SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem to me that advertisers all over the state would be calling for the OPPORTUNITY to pay for the benefit of sponsoring this game!

I don't think that they have a problem finding people interested in advertising. It just depends on what the cost is going to be. If ESPN decides that they want $50,000,000 for the rights it won't happen because you can't sell enough advertising at a high enough price in the state of North Dakota to cover those expenses. If ESPN wanted $1,000 for the rights you could probably find a bunch of companies and individuals that would cover that. The actual price will probably come in some where between those numbers.

Some very reliable sources tell me fssn is a few sponsers away from getting the feed. How ever, they need all the sponsers and money in to espn by thursday. The fee is steep (source doesnt no or wont tell me) so many sponsers are turning away.

PLEASE....GET YOUR COMPANY TO SPONSER OR SOMETHING!!!

Some very reliable sources tell me fssn is a few sponsers away from getting the feed. How ever, they need all the sponsers and money in to espn by thursday. The fee is steep (source doesnt no or wont tell me) so many sponsers are turning away.

ESPN is the biggest joke of a network these days...pure basketball is all they show. I think its wrong that they even show any hockey highlights whatsoever. To think they have the right to the NCAA...and all they'll show is the last two games..woah, dont show too much hockey, please! And not even 4 seconds after the game is over, theyll jump right into basketball! No interviews, no postgame, just " thank you for watching NCAA hockey, BYE".

Apparently ESPN is one of the most expensive channels in cable television.

how much are plane tickets to Tulsa? :silly:

I actually found a flight to Denver today for $260. Tickets to the games are between 30-40. Not bad. But unfortunatly, it just is too much when I am already spending a lot to go to St. Louis.

Apparently ESPN is one of the most expensive channels in cable television.

I know next to nothing about the TV market, so I ask this question. Wouldn't the guaranteed viewer share of this hockey game be well worth an expensive ad buy to a sponsor?

I spent a good chunk of time on the phone with Charter today and I was told that the games don't show up on the guide and they do not offer ESPNU. I wasn't actually told that she had never heard of it.

Paul Bunyan TV does offer ESPNU for $9.99 a month though and I'm seriously thinking about switching companies. I could watch hockey all weekend long.

I know we don't like GPL, but Jupiter has some info... :silly:

FSN Regional Schedule

virtually the same thing on FightingSioux.com

TELEVISION

ESPN Syndication will produce the 12 regional games. ESPN Syndication DOES NOT mean that the regional games will air on "ESPN" or "ESPN2". ESPN Syndication (Bristol, Conn.) will clear local cable affiliates and selected regional sports networks throughout the country. Several of the 12 regional games can also be seen on ESPNU (DIRECTV channel 609). Please check www.NCAAsports.com/broadcast for updated TV listings and game times.

Fox Sports Net North (Ch. 28 in Grand Forks) announced that it would show the West Region championship game live at 5 p.m. Central time on Sunday IF either North Dakota OR Minnesota advance to that game. The region championship game will also be shown live on ESPNU.

Saturday's Minnesota-Air Force game will be shown live at 2:30 p.m. Central time on FSN North and ESPNU, while the North Dakota-Michigan contest on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. Central time will be tape-delayed on both FSN North and ESPNU at 10 p.m. Central time on Saturday.

FSN North will also broadcast the East Region semifinal game beween St. Cloud State and Maine live at 5 p.m. Central time on Friday.

Television broadcast information is not yet final, and more information on television availability of the UND games will be posted here as it becomes available.

I'm calling Cox Tulsa tomorrow to snoop around...see if anyone knows if it's free to air. I'm not optimistic, though.

its not. Its a local cable access channel so they would be picking up the live feed (probably on C-Band)

Just heard the same thing from a higher up at Midcontinent. Her exact words were that at this point in time it seems very promissing that it will be shown on FSSN channel 23.

Just heard the same thing from a higher up at Midcontinent. Her exact words were that at this point in time it seems very promissing that it will be shown on FSSN channel 23.

If Midco does carry it on FSSN, that does not necessarily mean that it will be available via a free air transmission, right? i.e. those of us stuck in the boonies with just our Sioux Satellite dishes may not be able to get the game anyway...

Doesn't WDAZ run FSSN? I heard from WDAZ they couldn't air any hockey games past the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

Don't get me wrong...I hope it is on live for us.

Doesn't WDAZ run FSSN? I heard from WDAZ they couldn't air any hockey games past the first round of the WCHA playoffs.

Don't get me wrong...I hope it is on live for us.

WDAZ would not be producing it. ESPN syndicate is producing it. Midcontinent would be purchasing the rights to air it. FSSN would be the channel they apparently would air it on.

If Midco does carry it on FSSN, that does not necessarily mean that it will be available via a free air transmission, right? i.e. those of us stuck in the boonies with just our Sioux Satellite dishes may not be able to get the game anyway...

That's correct. In fact, I suspect ESPN would require that it not be made available FTA. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I might have to make the trip up to Grand Forks to watch the game.

That's correct. In fact, I suspect ESPN would require that it not be made available FTA. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I might have to make the trip up to Grand Forks to watch the game.

I just called FSSN and was told they are working on it and in his words "they make jump through a lot of hoops". I think that person was stressed from a number of phone calls to find out. I also said they are trying to get it carried.

I wonder one thing, if they purchase the rights, do they not have the right to do what they want to do with the signal. I would think that there is a chance it will be FTA. But I admitedly do not know forsure.