SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

Just like Gopher Hockey dominates FSN. The fans for both teams are arrogant and pompous a$$hole$ who think they are the center of their respective hockey universes. Final thing they have in common, everyone who isn't a Leafs fan hates Toronto.

Gopher fans are arrogant and pompous? Did you read post #222?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the heat has gone and made everyone nutso. Without Kessel the Gophs finish 2nd or 3rd in WCHA last year and RP doesn't get the contract he did. I think it's pretty clear he is gone and I suspect will see 50+ NHL games next season.

I think the heat has gone and made everyone nutso. Without Kessel the Gophs finish 2nd or 3rd in WCHA last year and RP doesn't get the contract he did. I think it's pretty clear he is gone and I suspect will see 50+ NHL games next season.

I don't know why, but I think I agree with you :angry: Thank god there is 1 sane gopher poster on this board.

Gopher fans are arrogant and pompous? Did you read post #222?

You just proved my point Bucky as I would expect exactly the same reaction from a Toronto Leafs fan if I were to present him with the facts regarding the success of the Montreal Canadiens organization.

sagard has always been pretty level-headed along with Greyeagle. The rest of the bunch? Well...

Some of us are a bit more willing to stir the pot, but I don't think I've ever said anything that was that outrageous or over the top. I know for a fact I've said Oshie and Toews were worthy of the award had they won the ROTY, I know I've said that no matter who UND loses they are never a program that should be counted out, I've defended Engelstad both here, at USCHO and at GPL regarding the stupid Nazir references, and I know for a fact that I've never commented on the lack of trees or plethora of orange parkas at REA. That's pretty level.

btw - I was sorry to hear about what a lousy coach that Don Lucia is - who knew?

Some of us are a bit more willing to stir the pot, but I don't think I've ever said anything that was that outrageous or over the top. I know for a fact I've said Oshie and Toews were worthy of the award had they won the ROTY, I know I've said that no matter who UND loses they are never a program that should be counted out, I've defended Engelstad both here, at USCHO and at GPL regarding the stupid Nazir references, and I know for a fact that I've never commented on the lack of trees or plethora of orange parkas at REA. That's pretty level.

I guess I haven't paid enough attention to your posts, Slap Shot.

Edited by MafiaMan

I guess I haven't paid enough attention to your posts, Slap Shot. I'll put you on the list, too.

I now feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk:

Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.

Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

:angry:

I guess I haven't paid enough attention to your posts, Slap Shot. I'll put you on the list, too.

You haven't paid attention, or he would not have made that "list". Is is funny that he would come on asking for respect, though :angry:

You haven't paid attention, or he would not have made that "list". Is is funny that he would come on asking for respect, though :angry:

Respect? I wasn't really asking for anything, just trying to add some humor - hence The Jerk reference which was intended to be self-deprecating. Apparently even that's not good enough for some people. ;);)

I now feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk:

Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.

Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

:angry:

This one would have been better for you to say:

Navin R. Johnson: Well I'm gonna to go then. And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.

[picks up an ashtray]

Navin R. Johnson: And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.

[walking outside]

Navin R. Johnson: And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

[dog barks]

Navin R. Johnson: I don't need my dog.

;);)

I love that scene. I could be Navin here as well:

Navin R. Johnson: Good things are gonna start happening to me now.

[Crazy guy with gun scrolls through a phone book]

Sniper: Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Or here:

New Accounts Bank Manager: I will need two pieces of identification.

Navin R. Johnson: Ah yes. I have my temporary driver's license - and - my astronaut application form... I didn't pass that though, I failed everything but the date of birth.

And last but not least:

Mother: Navin, it's your birthday, and it's time you knew. You're not our natural-born child.

Navin R. Johnson: I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this color?

At least my wife thinks I'm ok.

Ok, ok, back to Kessel. :angry: