SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

I am freakin out why the heck doesn't fssn show it? I think we are important enough to be shown on our own network... they have done it before why wouldn't they do it this weekend. There is no way i am waiting to watch the game at 10 or 11... i will be found at a bar. GO SIOUX

Because FSSN and FSN are two completely different animals. FSSN is the Sioux's private TV station. FSN is a commercial entity that would want a substantial amount of money from FSSN to show the game.

Best bet is to go to a local sports bar if you don't have Direct TV or Dishnet with the added sports package.

Another option is to scan the sky for wild feeds if you have a motorized FTA setup. That is probably what I'm going to try.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I borrowed PCM's rabbit ears for my 13 inch black and white Zenith and rigged up the tin foil so I think I'll be good to go on Sat night. I'll have a fresh head cheese sandwich platter and plenty of warm Meister Breu (the good stuff only comes out for the NCAAs you know!) So if anyone wants to come over, they are more than welcomed to. ;)

Altitude does not have it listed on its website yet ;)

If they don't pick it up, maybe FSNRM will have it?

Altitude will be airing games live, but our game is not one of the one's they will be airing. They will be airing the West Regional final, but that will be tape-delayed at the same time the other 3 stations are carrying it. I have yet to find a station that will be airing our game(s) live.

Are you sure on that-- Altitude is carrying live games?

This is the schedule that Altitude has on its website as of this morning.

Saturday, March 24

11:00 AM NCAA Div. I Men's Ice Hockey Championships - Northeast Regional Semi #1

1:30 PM Race Central TV

2:00 PM Raceline

2:30 PM NCAA Div. I Men's Ice Hockey Championships - Northeast Regional Semi #2

5:00 PM Around the Town

5:30 PM Colorado Mammoth - Mammoth at Buffalo Bandits

8:00 PM Nuggets Fast Break

8:30 PM Avalanche Alert!

9:00 PM One on One - Mike Tirico- ABC/ESPN broadcaster

9:30 PM Colorado Mammoth - Mammoth at Buffalo Bandits

12:00 AM NCAA Div. I Men's Ice Hockey Championships - West Regional Semi #1

2:30 AM NCAA Div. I Men's Ice Hockey Championships - West Regional Semi #2

Sunday, March 25

12:00 PM Talking with Heroes

12:30 PM RMAC Showcase

1:30 PM NCAA Div. I Men's Ice Hockey Championships - Northeast Regional Final

4:00 PM NCAA Div. I Men's Ice Hockey Championships - West Regional Final

These times are all Mountain Time Zone. That means that ESPNU is the best alternative for Saturdays game as it is at 10pm (Tape delay) and that ESPNU and Altitude will be televising the West Regional Championship at 5PM (Central) on Sunday. So unless Altitude changes its scheduling ESPNU is the best alternative at this point. That is channel 609 on Directv and if someone has the Sports Pack they get this channel. Not the best alternatives but you can always catch it on the radio (via webcast).

unless the goofers are involved, plan on the games being tape delayed ;)

If you have satellite, Altitude will be carrying the games live :blush:

I just checked Altitude's schedule and they are not showing them live. I have placed a call to them to find out forsure.

I just checked Altitude's schedule and they are not showing them live. I have placed a call to them to find out forsure.

So if direct tv or sports packages or whatever are showing it tape delay... does that mean no bars will have it live? Maybe a dumb question but its crazy to think no one in grand forks will be able to see the game live...

So if direct tv or sports packages or whatever are showing it tape delay... does that mean no bars will have it live? Maybe a dumb question but its crazy to think no one in grand forks will be able to see the game live...

The bars get the same feeds that we do at home. The Saturday game (unless something changes) will be televised at 10PM. Maybe things will change but I would not bet on it. I was hoping that the Sioux were in another bracket (not because of MN or MI) because the other brackets games are almost always telvised live. I have had Directv for 3 years and it generally works out that the West Region games are delayed. Sorry to share the bad news.

