SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

But I have a question is he Kessell staying or is he going to the pros for a year or two before being out of hockey entirely. Just curious.

Where are all these Gopher Dum%asses coming from on this sight. I think they have their own places they can go and talk about their beloved Goofs. The think the Goofs are the best hockey program in the country, but yet we have 7 and they have 5 national titles. So they can go away now and Shut Up about Kessell being the next coming of God. He has one move he is good, but I will take Oshie or Toews anyday over Kessell.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I have a question is he Kessell staying or is he going to the pros for a year or two before being out of hockey entirely. Just curious.

Where are all these Gopher Dum%asses coming from on this sight. I think they have their own places they can go and talk about their beloved Goofs. The think the Goofs are the best hockey program in the country, but yet we have 7 and they have 5 national titles. So they can go away now and Shut Up about Kessell being the next coming of God. He has one move he is good, but I will take Oshie or Toews anyday over Kessell.

I don't have PCM's dog, so I will try this...

00108_001.jpg:angry:

The bottom line is that the Gophers have sucked at the X the last two years.

Let's go back and start with 1997 and see how Minny's done in its own backyard:

1997 Final Five: North Dakota over Minnesota (St Paul Civic Center)

1999 Final Five: Denver over North Dakota (Target Center)

2000 Final Five: North Dakota over Wisconsin (Target Center)

2001 Final Five: St Cloud State over North Dakota (Xcel Energy Center)

2002 Final Five: Denver over Minnesota (Xcel Energy Center)

2003 Final Five: Minnesota over Colorado College (Xcel Energy Center)

2004 Final Five: Minnesota over North Dakota (Xcel Energy Center)

2005 Final Five: Denver over Colorado College (Xcel Energy Center)

2006 Final Five: North Dakota over St Cloud State (Xcel Energy Center)

Minnesota 2-2 in title games in Mpls/St Paul since 1997. UND is 3-3.

I don't think that people have an unreasonable expectation of the Gophers and how they do in their own neighborhood, sagard. If the Sioux played 9 years of Final Fives in East Grand Forks or Hillsboro, I'm guessing 4 title game appearances in 9 years and a 2-2 record in those games would be considered a bit of a disappointment.

As an FYI, the 1998 Final Five was held at The Bradley Center and North Dakota was defeated by Wisconsin, 2-1.

Edited by MafiaMan

According to Sid's column today Kesshole has been offered a contract by the Bruins. It is just a matter of money and they are still negotiating. Kesshole does not seem at all interested in returning to the Maroon and Gold.

He tried "the move" in the World Junior tourney against Canada and the Canadian D-man pounded him to the ice and you could see after the whistle blew the d-man had a smile on his face. It's kind of a toe drag type move. It will never work against NHL caliber defenseman.

"Sarcasm" - sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous or ironic manner and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words.

There is just so much Gopher hockey talk on this board.......... :angry:

sioux7>5: Your attacks on other poster's aren't wanted on this forum. The thread is correctly labeled, if you don't want to read it, don't. There's nothing wrong with a Gopher fan starting a thread to let us know what's happening on their team.

"But I have a question is he Kessel staying....." - Wow, that's impressive.

sioux7>5: Your attacks on other poster's aren't wanted on this forum. The thread is correctly labeled, if you don't want to read it, don't. There's nothing wrong with a Gopher fan starting a thread to let us know what's happening on their team.

"But I have a question is he Kessel staying....." - Wow, that's impressive.

Hey A$$tlholeSiouxPan:

You are really a closet Gopher fan are you not?

Hey A$$tlholeSiouxPan:

You are really a closet Gopher fan are you not?

Michigan. But I get too much entertainment from reading about ya'll getting worked up about a one-move wonder, so I can't avoid this forum. The Sioux have a better facility (non-olympic sheet provides for better game action) and a better championship record; so why do you always feel the need to waste your time justifying yourself againt the Gopher team? Don't you have any lakes in that state?

Umm...third place games are meaningless. You play to win titles, not consolation games.

True, but the Conference Third place game allows a team on the bubble for NCAA's to get another win and get in, or get a higher seed. Those things do lead to Championships!

True, but the Conference Third place game allows a team on the bubble for NCAA's to get another win and get in, or get a higher seed. Those things do lead to Championships!

buckysieve,

If you were paying attention last WCHA Final Five, the talk was that the winner of the 3rd place game between Wisconsin would get the #1 seed in the midwest regional in Green Bay and the loser would be going to Grand Forks as the #1 seed there. So instead of blowing off that game, had Minnesota put a thumping on Bucky, your beloved Gophers could have made a trip east to Green Bay instead of packing their bags for Grand Forks. The games do matter, sorry to say.

