SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I would see a 13 page thread about a "Golden Gopher" on a Sioux board! :angry:;)

I for one hope Kessel leaves, if he's not interested in college hockey anymore I just assume he gets out of here, I would not want to see him bring the team down.

As far as Gopher fans or Siouxfans being arrogant, I think Gopher fans and Sioux fans are pretty similar. Both fan bases are a proud bunch, both are arrogant. I have seen my fare share of bad Sioux fans when I've been up to Grand Forks but also have witnessed plenty of bad Gopher fans in my experiences walking through Mariucci and watching them interact with opposing fans. It's an argument that cannot be won by either side I believe.

I never thought I would see a 13 page thread about a "Golden Gopher" on a Sioux board! :angry:;)

I for one hope Kessel leaves, if he's not interested in college hockey anymore I just assume he gets out of here, I would not want to see him bring the team down.

As far as Gopher fans or Siouxfans being arrogant, I think Gopher fans and Sioux fans are pretty similar. Both fan bases are a proud bunch, both are arrogant. I have seen my fare share of bad Sioux fans when I've been up to Grand Forks but also have witnessed plenty of bad Gopher fans in my experiences walking through Mariucci and watching them interact with opposing fans. It's an argument that cannot be won by either side I believe.

Apparently some of your fans did get a taste of their own medicine at this years regional.

Apparently some of your fans did get a taste of their own medicine at this years regional.

Oh yeah! I never looked past Holy Cross, when it comes tournament time you can't look past ANYONE. And you could tell after the first five minutes of the game that the GOphers were not quite there. When it went to overtime I was pretty much just waiting for them to put it past Briggs.......and it didn't take long either! It was a tough game to swallow but it happened. But BOY did the beers taste good afterwards, could not walk to the bar fast enough that night!!!!!

Bull$hit, he did not deserve the award, and was not the best freshman in the country last year, and I don't give a rat's a$$ how many points he scored bucky.

Some voters seemed to disagree with you. Look out, they might hand the award to Johnson next year. :angry: Tell us who will be the Sioux freshman who is more deserving next year?

Oh yeah! I never looked past Holy Cross, when it comes tournament time you can't look past ANYONE. And you could tell after the first five minutes of the game that the GOphers were not quite there. When it went to overtime I was pretty much just waiting for them to put it past Briggs.......and it didn't take long either! It was a tough game to swallow but it happened. But BOY did the beers taste good afterwards, could not walk to the bar fast enough that night!!!!!

I bet you could even taste the tears in your beer that night. The Goofs truly looked past Holy Cross and paid for it.

Some voters seemed to disagree with you. Look out, they might hand the award to Johnson next year. :angry: Tell us who will be the Sioux freshman who is more deserving next year?

Johnson probably will win the ROY, he is probably head and shoulders above the rest of the frosh entering the WCHA. I don't think the Sioux will have a ROY candidate this year. Someone would have to come out of the woodwork. I don't think you will see huge numbers from this year's freshman class. If the incoming forwards can reach 10 goals that would be a good frosh season. Look at Wheeler his frosh year. For being so highly drafted he did not exactly set the world on fire.

The voters were wrong this time around. Kessell is good but he did not deserve to win that award. I am not saying Johnson or anyone else is going to win it this year. We have to wait and see what the season brings. But let me guess you also think Carle should not have won the Hobey Baker, and he so should have.

Sorry, we don't make claims about our rookies until they actually step on the ice and prove themselves. Unlike some other team's fans.

;)

Sorry, we don't make claims about our rookies until they actually step on the ice and prove themselves. Unlike some other team's fans.

;)

Sioux fans don't hype up recruits? Must be hitting the sauce early today in Grand Forks...

Every team's fan base hypes up recruits/freshmen. That's what summer is for.

Z. Parise 1-0 vs Holy Cross > P. Kessel 0-1 vs Holy Cross ;)
Thanks for pointing out the fact that Zach Parise's ONLY NCAA victory in his entire career came against Holy Cross. Helluva post season career he had at UND... no Broadmoor, no Frozen Fours. Oh, but he was able to lead the Sioux all the way to a regional final in '04. :angry:

Oh settle down! It's the off-season, gotta have some fun, don't we?! ;)

I just thought it was a funny comparison. Actually I did run into Roberg last November in Duluth, and he's doing VERY well for himself!

What's Roberg up to? Sellin cars?? Does he still lace up the skates at all??

I never thought I would see a 13 page thread about a "Golden Gopher" on a Sioux board! ;);)

Yeah, who's the clown that started this thread, anyway? I can't believe it is still going, either. And why are fans of the Gophers surprised that there are Sioux fans, on a Sioux message board no less, that defend all things Sioux? Please stay tuned as answers to these questions, and more, are coming up on the NEXT edition of FOX News at 9! :angry:

Yeah, who's the clown that started this thread, anyway? I can't believe it is still going, either. And why are fans of the Gophers surprised that there are Sioux fans, on a Sioux message board no less, that defend all things Sioux? Please stay tuned as answers to these questions, and more, are coming up on the NEXT edition of FOX News at 9! :angry:

Ahhhhh....the offseason!!

Thanks for pointing out the fact that Zach Parise's ONLY NCAA victory in his entire career came against Holy Cross. Helluva post season career he had at UND... no Broadmoor, no Frozen Fours. Oh, but he was able to lead the Sioux all the way to a regional final in '04. :angry:

Wait a second, bucky, I didn't think the Broadmoor was all that important? I guess it's only important if you win your semi-final game at the X. If you lose, you just say that the tournament didn't matter anyways and tank the third-place game, right? Stop straddling the fence and pick a side, would you? You scoff at the Final Five, now you use the lack of a Broadmoor Trophy to rip on Parise? Cmon...you can do better than that!

Wait a second, bucky, I didn't think the Broadmoor was all that important? I guess it's only important if you win your semi-final game at the X. If you lose, you just say that the tournament didn't matter anyways and tank the third-place game, right? Stop straddling the fence and pick a side, would you? You scoff at the Final Five, now you use the lack of a Broadmoor Trophy to rip on Parise? Cmon...you can do better than that!

Mafiaman, never give a poor Gopher the "You can do better than that" challenge. You know how easily they fold under pressure. It is far less cruel to just let him go through life believing that any game his team loses was meaningless.