SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

OK, we are going to hold you to that. :(:lol::angry:

thats fine. If its on the FSSN I predict it will be shown live. I mean, why would the FSSN pay money to tape delay it when at 10:00 that nite you can watch it on FSN North

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats fine. If its on the FSSN I predict it will be shown live. I mean, why would the FSSN pay money to tape delay it when at 10:00 that nite you can watch it on FSN North

This is a post from USCHO TV thread -

Originally Posted by HockeyMan2000

For those in RI, Cox Sports Television (Ch. 3) is picking up a good amount of the games as usual:

Friday

6:00pm, Maine vs. St.Cloud State

8:30pm, Boston Univ. vs. Michigan St. (Joined in Progress)

Saturday

11:00am, Massachusetts vs. Clarkson (tape delay from Friday 2:30pm)

1:00pm, New Hampshire vs. Miami, OH

4:30pm, Boston College vs. St. Lawrence

7:30pm, North Dakota vs. Michigan

8:30pm, Midwest Final (Joined in Progress)

Sunday

12:00pm, East Finals (tape delay from Saturday 6pm)

3:30pm, Northeast Finals

It looks like some cable companies around the country are showing the UND/Mich game live - which means they are getting a live feed from ESPNU/NCAA.

Shouldn't a bar be able to pick up the same feed?

Just called Senser's in Bloomington and was told they are not sure yet if they are going to be able to get the game. I am to call back and talk to the GM. I know the guy so I will call him later today or first thing in the morning and get it posted as quickly as possible. Go Sioux!

It is. This question has been asked before, but I think without an answer.

Will the FSSN coverage mean that the game will be available on free satellite? Or is that a setup on for live games

in the arena. I suppose that I can find that out tonight if I can pick up the women's bb game on the FSSN satellite dish.

The game could be live on FSSN but not necesarily be available to those of us with the Sioux Satellites....Iceberg, am i correct?

The game could be live on FSSN but not necesarily be available to those of us with the Sioux Satellites....Iceberg, am i correct?

correct. The away Bucky games this year and away Denver games last year were that way. They were just shown on cable and not satellite.

I'm hoping that they do beam it up via KU Band

From an e-mail I received from an individual who works at Midco, it indicated that the games would be shown live in select areas of ND including the Grand Forks area. Obviously until they officially announce anything can happen but right now it looks good. I would think something would be announced today.

is Fargo considered a "select area"?

I emailed Cableone but have not heard back from them....let's hope it is!

As someone posted earlier...Cableone is advertising that they are airing the game live on channel 44. Turn to the Weather Channel (29) and watch the bottom of the screen.

I just got an email reagrding the game on TV. It is Not on Fighting Sioux Sports Network. They said that Fox Sports and ESPN have the rights. So not sure where other people that posted it would be on FSSN are gettign there info. This email was from FSSN. I guess maybe someone was thinking that maybe FSSN was Fox Sports Net North, but is not going to be on Fightign Sioux Sports Net.

I just got an email reagrding the game on TV. It is Not on Fighting Sioux Sports Network. They said that Fox Sports and ESPN have the rights. So not sure where other people that posted it would be on FSSN are gettign there info. This email was from FSSN. I guess maybe someone was thinking that maybe FSSN was Fox Sports Net North, but is not going to be on Fightign Sioux Sports Net.

The playoffs have been on FSSN the last 2 or 3 years in Grand Forks. They can buy the broadcast and show it on that channel.

ESPN is also ABC so whatever, like Brad says I wouldn't worry about it, UND hockey will be seen on TV.

I have heard from Midco that it will be aired on FSSN. I'm not sure if it will be available with FTA (Sensers), but I do trust the source :angry:

Hey do you mean Fox Sports maybe instead of Fighting Siux Sports? I still have the email I got an hour ago from the guy at Fighting Sioux. I am getting confused.

Hey do you mean Fox Sports maybe instead of Fighting Siux Sports? I still have the email I got an hour ago from the guy at Fighting Sioux. I am getting confused.

nope, I mean FSSN. I bet the ywant to make an official announcement. I received a very similar email too. Its going to be on!

It's times like this when I understand why hockey is nothing more than a niche sport. No one has any idea who is showing the games, if anyone. It's like 1981 or 1982 when CBS would show tape-delayed broadcasts of the NBA finals at about 10 pm.

In the meantime, I suppose I can enjoy watching bowling on FSN and the women's NIT basketball tournament on ESPN. :angry:

nope, I mean FSSN. I bet the ywant to make an official announcement. I received a very similar email too. Its going to be on!

I got a email from midcontinet and they told everyone here on siouxsports to calm down. ( they must be getting a lot of emails). They said an announcement will be made thursday. My sources told me that it will be on!! but only in the GF area.

I got a email from midcontinet and they told everyone here on siouxsports to calm down. ( they must be getting a lot of emails). They said an announcement will be made thursday. My sources told me that it will be on!! but only in the GF area.

I agree, I am not sure how many times we have to say ITS GOING TO BE ON. THE GAMES HAVE BEEN EVERY YEAR SO FAR.