SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2006-07 Updates

jk

Check out this scoring summary. Must have been an entertaining game... Brad Malone got a goal. We still need to find a 3rd redhead to play with him and Bruneteau... Also if CSS thinks that Gregoire is going to slip to the 5th round they are insane. Or I am...

Period 1

Sioux Falls - Zach Redmond (powerplay) (Corey Tropp, Jake Bauer) 4:17

Sioux Falls - Dan Sexton (Patrick Tiesling, Zach Hansen) 5:10

Sioux Falls - Zach Redmond (Chris Huxley, Drew Fisher) 6:11

Sioux Falls - David Grun (Stu Bickel) 6:34

Lincoln - Jason Gregoire (Jared Brown, Stephen Schultz) 7:36

Lincoln - Jared Brown (Stephen Schultz) 7:57

Lincoln - Jared Brown (powerplay) (Stephen Schultz, Carter Camper) 11:23

Lincoln - Patrick Johnson (unassisted) 15:41

Lincoln - Jason Gregoire (Stephen Schultz, Jared Brown) 17:40

Sioux Falls - Dan Sexton (Robbie Vrolyk) 18:30

Period 2

Lincoln - Travis Erstad (Mike Kramer, Brandon Bollig) 7:04

Sioux Falls - Brad Malone (powerplay) (Chris Huxley, Zach Redmond) 10:11

Sioux Falls - David Solway (Corey Tropp, Jeff Foss) 11:36

Lincoln - Jason Gregoire (Jared Brown, Stephen Schultz) 12:53

Sioux Falls - Dan Sexton (shorthanded) (Stu Bickel) 15:59

Period 3

(no scoring)

Was this considered a "defensive showdown?" Or perhaps a "Goaltender's duel?" :D

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Someone (perhaps it was Goon) asked me earlier in the season how the Alberta Junior Hockey League stacked up against the other Tier II leagues in terms of quality. Based on the most recent evidence, perhaps Frattin and Eidness played in the strongest league as the Camrose Kodiaks have dominated the Royal Bank Cup tournament thus far.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_sto...canadian_hockey

Someone (perhaps it was Goon) asked me earlier in the season how the Alberta Junior Hockey League stacked up against the other Tier II leagues in terms of quality. Based on the most recent evidence, perhaps Frattin and Eidness played in the strongest league as the Camrose Kodiaks have dominated the Royal Bank Cup tournament thus far.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_sto...canadian_hockey

Sioux_Hab-it has a good memory. Looks like we are getting some good players.

According to Lives-to-play-withhimself-06 Malone is vastly overrated. :ohmy:;);)

I think Malone needs to sit up front near the door next to LaPoint. That way, when they make their first freshmen mistakes (or MAYBE their second if we are being lenient) they can join Grieco, Kozek, Lee, and Finley under the bus. ;)

I think Malone needs to sit up front near the door next to LaPoint. That way, when they make their first freshmen mistakes (or MAYBE their second if we are being lenient) they can join Grieco, Kozek, Lee, and Finley under the bus. ;)

I am thinking would that lower the expectations Malone would have making him less likely to be thrown under the bus? :ohmy:

I am thinking would that lower the expectations Malone would have making him less likely to be thrown under the bus? :ohmy:

Not really. Remember, he is slated to be drafted higher than the fourth round. So, really he needs to be close to the front of the bus so that the "respected" Sioux players dont have to strain themselves. ;)

Q&A with Evan Trupp on the Sioux blog:

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Evan's description of Hextall sounds exactly like Prpich.

uh yeah, ya think :ohmy: sounds like a carbon copy

Q. We got the low-down on you from Hextall. What can you tell us about him?

EVAN TRUPP: He's an extremely hard-working player. He's a pretty gritty player. He's only 5-10, but he's a pretty tough kid. He's hated throughout the league. He runs his mouth a lot. It's pretty funny. Lots of people hate him for it, but he's a great team player. He's a great guy to be around.

uh yeah, ya think :ohmy: sounds like a carbon copy

Q. We got the low-down on you from Hextall. What can you tell us about him?

EVAN TRUPP: He's an extremely hard-working player. He's a pretty gritty player. He's only 5-10, but he's a pretty tough kid. He's hated throughout the league. He runs his mouth a lot. It's pretty funny. Lots of people hate him for it, but he's a great team player. He's a great guy to be around.

Oh yes, the Goofer fans are going to love this kid. I can't wait till he has the whole league chirping at him.

Maybe we can teach him to drink out of the opposing goalies water bottle.

Oh yes, the Goofer fans are going to love this kid. I can't wait till he has the whole league chirping at him.

