SiouxSports.com Forum

News on Toews

PCM

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good news if true!

Having both Oshie and Toews back will be huge. If they both return, the Sioux will have two of the best forwards in the nation.

Probably the two best in the nation. I predict one of those two will win the Hobey. When Kessel signs the Gophers won't have a single forward on the same level of those two.

Probably the two best in the nation. I predict one of those two will win the Hobey. When Kessel signs the Gophers won't have a single forward on the same level of those two.

Mn has quality prospects coming in so they'll be sufficiently reloaded even if PK signs. Okposo poses the skills to have a similar freshman year to Oshie, Toews, or Kessel. I still think they'll be the front-runner and team to beat at the start of the season.

Mn has quality prospects coming in so they'll be sufficiently reloaded even if PK signs. Okposo poses the skills to have a similar freshman year to Oshie, Toews, or Kessel. I still think they'll be the front-runner and team to beat at the start of the season.

Hopefully Okposo will have a season more similar to the one Wheeler had as a freshman. Although I do think in reality he will be much better than Wheeler as a freshman. Especially as well as he played in the USHL.

Okposo is a recruit I will admit to being jealous about. Just from what you read about his game he sounds like a stud. His stock seemed to rise at a rapid clip this past year.

He sounds a lot like Oshie. A tireless worker who is physical, strong with the puck with great offensive skills.

Hopefully Okposo will have a season more similar to the one Wheeler had as a freshman. Although I do think in reality he will be much better than Wheeler as a freshman. Especially as well as he played in the USHL.

Agreed. Crossing my fingers that Wheeler remains a bust this year. Nice first rounder Wayne.... ???

Okposo is a recruit I will admit to being jealous about. Just from what you read about his game he sounds like a stud. His stock seemed to rise at a rapid clip this past year.

Okposo will be the WCHA rookie of the year.

I saw him play a couple of times with Shattuck. I thought he was the best player on the ice during the couple of games I saw. That team included Toews.

I agree, per this link Ogopogo is a real MONSTER. But when did the Gophers start going into British Columbia to recruit.

http://www.vtours.com/kelowna/ogopogo.htm

Okposo will be the WCHA rookie of the year.

I saw him play a couple of times with Shattuck. I thought he was the best player on the ice during the couple of games I saw. That team included Toews.

I think Okposo's rookie year will be comparable to either Oshie (which will get Kyle the rookie of the year) or Cogliano (which will open all sorts of threads on how overrated he is) of UMich.

If he has a rookie season like Wheeler, then we can start talking about potential busts. ???

I was at the championship USHL game 7 where Okposo was by far the best player on the ice. He is the real deal and will be a thorn in the Sioux's side for a year or so.

I think it is a testament to the quality of the WCHA in getting the very best talent and being the best conference in the country.

I was at the championship USHL game 7 where Okposo was by far the best player on the ice. He is the real deal and will be a thorn in the Sioux's side for a year or so.

I think it is a testament to the quality of the WCHA in getting the very best talent and being the best conference in the country.

yeah, but with another year under his belt now...he is going to be a real tree in their side(i couldnt think of anything but tree ??? ) ??? edit: sorry i forgot to add finley...jeez