SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

Since the games in all regionals are staggered, FSN and other Fox Sport regionals have shown all regionals beginning to end. The only thing that gets in the way area a scheduled pro sports broadcast (NBA or NHL). So, although the Wild have eliminated a live Sioux/Mich broadcast on FSN, I would think you could find the game, if you have dish or directtv with the sports pak, on other FS regionals. I'd check FOXD first, since the do many Mich games, or do the have a Red Wing or Pistons game scheduled? Anything also out east (NESN?).

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does he mean by make through jump of hoops?

He said that they are making them Jump Through Hoops to get to carry the game. I suppose he means that there is a lot of red tape envolved in setting things up and most likely a lot of money.

To think sioux hockey/college hockey is what this part of the state/country revolves around. Gophers get whatever they want, why in the fu** cant we get A REGIONAL HOCKEY GAME HERE LIVE! sickens me!

Relax dude. We haven't heard that Midco can't get the game. They are working on it and those deals can take some time. I am sure that is part of the "Jumping through Hoops" that the mentioned. The Gophers have a little more fire power when dealing with ESPN. FSN is part of another large company and FSN has a much larger viewership, which means more advertising dollars to work with. But that doesn't mean that we won't get good news from Midco. Don't get sick until the answer is no.

This whole process is frustrating. But at the same time, in a weird way, this is part of what makes being a Sioux fan special. Things like this are not just handed to us on a silver platter like it is for some other fans. We have to work at being a fan, which makes it more rewarding when there is a payoff.

Assuming Midco airs it and it is not FTA, I intend to drive five hours to Grand Forks just to watch the game on live TV.

Having said all that, I'd still obviously prefer it be easily available and have the widest exposure possible.

Some very reliable sources tell me fssn is a few sponsers away from getting the feed. How ever, they need all the sponsers and money in to espn by thursday. The fee is steep (source doesnt no or wont tell me) so many sponsers are turning away.

PLEASE....GET YOUR COMPANY TO SPONSER OR SOMETHING!!!

would keystone be interested in sponsoring the game? :angry::silly:

I dont work for keystone but i could recort to drinking !@#!$ beer like hamms and save 4 bucks a case which wold save me 20 bucls for this week/weekend and i could give the 20 to fssn. should we start a fund? we gotta hurry up thursday morning is approaching fast. we could have a commerical abotu siouxsports or somtin.

Relax dude. We haven't heard that Midco can't get the game. They are working on it and those deals can take some time. I am sure that is part of the "Jumping through Hoops" that the mentioned. The Gophers have a little more fire power when dealing with ESPN. FSN is part of another large company and FSN has a much larger viewership, which means more advertising dollars to work with. But that doesn't mean that we won't get good news from Midco. Don't get sick until the answer is no.

Thanks ..im calm now :angry::silly:

What is the closest market to the Twin Cities that carries the FSSN on cable? If it's available in Alexandria, I'm driving up there.

Help me out- Does FSSN translate to Fox Sports or Fighting Sioux Sports Network? If it is the Fighting Sioux Sports Network Joe Sensors can pick up that feed and usually shows the games.

Anyone with an inside connection to Sensors know the answer to this? "Will Sioux Fans in the Twin Cities be able to watch the game LIVE at Sensors?"

Help me out- Does FSSN translate to Fox Sports or Fighting Sioux Sports Network? If it is the Fighting Sioux Sports Network Joe Sensors can pick up that feed and usually shows the games.

Anyone with an inside connection to Sensors know the answer to this? "Will Sioux Fans in the Twin Cities be able to watch the game LIVE at Sensors?"

I spend way to much time at Senser's in Bloomington and I can say that if they are able to pick it up on FSSN(Fight Sioux Sports Network) they will. But that is still up in the air. I think Icsberg can answer this, does it still need to be FTA for Senser's to get it. FSSN can just show it to a local audience in GF or just to ND I think.

I checked my Tivo to do list. The game is on Channel 656 on Directv for those of us who get the Fox Sports package. The game is delayed and starts at 9. So now my big decision is do I listen to the game live or do I watch it on delay like it's live? This would eliminate me sitting with the laptop on my lap and in the game thread......

Too stressful for me.

I checked my Tivo to do list. The game is on Channel 656 on Directv for those of us who get the Fox Sports package. The game is delayed and starts at 9. So now my big decision is do I listen to the game live or do I watch it on delay like it's live? This would eliminate me sitting with the laptop on my lap and in the game thread......

Too stressful for me.

Hockey Mom I would be willing to bet by Saturday the game will be shown live on tv in Grand Forks. Just a hunch.

Too stressful for me.

how much is the fox sports package for digital?

Throughout the season people have been watching different hockey games on the dish/digital cable or whatever...what package/es did you have to see most of these. I ask this in order to see if I'll be able to see any of these games. Im brand new to digital cable and also have NHL center ice. Does this benefit me at all? Or are there other channels that I could maybe see more regional action this weekend? THanks.

O yeah..I seem to have lost the thread with all the times and channels to see some of these games. More help with that would be awesome..Thanks !

how much is the fox sports package for digital?

Throughout the season people have been watching different hockey games on the dish/digital cable or whatever...what package/es did you have to see most of these. I ask this in order to see if I'll be able to see any of these games. Im brand new to digital cable and also have NHL center ice. Does this benefit me at all? Or are there other channels that I could maybe see more regional action this weekend? THanks.

O yeah..I seem to have lost the thread with all the times and channels to see some of these games. More help with that would be awesome..Thanks !

If you live in Grand Forks its digital three, you have to have digital cable. I think its for another like $7.00 extra a month. In the digital three package there is CSTV and the FCS as well as the golf channel and the NHL network.

Like Iceburg said, it might not be beamed up FTA, even if Fighting Sioux Sports Network picks it up. Senser's can only pick it up if it's free to air. This is even a worse pain in the rear than the Ferris St. game was four years ago, which I thought would be impossible.

We have Directv and don't get the FSSN. Sucks, but it's life. By the time that we decided we should pick up the cable here, there were only a couple games left so we decided against it and will order it in October when we need it for football.

Oops, my Tivo had the wrong time listed, must have been screwed up from daylight savings.

You need to download a patch through the phone line, or just live with it for another week and a half...when daylights savings would have usually taken effect. It really doesn't affect anything.

Like Iceburg said, it might not be beamed up FTA, even if Fighting Sioux Sports Network picks it up. Senser's can only pick it up if it's free to air. This is even a worse pain in the rear than the Ferris St. game was four years ago, which I thought would be impossible.

OUCH ....... a terrible flashback, it was along ride home after that ferris state game at mariyucki :angry::silly:

I sure hope that corporate sponsors step up to the plate and we can get the game live on FSSN and a feed to all of

the great Sioux fans at Sensor's and elsewhere ................ it would be a travesty to not see the Saturday game LIVE

-this link is why i ask if ESPNU is showing all the games?

-cstv shows a game on friday evening, but thats just one game. I cant really tell that anything else is being shown on digital cable? Im speaking for the whole tourney in general.

-And whats with this espn syndication crap? I saw another schedule somewhere where i saw nothing but espn sydication :silly: thats all new to me!

Wheres espnu on digital? i cannot find it :angry: doesnt exist?

You need to download a patch through the phone line, or just live with it for another week and a half...when daylights savings would have usually taken effect. It really doesn't affect anything.

I changed it to Eastern......funny how it didn't bother me before I noticed it, and after I noticed it I couldn't stand it.