SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

Keep telling yourself that. He was the leading scoring freshman in the NATION while playing on the third line with worse linemates than Oshie or Toews had and he did it while under the most pressure and scrutiny of any freshman to enter college probably ever. He deserved the award and that's why he won.

If he deserved rookie of the year, why did Toews' stock rise and Kessels drop for the NHL draft? All you gooph fans need to get with it. I may be in the minority of Sioux fans when I say this, but I want to see Kessel back, so I can see the goofs fall straight on their a$$es again!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one move was plenty to score most of those points against Alaska. As for the ROY, it was won on pure hype, as two Sioux alone were better RCs

Keep telling yourself that. He was the leading scoring freshman in the NATION while playing on the third line with worse linemates than Oshie or Toews had and he did it while under the most pressure and scrutiny of any freshman to enter college probably ever. He deserved the award and that's why he won.

Holy Cow, take a chill, there is another point a view out there that Oshie was stiffed on the award and is a more complete player than Kessel.

You forget to mention worse team. :angry:

Holy Cow, take a chill, there is another point a view out there that Oshie was stiffed on the award and is a more complete player than Kessel.

OK, you guys are right. Kessel and Vanek were all hyped up one way players who didn't deserve ROY while Oshie and Parise are hard working, two- way players who got screwed by not winning the award. Happy now?

Do you have any idea how petty you people sound?

Phil's 2005-2006 statistics: 18 goals, 33 assists. 5 of those 18 goals (28% of his season total) and 11 of those 33 assists (a whopping 33%of his season total!) came in the six games against UAA, the last-place team in the conference. In fact, 12% of Phil's assists on the year came in ONE GAME against the Seawolves, a 9-0 thrashing.

I'm not saying Phil didn't deserve the award, but if you're going to point out the simple statistic of "leading the nation in freshman scoring," rebuttals come quite easy.

Care to bring up the Hobey "snub" given Ryan Potulny too?

If he deserved rookie of the year, why did Toews' stock rise and Kessels drop for the NHL draft? All you gooph fans need to get with it. I may be in the minority of Sioux fans when I say this, but I want to see Kessel back, so I can see the goofs fall straight on their a$$es again!

I have posed this same question about phil's drop in NHL rankings several times to both bucky and slappy, and have yet to receive an answer. The only reason they don't answer the question is because then they would have to admit the truth about phil. The cat's out of the bag boys, all you have to do is read any of the articles referenced right here on this web sight to know the truth about USA Hockey's "golden turd".

OK, you guys are right. Kessel and Vanek were all hyped up one way players who didn't deserve ROY while Oshie and Parise are hard working, two- way players who got screwed by not winning the award. Happy now?

No because you forgot "and Briggs is a sieve".

If he deserved rookie of the year, why did Toews' stock rise and Kessels drop for the NHL draft?

With all due respect, I don't know if being selected as rookie of the year has anything to do with draft selection number.

As for the ROY, it was won on pure hype, as two Sioux alone were better RCs

Yeah, it was quite controversial with Kessel winning both the INCH and the WCHA race...and the nod from any and every other notable outlet in the country. However, I did hear Toews and Oshie tied for first in the Grand Forks Herald poll....of course....no other players recieved a vote...

O.K......flame away :angry:

Yeah, it was quite controversial with Kessel winning both the INCH and the WCHA race...and the nod from any and every other notable outlet in the country. However, I did hear Toews and Oshie tied for first in the Grand Forks Herald poll....of course....no other players recieved a vote...

O.K......flame away :angry:

INCH is a step away from National Enquirer status..........

INCH is a step away from National Enquirer status..........

That is the danger of everyone buying into the hype before the season even started. Nobody wanted to be the only one who would eat crow and declare Oshie the real winner. Go back to posts from a year ago and I told you Goofies that Toews was a better player than Kessel. The pleasant surprise is that Ohsie was even better than both of them. Reality must really suck when you are a Gopher fan.

Who's moderating this board anyway? I clicked on this post to try to figure out who was better (Toews or Oshie or Kessel), but the discussion has rapidly gone astray.......have some control on your posters.

Did someone run over your dog recently? I don't think I've read a single post of yours that has a positive comment to say about anything since you've joined.

Did someone run over your dog recently? I don't think I've read a single post of yours that has a positive comment to say about anything since you've joined.

No, dog is fine. Actually, I started a great topic today (Johnson vs. Toews) to help us move past negative discussion of a one-move wonder that will be with the Bruin's AHL team next year, however the moderater deleted it.

I do not have a problem with goof fans starting their own thread, but coming on here to try and stir the pot is a completely different thing. Coming after my opinions is fine too, Goof fans are just jealous of us. Period. They got nothing on the past college hockey program in the country. UND is just better and they hate us for it.

That sounds about right.

Judging only from HNIC, I'd guess you're in the minority up there if you are not a Maple Leafs fan ;)

Just like Gopher Hockey dominates FSN. The fans for both teams are arrogant and pompous a$$hole$ who think they are the center of their respective hockey universes. Final thing they have in common, everyone who isn't a Leafs fan hates Toronto.