Maybe we can teach him to drink out of the opposing goalies water bottle.

he should sit down on their bench and drink from their water bottles. that would probably even be penalized im guessing.

Here is a list of the Minnesota players invited to the USA Hockey Select 17 Festival in St. Cloud on July 7-13. One of our commitments, Joe Gleason is on the list with some other prospective recruits. Besides Gleason, the only other commitment that could be invited would be Cichy.

Forwards

Tyler Barnes Burnsville

Ryan Bohrer Cretin

Marshall Everson Edina

Mike Fink Hopkins

Keegan Flaherty Duluth East

Luke Greiner Shattuck

Ben Hanowski Little Falls

Tyler Landman Roseau

Matt Leer Edina

Zach Lehrke Park Rapids

Danny Mattson Holy Angels

Jordy Murray Shattuck

John O

Here is a list of the Minnesota players invited to the USA Hockey Select 17 Festival in St. Cloud on July 7-13. One of our commitments, Joe Gleason is on the list with some other prospective recruits. Besides Gleason, the only other commitment that could be invited would be Cichy.

Forwards

Tyler Barnes Burnsville

Ryan Bohrer Cretin

Marshall Everson Edina

Mike Fink Hopkins

Keegan Flaherty Duluth East

Luke Greiner Shattuck

Ben Hanowski Little Falls

Tyler Landman Roseau

Matt Leer Edina

Zach Lehrke Park Rapids

Danny Mattson Holy Angels

Jordy Murray Shattuck

John O

Welcome Mike Fink from Hopkins High School!

Looks like The Exiled One was at least "half" right in his recent post about prospective recruits.

This was posted by Ronk11 on GPL and gives a little bkd on Fink.

"He is a hardworking and unassuming kid," says Head Coach Chad Nyberg. "You'd never know that he is one of the best hockey players for his age in the state because he isn't arrogant or full of himself."

"He makes things happen every time he is on the ice and he makes his surrounding linemates better as well," Coach Nyberg says.

In his third season coaching Hopkins boys' hockey, Nyberg can speak for his players when he says Mike is ultra competitive and highly skilled, plus personable and genuine.

From this site, some additional bkd on Fink:

Michael Fink So Center 25games 30-23-53

Fink was the 3rd highest sophomore scorer in the state in 2006-07

The top 30 players in each category are ranked, by a small group of high school scouts, in the areas of: skill, size, strength, skating, passing, shooting, stickhandling, reading the play and reacting to the play both on offense and defense, and plus/minus stats. Points are a factor in the overall rankings but not the most important factor. Minnesota Select teams and AAA Elite Hockey teams development are also considered.

2006-2007 SOPHOMORES CLASS AA

FORWARD

1. Tyler Landman Roseau

2. Danny Mattson Academy Of Holy Angels

3. Nick Oliver Roseau

4. Mike Fink Hopkins

5. Tyler Zepeda Hill-Murray

6 Sam Coatta Minnetonka

7. Zach Budish Edina

8. Tyler Pitlick Centennial

9. Charlie Thauwald Rochester Mayo

10 Connor Gaarder Edina

That list above was for just the sophomore class. This page is for ALL players in MN and lists Fink as the 48th best player in the state this year. The list is actually pretty interesting to review.

"I had never seen the rink up there and it was amazing," said Fink, who visited campus last Thursday with his father, Steve. "I fell in love with the coaching staff there all three of them. I like how the campus was small and the training facilities are unbelievable.

Sioux-cia ain't gonna like this... now the coaches are hittin' on her boys. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The Tri-City Storm of the USHL (the team that drafted Cichy) will be holding their open tryout camp at the Bloomington Ice Garden this weekend. This is the invitation only camp and all of their recent draft selections (Cichy) are invited. If Cichy attends the camp I would assume he has every intention of playing in the USHL next season and then here. If anyone is in the cities area, doesn't have much going on, and wants to watch summer hockey plus a future recruit here is the schedule.

Friday, June 1

5:30-7:00pm: Game #1--Team #1 (Gold) vs. Team #4 (Grey)

7:15-8:45pm: Game #2--Team #3 (Navy) vs. Team #2 (Red)

Saturday, June 2

9:30-11:00am: Game #3-Team #1 (Gold) vs. Team #3 (Navy)

11:15-12:45am: Game #4--Team #2 (Red) vs. Team #4 (Grey)

5:30-7:00pm: Game #5-Team #1 (Gold) vs. Team #2 (Red)

7:15-8:45pm: Game #6--Team #4 (Grey) vs. Team #3 (Navy)

All-Star Games

(Cuts will be made Sunday morning before ice session)

Sunday, June 3

9:00-10:30am: Black vs. White

2:00-3:30pm: White vs. Black