SiouxSports.com Forum

Duncan wins the Hobey Baker

PCM

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news, way to go Ryan. I took alot of flak and ribbing from the trolls who frequent this site when last summer I predicted that Dunc would surpass 20 goals in a thread that discussed replacing the scoring from last seasons departures. Well Slappy, Bucky et al what do you think of the Sioux's mighty-mite now. :lol:

I can relate Sioux Hab-it! After the loss last year, when everyone was saying how Oshie and Toews would stand out this year, I made sure to add Dunc's name to that list. The goals he scored throughout last year's playoff run really made him stand out in my mind as someone who would be a factor in this year's team.

Congrats Ryan and very well deserved.

Hum.....As it turns out those fat-sses on ESPN are completely full of sh-t!!!!!

Just Norton. I bet he cried when Curry got eliminated and then sucked up to Brown only to have him lose too.

I wonder what the "order" is. WOuldn't it be hilarious if Norton's boys either didn't make it or finished 3rd of 3? :lol:

Ryan Duncan said the fan support made him proud to be a Fighting Sioux. Well, Ryan, guys like you make fans like me proud to be a fan of the Fighting Sioux.

Congratulations, Ryan. Way to go.

Coach Hakstol, good job pointing out that Ryan's first half of the season was not all Oshie and Toews.

Ryan Duncan said the fan support made him proud to be a Fighting Sioux. Well, Ryan, guys like you make fans like me proud to be a fan of the Fighting Sioux.

Congratulations, Ryan. Way to go.

Coach Hakstol, good job pointing out that Ryan's first half of the season was not all Oshie and Toews.

I agree with that. He had a great year and it couldn't have happened to a better guy. Sometimes during the year I thought he gave too much credit to Toews and Oshie and that would hurt him in the hobey vote, but I guess not.

Well, I was hoping his winning the award would make Sportscenter's Top 10, but it didn't.

Although, right at the end of the broadcast they plugged the championship game for tomorrow, and at least made mention: "North Dakota's Ryan Duncan won the Hobey Baker award, college hockey's Heisman."

Better than nothing, I guess.

I suppose I should have expected that some guy dunking a basketball MUST be more worthy of a top play than recognition of a player's year long accomplishments.

Congratulations Ryan! Another terrific turnout of Sioux fans, and the arena echoed with chants of "Ry-an Dun-can" during TV "timeouts", along with music from the the Fighting Sioux Pep Band (thanks for making the trek guys!)

He is one humble guy.

Considering the outstanding competition he faced, I'm surprised and thrilled.

I loved the reactions from Bob Duncan and Dave Hakstol after the announcement.

PS I got to tell Mr. Kubes "nice job with the Hobey award" later on ... :lol: