SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel returning to the "U"?

buckysieve

This post is priceless. For years Sioux fans do nothing but talk about what a horrible coach Doug Woog was, but now apparently they want to hate Lucia so much that Woog is receiving the credit for assembling the two NCAA title teams won under Lucia. Quite a turnaround. Who would have thought Sioux fans thought so highly of the Wooger?

I knew I could count on good old Bucky to do the most frothing. Your posts suggest that when you read the threads you obviously only soak in or respond to what hits a nerve. This is a perfect example of another incomplete and twisted response once again. One thing we can at least agree on is that the current Gophers are entirely the Don's team. Obviously, despite their recent behaviour and lack of character you will continue to defend them like a Rottweiller until hell freezes over. Therefore, why do you continure to pain yourself and us by frequenting Siouxsports.com.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew I could count on good old Bucky to do the most frothing. Your posts suggest that when you read the threads you obviously only soak in or respond to what hits a nerve. This is a perfect example of another incomplete and twisted response once again. One thing we can at least agree on is that the current Gophers are entirely the Don's team. Obviously, despite their recent behaviour and lack of character you will continue to defend them like a Rottweiller until hell freezes over. Therefore, why do you continure to pain yourself and us by frequenting Siouxsports.com.

Aren't questions usually followed by a question mark? It doesn't pain me to frequent Siouxsports.com, but now that I know it pains you I'm never gonna leave. ???

Just stop your delusional thoughts about the Gopher Hockey program being in a free fall and I won't have to respond anymore.

Aren't questions usually followed by a question mark? It doesn't pain me to frequent Siouxsports.com, but now that I know it pains you I'm never gonna leave. ???

Just stop your delusional thoughts about the Gopher Hockey program being in a free fall and I won't have to respond anymore.

Get it straight Bucky, delusional is the sugar-coated fluff that gets posted on GPL for the narrow-minded and ignorant. If you must keep coming back we will gladly give your daily dose of reality.

The Sid has another prognostication.

Apparently the only reason that Phil Kessel will return to play with the Gophers is if the Bruins won't pay him the maximum for a NHL rookie, or a guarantee of $850,000, for three years.

Here is the link: http://www.startribune.com/507/story/568884.html

And no, he doesn't cite a source so consider it rumor, propaganda, wild speculation .......

And no, he doesn't cite a source so consider it rumor, propaganda, wild speculation .......

Don Meehan probably realized by now that he could have another Daigle on his hands so I don't blame him for trying to get what he can for "spoiled" goods.

"He's in a good program, one that challenges for the national championship every year." a quote from Sid Hartman's column on Kessell. I did not watch them in Milwaukee last year. So sorry but I did not see them Challenge for a National Title last year. the Bruins get it wrong again. Poor Phil might get all the money that he thinks he deserves. What a prima donna. But typical from what I would expect from a Goof!

You really know that the poor old trolls have nothing better to do with their time when they have to hang around Sioux.com 365 days of the year. They can deny it all they want but they truly our obsessed with our team

I could not have been the only person to notice this...the sioux fans are the one's that are obsessed with gophers. this is a post about gophers for 17 pages so far!! it's rediculous. i come here to find new things about the SIOUX program, and all i can find is new things under the kessel post from gopher-addicted sioux fans.... i wonder if either the betty ford clinic or hazelton has an opening for this?

I could not have been the only person to notice this...the sioux fans are the one's that are obsessed with gophers. this is a post about gophers for 17 pages so far!! it's rediculous. i come here to find new things about the SIOUX program, and all i can find is new things under the kessel post from gopher-addicted sioux fans.... i wonder if either the betty ford clinic or hazelton has an opening for this?

You forgot to add that this thread was initiated by a troll. If they want to come and spin their yarn here then they deserve the appropriate and correct rebuttal. Perhaps the best solution would be to create a seperate Troll forum on Siouxsports.com. This is the only hockey website I have joined and I for one promise that I would stick to the Sioux Hockey forum.

Why did you read a thread about the one move anyway?

This post is priceless. For years Sioux fans do nothing but talk about what a horrible coach Doug Woog was, but now apparently they want to hate Lucia so much that Woog is receiving the credit for assembling the two NCAA title teams won under Lucia. Quite a turnaround. Who would have thought Sioux fans thought so highly of the Wooger?

Solid point. Either Wooger was a better recruiter than Blais or Lucia is a better coach than Hak since he hasn't been able to win with Blais' recruits.

Box.

Solid point. Either Wooger was a better recruiter than Blais or Lucia is a better coach than Hak since he hasn't been able to win with Blais' recruits.

Box.

Slappy now that it is solely the Don's team, if he is as a great a coach as you and Bucky preach how could his talent laden team deflate so badly at the most important time of the year.

Slappy now that it is solely the Don's team, if he is as a great a coach as you and Bucky preach how could his talent laden team deflate so badly at the most important time of the year.

You mean like the '03 Sioux team? That team collapsed in the second half of the season. They barely made it to the Final Five and then they took the earliest exit possible losing the play-in game. Then they completely mailed it in showing no heart against Ferris State and were one and done. And it happened under the watch of Dean Blais, a great coach. It happens to all great programs at one time or another. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the program.

You mean like the '03 Sioux team? That team collapsed in the second half of the season. They barely made it to the Final Five and then they took the earliest exit possible losing the play-in game. Then they completely mailed it in showing no heart against Ferris State and were one and done. And it happened under the watch of Dean Blais, a great coach. It happens to all great programs at one time or another. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the program.

I am beginning to think that Slappy and Bucky are one and the same person only with dual personalities given that one seems to answer the others question. You have the one personality Slappy who claims that he can ignore everything that a knowledgable Sioux fan posts and then you have clueless Bucky who has to quickly respond to anything that points out the flaws of his beloved Gophers. If you want to say that the 03 Sioux team had as talented and experienced a lineup as the 05/06 Gophers then I guess we should all say thanks Bucky. But we didn't have a number one seed, the expections and, oh yeah ???, didn't lose to a 16th seed team laden with zero NHL draft picks.

I am beginning to think that Slappy and Bucky are one and the same person only with dual personalities given that one seems to answer the others question. You have the one personality Slappy who claims that he can ignore everything that a knowledgable Sioux fan posts and then you have clueless Bucky who has to quickly respond to anything that points out the flaws of his beloved Gophers. If you want to say that the 03 Sioux team had as talented and experienced a lineup as the 05/06 Gophers then I guess we should all say thanks Bucky. But we didn't have a number one seed, the expections and, oh yeah ???, didn't lose to a 16th seed team laden with zero NHL draft picks.

I'm not saying they were as talented but they were ranked #1 in the nation in January. They fell apart for the second half and I've heard some Sioux fans over the years say that that was their least favorite Sioux team because of their collapse.

Donny's coaching ability sure was evident down the stretch last year.

Thanks for the update....read the thread that's been mentioned several times......Oh and what is with that signature? If I was Finely I don't think I want to be remembered for characterizing my teamates as "humble and hard",........hummmmm........talk about a potential locker room cancer.....lol. J/K now, don't get your dander up

Thanks for the update....read the thread that's been mentioned several times......Oh and what is with that signature? If I was Finely I don't think I want to be remembered for characterizing my teamates as "humble and hard",........hummmmm........talk about a potential locker room cancer.....lol. J/K now, don't get your dander up

Just a reminder - not an update - but thanks anyway

I guess they "dominated" Maine and Cornell about as well as you can dominate a 1-0 OT win and a 2-1 OT win, respectively.

The Gophers were by far the better team in both those games, shots on goal weren't even close. The two best goalies in the nation, McKee and Howard were the only reasons those games were close.

The Gophers were by far the better team in both those games, shots on goal weren't even close. The two best goalies in the nation, McKee and Howard were the only reasons those games were close.

And if the games were not at Mariucci, the Gophers would not have made it out of that regional. It was more of having home ice and that compensated for their poor play at the Final Five the week before and at the Frozen Four two weeks later. Home ice was just enough to get them over the hump that weekend. It wasn't as much that they dominated play with heart and determination and grit.....again, home ice was probably the biggest factor.

Had the Gophers had home ice against Holy Cross, I guarantee they would have won. The Gophers were plagued by the same problems at the end of both years. Their heart and determination were not there. So is this a one-year thing? No, I actually think it's been a problem for two years now at the end of each season. Just that the first year playing at Mariucci kind of hid the more underlying factors affecting the team.

So if it's a two-year problem, does that have more to say about the players, the coaches, or a combination of both? Both third place games we were told were meaningless and the team's play the following weeks reflected the attitude of the coach and had it not been for home ice, there would have been two years of losses following a meaningless, unprepared third place game.