SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional TV Coverage

fargosioux

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it's safe to assume that Fox Sports North will pick up the Gopher's first round game and the regional championship. Does anybody know if they will carry the UND-Michigan game live?

Doesn't ESPN (ESPN2, ESPNU, or whatever) carry the regionals or is that ONLY the Frozen Four?

Doesn't ESPN (ESPN2, ESPNU, or whatever) carry the regionals or is that ONLY the Frozen Four?

Only the Frozen Four (Semi's on ESPN2 and Finals on ESPN).

This coming weekend is up to the regional sports networks, most of them covered by FOX Sports.

According to USCHO, we play the late game, which is not being aired on TV until 10p.m. that night on ESPNU and CSNWS, as of right now, according to my Dish Network TV Schedule.

The final will be at 3:00p.m. central time, but is not being aired until 5:00p.m. on ESPNU, FOXNY, ALTUD, and CSNWS.

Hopefully this will change.

Ironically, ESPN2 has the Women's D-2 Championship Game on Saturday afternoon ....

Women's D-2 Championship? Who cares about that? Does anybody other than family members of the players actual go to women's sporting events?

Here is the TV shedule as posted on NCAASports.com:

All times Eastern

MEN'S ICE HOCKEY

Division I

Selection Show (16 teams) SUNDAY 03/18 2:30 PM Live ESPN2

East Regional SF # 1 - FRIDAY 03/23 2:30 PM Live ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

East Regional SF # 2 - FRIDAY 03/23 6:00 PM Live ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

East Regional Final - SATURDAY 03/24 6:00 PM Live ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

Midwest Regional SF # 1 - FRIDAY 03/23 5:00 PM Delay EU / Live Syn 3/23 - 11:00 PM ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

Midwest Regional SF # 2 - FRIDAY 03/23 8:30 PM Live ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

Midwest Regional Final - SATURDAY 03/24 8:30 PM Live ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

Northeast Regional SF # 1 - SATURDAY 03/24 1:00 PM Delay EU / Live Syn 3/25 - 11:30 AM ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

Northeast Regional SF # 2 - SATURDAY 03/24 4:30 PM Delay EU / Live Syn 3/25 - 1:30 PM ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

Northeast Regional Final - SUNDAY 03/25 3:30 PM Live ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

West Regional SF # 1 - SATURDAY 03/24 3:30 PM Live ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

West Regional SF # 2 - SATURDAY 03/24 7:30 PM Delay EU / Live Syn 3/24 - 11:00 PM ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

West Regional Final - SUNDAY 03/25 6:00 PM Live ESPNU / ESPN Syndication

Semifinal # 1 - THURSDAY 04/05 4:00 PM Live ESPN2

Semifinal # 2 - THURSDAY 04/05 8:00 PM Live ESPN2

Hobey Baker Award FRIDAY 04/06 7:00 - 7:30 PM Live ESPNU

Pontiac Frozen Four Skills Challenge FRIDAY 04/06 8:30 - 10:00 PM Live ESPNU

National Championship - SATURDAY 7:00 PM Live ESPN

Women's D-2 Championship? Who cares about that? Does anybody other than family members of the players actual go to women's sporting events?

Umm, UND could possibly be playing in that game. As a Sioux fan, I know I would love to watch the ladies play for a National Championship on national TV.

Doesn't the Fighting Sioux Sports Network(FSSN) pick up the feed and put it through there channel? I remember watching the past regional games through there. The one that comes to my mind is the regional where we played Boston University and Boston College out east and I saw both on T.V. through the FSSN. I even remember watching the regional games against Holy Cross and Denver 2-3 years back.

So according to past experiences wouldn't they be doing it again?

Doesn't the Fighting Sioux Sports Network(FSSN) pick up the feed and put it through there channel? I remember watching the past regional games through there. The one that comes to my mind is the regional where we played Boston University and Boston College out east and I saw both on T.V. through the FSSN. I even remember watching the regional games against Holy Cross and Denver 2-3 years back.

So according to past experiences wouldn't they be doing it again?

Your right, and I remember doing it too.

New conspiracy theory!

Gophers are playing the afternoon game because there was a television time slot confliction with the Wild. If the Wild were not playing that night, they woudl have been the late game. If the game was on friday it would have been the night game, when it would have been convenient for those lazy ass gopher fans!

I'm guessing you may be able to get it live on a digital cable station (Fox super-regional).

I am freakin out why the heck doesn't fssn show it? I think we are important enough to be shown on our own network... they have done it before why wouldn't they do it this weekend. There is no way i am waiting to watch the game at 10 or 11... i will be found at a bar. GO SIOUX