SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2006-07 Updates

jk

Playing the waiting game

The possible hidden gem among the Manitobans that could be selected this weekend is Winnipeg product Jason Gregoire. After playing for the Manitoba Junior Hockey League's Winnipeg South Blues as a 16 year old in 2005-06, he left for the Lincoln Stars of the Tier 1 United States Hockey League last season. Despite missing a good portion of the season with an ankle injury, he scored 16 goals and added 20 assists in 32 games in Lincoln.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How interesting that he is coming to UND and the New Jersey Devils are one of the three NHL teams that have interviewed him.

I wouldn't mind UND becoming the amateur farm team of the Devils :ohmy: I like the Devils ALMOST as much as I liked the Yzerman-led Red Wings. (forgive me Wings fans, but I don't think they've been the same without Stevie. I like Datsyuk and Zetterberg... but I miss Stevie Y tons).

brad chats with eidsness

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Q. You lost to Fort Saskatchewan, the league's regular-season champion, right?

BRAD EIDSNESS: Yeah, they're pretty good. They have (Sioux recruit) Matt Frattin. He's a very good player. He has the hardest shot I saw all year. When it hits you, it hits you hard. I was really impressed with him. He has some linemates who get him the puck and he seals the deal. There were some scouts in Toronto (at the Combine) who were asking me about him. I told them about his heavy shot.

Q. Did you get any indications about who might take you this weekend?

BRAD EIDSNESS: There were five or six teams that seemed pretty interested -- Buffalo, Toronto, Jersey... they have a big college connection and North Dakota connection there... Nashville and Pittsburgh. You never really know, though. I was talking to someone who said that sometimes teams don't interview players because they already have heard so much about them from their coaches and other scouts. So it's kind of a crapshoot. I'm probably as out-of-the-loop as anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Blood on the ice may help Sens

Blood has accepted an offer to play for the University of North Dakota in the near future.

"(North Dakota) has a remarkable program and so many of their players have gone on to play in the NHL," he said. "I thought it was the best place to help me reach my own goal of playing in the National Hockey League."

But with an overstock of Fighting Sioux blueliners currently at UND, Blood will be sharpening his skills with the USHL's Des Moines Buccaneers next season.

"I wanted to play a year of junior just to get better; to become an impact player and carry more of a role when I get to UND," he said.

ben blood far left at sens camp

1993_1.jpg

If he is the kid on the left, it looks like we are going to have our tree truck of a player on defense.

I love it. Make the oppostion pay attention more attention to who is on the ice guarding the Sioux blue line/goal...

If a forward comes into the kitchen he needs to have his clock cleaned... Ala Commie, Greene, Smaby and now Finley.

AZSIOUX has a better chance of being a regular on the Sens blue line than Lee does.

dont be stupid. i dont know if you got the memo, but most people here are tired of the lee bashing crap. it reminds me of the hakstol bashing.

Gregoire performed well at the Islanders camp,

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=326861

if forney isnt healthy lets bring him in!!

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=326861

Three Stars of the Game

1. Jason Gregoire: All over the ice creating chances, 2G, 1A

2. Jamie Fraser: Jumped into the play well, 2G, 1A

3. Frans Nielsen: A goal and an assist in the losing effort

also is gregoire too old for the WJT if he even has a chance of making it? thanks