SiouxSports.com Forum

News on Toews

PCM

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy the fact that many posters on other WCHA forums go into long sappy dialogues on how they can't stand to see college players leaving early for the NHL, but as soon as they see someone from a rival team (ie: see Gophers cheering on Skille likely leaving) leaves, there is more joy than sorrow. This happens much much less on siouxsports, fortunately.

Which is it college hockey fans? Do you want to see good hockey, or do you really just want to see other teams good players leave so that your team has a better chance of winning? Don't you want to beat the best?

I can't wait until next April, when we can hear all the WCHA whiners out there typing til their fingers are bloody about how much better they would have done had certain players not signed early. Make sure to use lots of exclamation points and smilies gents.

Go home hypocrites.

No word on Toews returning to Chicago but according to the Black Hawks website Skille is still in town (negotiations?) and will be online for questions tomorrow (formal introduction?). With Pavelski already signed, this week could be a double whammy for Bucky.

Do you want to see good hockey,

Of course I do. If I didn't, I'd watch the squirt games instead. Helluvalot cheaper tickets.

or do you really just want to see other teams good players leave so that your team has a better chance of winning?
Duh... I hope this question is rhetorical. :D

Don't you want to beat the best?

I want #8... and if we get it by beating the gophers or BC or Umass or AA, I don't give a crap.

The point was, "don't take everything so seriously". :lol: But hey, if you really feel the need to continue trying to "one-up" me let me know and I'll bolt. :0

And take all of your other Gopher trolls with you! :D

The point was, "don't take everything so seriously". :0

Crimminy, even Badger fans at USCHO think this is much ado about nothing but the fixation here for Kessel keeps on ticking. :D
Was there something about this statement that was supposed to tickle my funny bone? I mean, really, where's the punch line? What's the gag? You could have put the maximum allowable number of "LOL" emoticons on that post and I still wouldn't have seen the humor in it. Maybe you should leave the humor writing to Dave Barry.

But hey, if you really feel the need to continue trying to "one-up" me let me know and I'll bolt. :huh:

One-upping you? Now that's funny! :lol:

I have no interest in one-upping you because there's no challenge in it. The only challenging aspect of your posts is trying to figure out what in the heck they really mean. Perhaps some day there will be a Babel Fish translator for Slap Shot-speak because you are certainly one of the most misinterpreted, misunderstood people on the Internet.

Was there something about this statement that was supposed to tickle my funny bone?

Was there something in that statement that was supposed to set you off? Whether or not you find me humorous isn't the point (my kids think I'm a riot btw :0) - I didn't think I said anything that was so worhty of your umbrage. I just hope I never ever spill milk in your presence. :D:lol:

From today's Grand Forks Herald:

UND MEN'S HOCKEY: Still thinkingToews mulls NHL decision

Toews said if he thinks he can be an impact player with Chicago, he will sign. But Toews said he would rather return to UND for his sophomore season than play with Chicago's American Hockey League affiliate, Norfolk.

"They'll give me an idea (of where he might play), but they're not going to promise me anything," said Toews, who scored 22 goals and added 17 assists in 42 games as a 17-year-old freshman. "It's tough. Who doesn't want to play in the NHL? But it would be hard to leave North Dakota, too."

Toews said he will consult his family, his advisor and Blackhawk players Brent Seabrook and Duncan Keith during the coming weeks. Toews played with Seabrook on the 2006 gold-medal winning Team Canada and Keith is a Winnipeg native, like Toews.