SiouxSports.com Forum

Duncan wins the Hobey Baker

PCM

A great honor for a player of great honor and humility! What a blast to have been in the arena for the announcement; I was bursting with pride.

Al Pearson's bus had "inside" information (a.k.a. The Band Theory) that the Hobey was Duncan's and almost all of the 80 people on our two buses were there for the ceremony along with a lot of other Sioux fans. Forecheck can verify that I texted the rumor to her just as she was preparing to leave for the arena.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also at the Hobey Ceremoney (in that section in the end by the band) and I am SOOOO glad that I decided to go. I knew that the band would be there because my friend is in the band and told me... so I had hope, but in all reality I expected Ehn to win it because of the whole Air Force thing... that however did not stop my friends and I from cheering wildly when Duncan was introduced and as often as we could throughout the ceremony. I loved the story that Duncan's dad told about him.... about how he fell on the ice and basically his dad wouldn't let him get off the ice because he had heard that you have to get them back on the ice right away. It is too bad that his mother wasn't present... I later read that she is out of the country (out of town?) so that is why she wasn't there. It would have also been cool if our team had been present just to see their reactions. Overall, it was an amazing experience! The roar of the crowd gave me chills... I can't imagine how Duncan was able to give a speech...

Congrats Duncan!!!! You deserve it!

So I don't remember where I saw the picture, but Duncan was holding the Hobey and making funny faces like it was really heavy..... Well it weighs 40 pounds, just thought I'd put that tidbit out there for ya guys!!!

Congratulations Ryan!!

it was the Herald website photo gallery...its ok, it was like 2:30 am when you saw that.

For Sioux fans in the Twin Cities, KSTP-TV is doing a profile on Ryan Duncan that should run on the 6 p.m. news tonight. The story or another version of it might also run on KSTP's 10 p.m. Sunday newscast. The station will be posting a longer version of the story on its Web site within the next few days.

For Sioux fans in the Twin Cities, KSTP-TV is doing a profile on Ryan Duncan that should run on the 6 p.m. news tonight. The story or another version of it might also run on KSTP's 10 p.m. Sunday newscast. The station will be posting a longer version of the story on its Web site within the next few days.

Thank you

I will record it for anybody who may want a copy.

I loved that camera shot when Duncan is standing on the ice!

I find it interesting that the Minneapolis news station even covered this story. It shows what respect Duncan gets outside the state of North Dakota. The only disappointing thing with this story is he wasn't wearing anything with the Sioux logo. Do you think this was done at the request of KSTP or was Duncan showing that his award is an honor for the entire WCHA?

I find it interesting that the Minneapolis news station even covered this story. It shows what respect Duncan gets outside the state of North Dakota. The only disappointing thing with this story is he wasn't wearing anything with the Sioux logo. Do you think this was done at the request of KSTP or was Duncan showing that his award is an honor for the entire WCHA?

i would guess that he probably didn't think about it at all, it was just something that happened. I don't know I haven't seen it yet because I am in a meeting and can't have my sound on.

not a chance, it was just probably what he through on that day....i wouldnt look that far into it

The only reason it was done here is because he went to school at SSM - but I'm surprized it ran at all although that tie to SSM is apparently enough for the metrosexuals here to lay some type of claim to him.

You're reading way too much into this. There are Sioux logos throughout the story. The story opens with a shot of Duncan standing beneath 13 banners with logos on them. He's shown on the ice with his teammates in their uniforms with Sioux logos on them. If the station was trying to avoid showing the Sioux name and logo, they did a pretty poor job of it.