SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2006-07 Updates

jk

Rick,

I think Gleason is a terrific talent, I just didn't see as much as I had hoped to on Friday. I thought he had an average day. I recall one play in the first period where he was beaten, badly, and it led to a goal and he came off the ice shaking his head. My guess is that he would tell you it wasn't his best day on the ice. Having said that, I think we'd agree that we're happy to have him as a Sioux recruit.

USA Hockey,

I feel bad for you having been taken to the woodshed on GPL for your response to my Gleason comments. I thought your response was innocuous but somehow it took on a life of its own for a while on GPL.

I wasn't questioning your analysis of Gleason, I was most likely in the practice rink at different times. I was probably in the Main Rink when he got beat. But I didn't see any issues with his skating and I was really impressed with his poise on the blue line when he was under pressure during power plays.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

I think Gleason is a terrific talent, I just didn't see as much as I had hoped to on Friday. I thought he had an average day. I recall one play in the first period where he was beaten, badly, and it led to a goal and he came off the ice shaking his head. My guess is that he would tell you it wasn't his best day on the ice. Having said that, I think we'd agree that we're happy to have him as a Sioux recruit.

USA Hockey,

I feel bad for you having been taken to the woodshed on GPL for your response to my Gleason comments. I thought your response was innocuous but somehow it took on a life of its own for a while on GPL.

Don't worry, I don't take the woodshed on GPL to personally :lol: The whole intent of the post was to give a possible reason to why you may not have seen the same player that he is on a typical night with Edina. It wasn't to compare him to anyone else or give an excuse to why he didn't make the team.

I don't think anyone said that Gleason was the only one affected. For someone who constantly criticizes other for putting words in his mouth, Hammy was quick to do the same.

I was not surprised.

Haven't looked on GPL, and won't, but I suspected that the poster was this member of the Ha**y twins before you named him. He will put down anything Sioux, always has, always will. I would guess if a Sioux fan reads and/or posts on GPL regularly, they've become good at ignoring this one.

Haven't looked on GPL, and won't, but I suspected that the poster was this member of the Ha**y twins before you named him. He will put down anything Sioux, always has, always will. I would guess if a Sioux fan reads and/or posts on GPL regularly, they've become good at ignoring this one.

I think I have an idea who you are talking about. :lol::D These are the same guys that complain about Sioux fans being halos then are the first ones you hear whining refs in the forums then they didn't get all the calls to go their way during the regional.

I think I have an idea who you are talking about. :lol::D These are the same guys that complain about Sioux fans being halos then are the first ones you hear whinning refs in the forums then they didn't get all the calls to go their way during the regional.

I think you mean whining...

I think I have an idea who you are talking about. :D;) These are the same guys that complain about Sioux fans being halos then are the first ones you hear whining refs in the forums then they didn't get all the calls to go their way during the regional.

Please, not another thread concerning what another teams site has to say about the Sioux. Why do you really care?

Besides, I would think that the site in question has more to worry about than who in Kelly Green will be bashing their poor little golden locked lassies. Specifically, they should be more concerned about how they can reclaim the State of Hockey title from Michigan. :lol:

Please, not another thread concerning what another teams site has to say about the Sioux. Why do you really care?

Besides, I would think that the site in question has more to worry about than who in Kelly Green will be bashing their poor little golden locked lassies. Specifically, they should be more concerned about how they can reclaim the State of Hockey title from Michigan. :lol:

Doesn't St. Cloud own the title "State of Hockey"? After all, they did win the 2006-07 DQ Cup!

I'm in total agreement with you Sioux-Habit. There are quite a few posters on this site that continually reference what another team's site has to say about the Sioux. Unfortunately, it portrays our program in a bad light (like the ugly stepchild syndrome).

I'm in total agreement with you Sioux-Habit. There are quite a few posters on this site that continually reference what another team's site has to say about the Sioux. Unfortunately, it portrays our program in a bad light (like the ugly stepchild syndrome).

If that's the case, then they are being portrayed like that as well, because they apparently were referencing this website which is how this all came up. I wouldn't worry about being characterized in a bad light, because people are going to do that regardless. See the whining about officials comments as a case in point. All Sioux fans will be characterized like that even though there are only a few chronic complainers who bring that up every time the Sioux lose.

If that's the case, then they are being portrayed like that as well, because they apparently were referencing this website which is how this all came up. I wouldn't worry about being characterized in a bad light, because people are going to do that regardless. See the whining about officials comments as a case in point. All Sioux fans will be characterized like that even though there are only a few chronic complainers who bring that up every time the Sioux lose.

If your taking seriously what others post about a group of fans of a certain team on the internet web page I would have to say are taking this way too serious. I mean seriously folks...

article on dtoews

http://winnipegsun.com/Sports/Hockey/2007/...354402-sun.html

"I've been talking to them for a long time, so I just sat down with my parents and I told them this is what I wanted," Toews said. "I got the offer that I wanted, so there was no real need to wait. I know what North Dakota hockey is all about with Jon having been there. I knew it was the place, I've been going there to watch a few games before Jon even played there.

"The last couple years it's almost ben like one big visit I've been there so much. I'm pretty familiar with everything there. I know what I was getting myself into."

brads interview with lapoint

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Q. What are your expectations for this upcoming season?

DERRICK LAPOINT: I want to play right away. I don't want to come in and be an average player. I want to be someone who makes a difference. That's what coach (Dave) Hakstol wanted from me when I first met him and that's what I want to be for him. I want to put some points on the board and I want to help us win a national championship. That's what all of us are here for. I understand that's the goal of the team and that's what is No. 1 in my mind.

brads interview with lapoint

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Q. What are your expectations for this upcoming season?

DERRICK LAPOINT: I want to play right away. I don't want to come in and be an average player. I want to be someone who makes a difference. That's what coach (Dave) Hakstol wanted from me when I first met him and that's what I want to be for him. I want to put some points on the board and I want to help us win a national championship. That's what all of us are here for. I understand that's the goal of the team and that's what is No. 1 in my mind.

Very good interview! Answers like he has makes me believe he won't be the same type of player Lee was even though they have similar traits. I believe Lapoint will have much more of a positive influence on the team with MUCH better puck handling skills. Size wise he could be a little bigger, but that will come with time, and there are a couple months of summer left, so I don't see it being too big of a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Just think how amazing our 08 class could have been (I know already pretty damn good) if Tessier didn't go Major Junior. I'm making the assumption that he would have followed his body to the Sioux.

i hear ya but man its good, 08 and 09

Well, next to Michigan, of course.

:D

yeah, of course michigan, how have they faired the last couple years in the NC$$ tourney, how do you like them apples, RED , of yeah thats right you beat yourselves in denver, the sioux put a 7 spot up by luck :blush:

yeah, of course michigan, how have they faired the last couple years in the NC$$ tourney, how do you like them apples, RED , of yeah thats right you beat yourselves in denver, the sioux put a 7 spot up by luck :blush:

Not luck really. It appeared to me like both Michigan and UND wanted to play a run and gun type game and that usually produces more save opportunities for goaltenders. Phil didn't have a great game, for sure, but Sauer flat out didn't show up. Michigan's D never adjusted. UND had a bad first period and first part of the second period. But UND got better as the game progressed. Michigan stagnated and sort of tried to outslug us, which works provided the D is there to prevent any retaliation.

Sauer looked incompetant all game long. And people thought Montoya wasn't very good his last year... this kid is in trouble professionally.