SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

If the womens b-ball keeps winning at the elite 8, its never gunna be on live here. Cuz DAZ just got the wedensday game and im 100 percent positive if they eep winnin they will keep showing games and spend more moeny and use up other sponsoers that owul dof sponserd the hockey game. BUt espn2 is showing the womens b-ball champioship so that leaves DAZ with no game to show saturday. email sweeny!! i no i did.. flood the hell out of him.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would if you had Midcontinent Cable (or evil Cable One).

Didn't sound like WDAZ had any clue of what i was talking about when i just called... the person had to put me on hold to figure out what was going on... maybe if we bother them enough it will happen...

Midcontinent is negotiating to show the games live. They hope to find out some time today. I don't have any idea whether it would just be in Grand Forks or on the whole FSSN network. Be a little patient and we should find out either today or tomorrow.

If the womens b-ball keeps winning at the elite 8, its never gunna be on live here. Cuz DAZ just got the wedensday game and im 100 percent positive if they eep winnin they will keep showing games and spend more moeny and use up other sponsoers that owul dof sponserd the hockey game. BUt espn2 is showing the womens b-ball champioship so that leaves DAZ with no game to show saturday. email sweeny!! i no i did.. flood the hell out of him.

hey, "proudsioux", take a look at this... linky

I just checked the Direct TV again and now ESPNU is showing the Gopher game live but then going out to New Hampshire for that regional for that night game. i am still hopefull that are game will be on somewhere. I think that TV stations are trying to get the best matchups on and so i think the Sioux Michigan game will be on some how.

If anyone is from Minot, please let me know who covers Sioux hockey on TV and/or radio and where I might be able to watch the game. I am not from Minot, but will be there this weekend.

I can normally pick up TH on 1390 am for radio, and with tv, I am not sure, your best bet would be channel surfing.

I can normally pick up TH on 1390 am for radio, and with tv, I am not sure, your best bet would be channel surfing.

As siouxforeverbaby said, for the radio its 1390. As for TV you might be able to watch the games on channel 23 if Midcontinent pays to syndicate the games live(they have in the past so I'm guessing they will again). If they don't then just maybe FSN North might but I highly doubt they'd do a Michigan/North Dakota game. But FSN North is channel 28.

As siouxforeverbaby said, for the radio its 1390. As for TV you might be able to watch the games on channel 23 if Midcontinent pays to syndicate the games live(they have in the past so I'm guessing they will again). If they don't then just maybe FSN North might but I highly doubt they'd do a Michigan/North Dakota game. But FSN North is channel 28.

I still can't understand why this is even an issue... for such a high profile event it should be a no brainer and be on tv. Instead of everyone digging around looking for info and callin every where just as i have also done. There is no better time than this weekend for our game to be televised... One of the best teams in the country and the people from their town have a hard time getting to watch the game... If i have to go to denver i will

How far is it from Kearney, NE, to Denver? Someone send the truck driver a new manifesto. Sweeney's Gremlin will also make it that far, no?

I agree with the previous posters. This should not even be an issue. Maybe we need to get in cahoots with the Michigan contingent. I am sure that they have a fan or two that wants to watch the game LIVE on the tube. ;)

I still can't understand why this is even an issue... for such a high profile event it should be a no brainer and be on tv. Instead of everyone digging around looking for info and callin every where just as i have also done. There is no better time than this weekend for our game to be televised... One of the best teams in the country and the people from their town have a hard time getting to watch the game... If i have to go to denver i will

No kidding UND is to hockey like FSU is to Football. It shouldn't be an issue.

As has been mentioned in past years, ESPN owns all broadcast rights for NC$$ tournament coverage because of a contract between ESPN and the NC$$. It's not like WDAZ or FSSN could walk into a rink with cameras and just start taping the game. Currently, ESPN uses some of these games on one of their networks, usually ESPNU. They sell some of the rights to other networks, but they don't have to sell those rights. If they ask for an outrageous amount of money, the local companies may not be able to afford the rights. Midcontinent is negotiating for the rights. They know what they can afford to pay based on what they can sell in advertising. I am sure that they will show the games if they can get the rights for a reasonable amount of money. If Midcontinent doesn't get the rights it will not be for a lack of effort.

As has been mentioned in past years, ESPN owns all broadcast rights for NC$$ tournament coverage because of a contract between ESPN and the NC$$. It's not like WDAZ or FSSN could walk into a rink with cameras and just start taping the game. Currently, ESPN uses some of these games on one of their networks, usually ESPNU. They sell some of the rights to other networks, but they don't have to sell those rights. If they ask for an outrageous amount of money, the local companies may not be able to afford the rights. Midcontinent is negotiating for the rights. They know what they can afford to pay based on what they can sell in advertising. I am sure that they will show the games if they can get the rights for a reasonable amount of money. If Midcontinent doesn't get the rights it will not be for a lack of effort.

It would seem to me that advertisers all over the state would be calling for the OPPORTUNITY to pay for the benefit of sponsoring this game!

We're just gonna have to wait it out seems. And it seems like for at least a couple of days until we find out.

That has yet to be determined. We probably won't know for a couple days yet.

That's all that WDAZ is saying. So there's no reason to keep on discussing until things get announced.