The FCS digital cable stations have typically picked up hockey every weekend from the WCHA and CCHA. Currently they don't have any college hockey listed for this weekend. Hope that will change.

So we will all be potential hearing our good or bad news before we even get to see it... thats real cool... what a crappy set up this could be.

Because FSSN and FSN are two completely different animals. FSSN is the Sioux's private TV station. FSN is a commercial entity that would want a substantial amount of money from FSSN to show the game.

FSN (Fox Sports Net) doesn't have much of a pot to piss in when it comes to this. ESPN Regional (syndication) holds the rights to it and technically anybody could pick it up if they pay the right amount to ESPN. Heck WDAZ could pay ESPN syndication and show it on FSSN or even WDAZ.

Best bet is to go to a local sports bar if you don't have Direct TV or Dishnet with the added sports package.

but if its tape delayed, we're all kinda screwed

Another option is to scan the sky for wild feeds if you have a motorized FTA setup. That is probably what I'm going to try.

pro: they were on a backhaul (wild feed)

con: it was C-band and analog

just got a call from Altitude at the Pepsi Center and they are not showing them live, they said unless someone pays for the right to show the game not much they can do. FSSN needs to step up and show the games, or Fox Sports North needs to. That is crap that we can not see the teams in our region play live, but I can watch the NE regional games live. What a bunch of garbage.

Normally it would sound easy. FSN bumps the Wild game to Channel 45 here in the Cities. But the HS BB Tourney is on 45 so they can't do that.

Hey Iceberg can't Fightign Sioux Sports Network jsut get a good sponser pay the fee and show it live? That way I can go to Senser's, drink beer and watch us win. Thanks for the knowledge you provide on the subject, I greatly appreciate it.

Hey Iceberg can't Fightign Sioux Sports Network jsut get a good sponser pay the fee and show it live? That way I can go to Senser's, drink beer and watch us win. Thanks for the knowledge you provide on the subject, I greatly appreciate it.

Technically, yes, DAZ or FSSN could purchase the right to show the game. But the question is how much espn is charging for it. I'm not sure it would be economically feasible for a small station. But it never hurts to start inundating DAZ with phone calls. ;)

Hey Iceberg can't Fightign Sioux Sports Network jsut get a good sponser pay the fee and show it live? That way I can go to Senser's, drink beer and watch us win.

yes they could. Since ESPN Regional holds the rights, the FSSN (WDAZ) could pay for the right to show the game if they wanted to.

Now hypothetical situation time....if they do pick it up, that doesn't mean they'd show it outside of Grand Forks. Remember the Wisco games? They picked up the feed and only showed it in GF. They didnt beam it up via satellite.

Thanks for the knowledge you provide on the subject, I greatly appreciate it.

no problem. I'll be looking for the live feed. Hopefully its up there somewhere unscrambled ;)

Now hypothetical situation time....if they do pick it up, that doesn't mean they'd show it outside of Grand Forks. Remember the Wisco games? They picked up the feed and only showed it in GF. They didnt beam it up via satellite.

Good point. I bet if DAZ picks it up, espn would not allow them to beam it up to the FTA satellite.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that FSSN and ESPNU have a working relationship. ESPNU has picked up FSSN feeds for regular season games. I'm not sure if that would make a difference though.

Couple of quick questions. I live in West Fargo so I don't have FSSN, but I have Dish Network. From what I have read so far, it looks like I am out of luck to get a live TV feed. Does anyone know if there will be a webcast for these games and what the website would be? I usually listen to the radio on the web for away games but would love to see it live in video if at all possible. I know the SS.com posters who used the webcast for the Saint Cloud series said it was ok, would be better than nothing. It seems so crazy that we can't get a live feed for our states #1 sports team in the NCAA playoffs, but I suppose that money has something to do with it like mentioned earlier. Go Sioux!