of the campus. Here's the BC guide - the Holiday Inn is pretty close, iirc, and on the Conte side of the campus (not that that is much of a walk).

Tickets are a PITA! BC's ticket policy is part of what made me start shooting "legitimately" rather than just as a fan as I didn't like the thought of making the trek from NYC w/o a guaranteed ticket. They have started selling tickets to some games online (apparently w/ a hefty fee), but I doubt your game would be included. Buy from UND. Your seats will definitely be on the UND bench side as parents are usually hanging around my area (BC has the benches on opposite sides of the ice).

If someone learns when the BC game tickets will be sold at UND, please post that here. I, too, heard through another BC fan that you're better off buying through UND. I have a group of 4 and know I'll need some heads-up.

Many thanks!

Not sure what kind of work you are in, but since you are Boston-based you may want to see if you know a Flynn Fund donor. If I couldn't find a single available from a fellow fan, that's what I did as I know several between our Boston office and BC alum here in NY. Pike's Peak (hockey donors) membership doesn't help afaik (I am one), just the general athletic fund.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, we're going to Houghton!!!!!! :sad:

I really want to go to Madison, if I can find a place to stay...

I want to go to the Gopher series, if I can find tickets somehow....

All the other games... If I can find people who want to go, I want to go! (Well except Denver, since I'll be there for the Frozen Four anyways :))

Yeah, we're going to Houghton!!!!!! :silly:

I really want to go to Madison, if I can find a place to stay...

I want to go to the Gopher series, if I can find tickets somehow....

All the other games... If I can find people who want to go, I want to go! (Well except Denver, since I'll be there for the Frozen Four anyways ???)

Houghton is a pretty good cheap time. The place is stuck in the 70s.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in Madison for the weekend series (although I will be cheering for the Badgers...and LaPoint), I also plan on going to the cities for that series and getting standing row (if anyone else is doing this get in the stadium EARLY for a spot to stand) and am also considering going to the Duluth series but that's also the same weekend as the Wisconsin State hockey tourney so we'll see.