Let's go back and start with 1997 and see how Minny's done in its own backyard:

1997 Final Five: North Dakota over Minnesota (St Paul Civic Center)

1999 Final Five: Denver over North Dakota (Target Center)

2000 Final Five: North Dakota over Wisconsin (Target Center)

2001 Final Five: St Cloud State over North Dakota (Xcel Energy Center)

2002 Final Five: Denver over Minnesota (Xcel Energy Center)

2003 Final Five: Minnesota over Colorado College (Xcel Energy Center)

2004 Final Five: Minnesota over North Dakota (Xcel Energy Center)

2005 Final Five: Denver over Colorado College (Xcel Energy Center)

2006 Final Five: North Dakota over St Cloud State (Xcel Energy Center)

Minnesota 2-2 in title games in Mpls/St Paul since 1997. UND is 3-3.

I don't think that people have an unreasonable expectation of the Gophers and how they do in their own neighborhood, sagard. If the Sioux played 9 years of Final Fives in East Grand Forks or Hillsboro, I'm guessing 4 title game appearances in 9 years and a 2-2 record in those games would be considered a bit of a disappointment.

As an FYI, the 1998 Final Five was held at the Great Dane and North Dakota was defeated by Wisconsin, 2-1.

Try the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. No Final Five has ever been held at Dane County Coliseum.

Try the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. No Final Five has ever been held at Dane County Coliseum.

I stand corrected. I was thinking ahead to the 1998 western regional, which was held at The Great Dane. My original post has been edited.

There is just so much Gopher hockey talk on this board.......... :angry:

That's only because hate speak has not been outlawed here ;) I sure don't see many posts that show a lot of love for the furry useless little critters. That said, I do enjoy hating them.

buckysieve,

If you were paying attention last WCHA Final Five, the talk was that the winner of the 3rd place game between Wisconsin would get the #1 seed in the midwest regional in Green Bay and the loser would be going to Grand Forks as the #1 seed there. So instead of blowing off that game, had Minnesota put a thumping on Bucky, your beloved Gophers could have made a trip east to Green Bay instead of packing their bags for Grand Forks. The games do matter, sorry to say.

That's completely false. The Gophers were going to Grand Forks regardless of the outcome of that game. I know this for a fact and so did Lucia.

We sure have snagged a bunch of gophers on this site. I can get annoyed quickly on GPL with the volume of anti-Sioux sentiment, but, since it's expected, I ignore it and leave.

Somehow, it seems that being born in the self proclaimed state of hockey gives those that are gopher fans some sort of innate ability to assume they know more than anyone anywhere else in the world when it comes to hockey.

Here's a clue, no matter how many gopher posters want to set us straight here, it isn't going to do anymore good than a Sioux fan yapping away on GPL.

And noone can po the goph fans more than Canadian Sioux fans. :angry:

The one move was plenty to score most of those points against Alaska. As for the ROY, it was won on pure hype, as two Sioux alone were better RCs

Keep telling yourself that. He was the leading scoring freshman in the NATION while playing on the third line with worse linemates than Oshie or Toews had and he did it while under the most pressure and scrutiny of any freshman to enter college probably ever. He deserved the award and that's why he won.

That's completely false. The Gophers were going to Grand Forks regardless of the outcome of that game. I know this for a fact and so did Lucia.

You're right again, buckysieve. We shouldn't have played a single game last year so we could have handed Kessel the ROY award, Potulny the Hobey Baker, and the Gophers the NCAA title. Maybe you and Don can convince the NCAA to do away with the season this year, give the awards to Minnesota right now, and save everyone some time.

Listening to you Gopher fans whine about how Kessel's linemates sucked, goaltending was horrible, etc., it's a wonder why you expected a title last season anyways. Damn...jump off the Titanic...iceberg right ahead!

Michigan. But I get too much entertainment from reading about ya'll getting worked up about a one-move wonder, so I can't avoid this forum. The Sioux have a better facility (non-olympic sheet provides for better game action) and a better championship record; so why do you always feel the need to waste your time justifying yourself againt the Gopher team? Don't you have any lakes in that state?

Have we caught Hobart. Speaking of sieves, how bout the Wolverine tenders :angry:

Keep telling yourself that. He was the leading scoring freshman in the NATION while playing on the third line with worse linemates than Oshie or Toews had and he did it while under the most pressure and scrutiny of any freshman to enter college probably ever. He deserved the award and that's why he won.

Bull$hit, he did not deserve the award, and was not the best freshman in the country last year, and I don't give a rat's a$$ how many points he scored bucky.

Bull$hit, he did not deserve the award, and was not the best freshman in the country last year, and I don't give a rat's a$$ how many points he scored bucky.

Some teams/coaches and fans do not value the all around play the Sioux coaches and fans do. One end of the ice players would simply not be able to continue to play every game for the Sioux coaches, until that player changed his play and worked both ends. No matter how may points the player may score while only playing in the offensive end. Neither Toews or Oshie had to sit out, since they came in two way players. Based on hype and points, Kessel deserved ROY. He went to the right place, he would have been sitting in GF until his game changed.