SiouxSports.com Forum

Duncan wins the Hobey Baker

PCM

From the Dakota Student last week:

Duncan Talks About Hobey Baker Award

"For the most part, things haven't changed at all. I still go to my classes and do my normal day-to-day stuff. I get a lot of congrats from people on campus, but things haven't changed.

I'm still me," Duncan said. "It does make me feel good to know that people were following the process. It's awesome to know that people care, and I just want to thank everyone for their support."

He also talks a little bit about his decision to return to UND next year:

"We (Chorney and Oshie) all have a lot of great friends here, but probably the biggest thing for me is education. I came to UND to get as much of my degree before I think about leaving for more hockey, so it was a really easy decision for me. I just weighed all my options and found that this would be best for me as a person and as a hockey player."

So now that the season has ended, Ryan has gotten back to normal, but he realizes next year isn't far away.

"With (Chorney) and (Oshie) staying next year coupled with everyone else like Phil (goaltender Phillippe Lamoureux) and the others, we have the potential to do great things. We need to have a solid start to the summer and get prepared for a long season," he said.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duncan to be honored at Hobey Baker banquet in St. Paul

"Hobey Baker Memorial Award winner Ryan Duncan will be honored Thursday, May 3 at a banquet to be held at 317 On Rice Park in St. Paul, Minn. Joining the sophomore forward from the University of North Dakota will be an all-star lineup including featured guest speaker and Hockey Hall of Famer Craig Patrick and former Augsburg College head hockey coach Ed Saugestad, this year

• 2 weeks later...