SiouxSports.com Forum

Duncan wins the Hobey Baker

PCM

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great teammate and humble guy. Class all the way. We've never had a two time winner in NCAA history. I am glad to see that the Hobey voters saw the difference in scoring like Duncs did in the WCHA vs other leagues. Not to knock the other finalists, as they were all very, very deserving. It is just great to get validated as to the difficulty of scoring 30 goals in a WCHA season.

KARE 11 (in Minneapolis) just did a short story on him winning.

They showed 2 or three goals that he scored, all agains the Gophers. You wouldn't think they'd want to disgrace their team like that.

Anyway, good to see more regional recognition.

I am sure that KARE 11 will be getting a few calls complaining about the high lites.

:lol:

Just got in from the Al Hrabosky Sports Bar, Duncan winning sure helped ease some of the pain for everyone. The bar did a great job catering to Sioux fans all weekend. The DJ would start a "Ryan-Duncan" "Hobey-Baker" chant in between every couple of songs. The whole bar would chant it for about 20 seconds each time.

Congrats. to Duncan for winning the Hobey. It's too bad that we didn't make the championship game but that's & life happens so we move on. I hope we can get into the frozen four again & the good lord willing & the creek don't rise win the bloody thing. Thank you again "FIGHTING SIOUX." FROM THE GATORNATION HOME OF THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA GATORS NATION CHAMPIONS IN BOTH D-1 FOOTBALL & BASKETBALL (AGAIN).

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

HEY FOLKS THAT'S LONGER THAN SOME OF YOU FOLKS HAVE BEEN ALIVE AS WE SPEAK.

I kept telling you guys last year what a special guy Ryan is and everyone overlooked him. Everyone talked about Oshie and Toews. They are wonderful too but I am just so glad Ryan was appreciated more this year. He is a wonderful guy with a wonderful family. I am very proud of him!

Gotta love the quotes in today's Herald:

"I'm definitely not surprised," Ehn said. "Watching video clips of him (at the ceremony), I kept leaning over to Dave (Brown) and saying 'Wow' . . . then the next one, 'Wow that was nice' . . . then the next one, 'Wow I wish I could do that.' He's a tremendously talented player and he deserves everything he got tonight."

A Slam Dunc

Gotta love the little guys too :lol: But maybe that's because I'm short...

this was a nice upper for the weekend while in st louis. great to see ryan get this. he sure worked his azz off for this and had a great team help him win this as well. fun seeing this live. the hobey duncan chants started before the show even went live. lots of fun....

Ryan you may have saved my life - I was down on the Red River Bridge & ready to jump in (But there were so many ahead of me - I had to wait my turn)

Then someone drove by in a Gremlin & yelled Duncan won the Hobey - so instead we all walked over to Whitey's & drowned our sorrows instead :D

Thank You ! PS...........Plus the water looked way to Cold to me :lol:

Duncan will be back (barring something unforseen) and Oshie 50/50. Toews most likely gone. So, if Oshie and Duncan are still here next year, who to you plug in on that line? Or, do you split them apart? Opinions........

I plug vandevelde in to add some size, or a incomer maybe like trupp...make that line faster......

After the award was announced on Friday, we were approached by fans from everywhere saying that Ryan Duncan is the most humble player that they have ever seen and that he represents the Hobey Baker award well. They also said that they were glad to see a guy like that win it.

Congrats, Mr. Duncan. You deserve it!

PS-the roar of the crowd when they announced Duncan's name was great! Kudos Sioux fans!

When I was getting autographs from the Hobey finalists, Ehn asked Duncan what he thought of GF. Duncan said that he loved it and that it is the perfect situation for him. It turns out that Ehn served for 3 weeks at GFAFB this past summer.

Ryan you may have saved my life - I was down on the Red River Bridge & ready to jump in (But there were so many ahead of me - I had to wait my turn)

Then someone drove by in a Gremlin & yelled Duncan won the Hobey - so instead we all walked over to Whitey's & drowned our sorrows instead ;)

Just a side note ....... we went to the arch on Friday, they saw we were Sioux fans and wouldn't let us inside ...........

Did we have that I want to jump and end it all look :D

Duncan is Hobey .............. Nice job Ryan! :D

Then someone drove by in a Gremlin & yelled Duncan won the Hobey - so instead we all walked over to Whitey's & drowned our sorrows instead :D

It was a 1980 4-door Chevette NOT a gremlin and it runs fine THANK YOU!

Congrats to Ryan! I don't know if Vegas had odds posted but he must have been a longshot. Makes up a little for Greg Johnson/Jeff Panzer et al getting snubbed! His Dad was so proud too - that was the best. Just a SLIGHT :D family resemblence there...