SiouxSports.com Forum

News on Toews

PCM

Hopefully the contract stipulates he's going to their minor league team first. Jonathan has said if he's not going to play in the NHL he's coming back to UND. He has to come back, his is the only signature I don't have on my jersey! ;)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my guess is that if toews has been waiting to reply this long that he will stay. plus UND doesnt have a forward that could take his place as far as i know...because of trupp's injury. without toews the forward lineup would be one too shallow as far as i know. i just feel that he has probably told the coaches what he is "actually" is planning on. if that is the case then if he was leaving i think they would have picked up another recruit, but i dont know.

Done deal that he signs or that he is coming back? He better come back.

I thought it was done that he was coming back. At this point it might simply be a formality, but if his mind is made up as posed here earlier you'd think he'd have already said as much.

On another note, I'm listening to the team Canada junior evaluation game. Team White(Toews' team) is up 2-1 over team red. Toews just had an assist. They just said "I wouldn't be surprised to see this young man from North Dakota wearing the C when this team travels to Sweden". What a compliment.

Edit: Toews just scored to make it 3-1. Stopped on the first shot, but buried the rebound. "That is the makings of a pure goalscorer, he didn't just skate by after the first shot, he stopped and buried the rebound".

you'd think he'd have already said as much.

Toews has a contract offer with no assurance of playing with the Blackhawks this season. He's said he'd rather play college than in the AHL. It's been previously reported that he would talk to his parents, and some former Canadian team teammates, especially Brent Seabrook, who played 69 games with the Hawks last season. If he's convinced his chances are good to make the Hawk team this fall out of camp, he'll sign. If not, he'll be back.

He may have already made his decision and informed the Sioux coaches. Whether he has or not, I doubt he's considering what you think he should do.

On another note, I'm listening to the team Canada junior evaluation game. Team White(Toews' team) is up 2-1 over team red. Toews just had an assist. They just said "I wouldn't be surprised to see this young man from North Dakota wearing the C when this team travels to Sweden". What a compliment.

Edit: Toews just scored to make it 3-1. Stopped on the first shot, but buried the rebound. "That is the makings of a pure goalscorer, he didn't just skate by after the first shot, he stopped and buried the rebound".

By signing with the Black Hawks he would also jeopardize any chance he has at wearing that "C" He will be back, he'll lead Canada to another Gold, the Sioux will hang #8 and then he will bolt. ;)

Toews has a contract offer with no assurance of playing with the Blackhawks this season. He's said he'd rather play college than in the AHL. It's been previously reported that he would talk to his parents, and some former Canadian team teammates, especially Brent Seabrook, who played 69 games with the Hawks last season. If he's convinced his chances are good to make the Hawk team this fall out of camp, he'll sign. If not, he'll be back.

You might be right that he has decided abd I hope he does return because it's good for the game. I simply tossed out the possibility that he's not fully made up his mind because imho it's logical he'd have said so had he crossed that line. Either way the fact is that his being human, being young and this being an extremely important situation to mull over I don't fault him for taking his time to make sure he gets it right for himself. Unfortunately, you couldn't find it possible to remain informative as you did with the above paragraph and had to go with the obligatory childish shot:

He may have already made his decision and informed the Sioux coaches. Whether he has or not, I doubt he's considering what you think he should do.

As I said - imho he hasn't fully decided to stay. Not sure why how that's such a negative or disparaging thought but if chasing bogeymen helps you to sleep at night... ;)

I knew we couldn't go through one night without another @#$& post from one of our favorite Skippies. I'll bet poor old Slappy used to wet the bed after watching the Hrkac Circus dissect his poor little Rodents. He probably fears that he is in for the same this season if Toews stays. Some friendly advice Slappy, stock up on Depends now.

my guess is that if toews has been waiting to reply this long that he will stay. plus UND doesnt have a forward that could take his place as far as i know...because of trupp's injury. without toews the forward lineup would be one too shallow as far as i know. i just feel that he has probably told the coaches what he is "actually" is planning on. if that is the case then if he was leaving i think they would have picked up another recruit, but i dont know.

I fished with one of Trupp's HS coaches in AK last week and he told me he's playing in an elite summer league in Anchorage (with the likes of Matt Carle). Evidently he needs alot of weight training before he'll be able to handle the WCHA. He didn't expect him to come in this year even if Toews signs.

I think he are going to lose Toews. I hate to say it, but it might be a long season for the boys in green and white.

Going in with a goalie who has very little experience, losing all of the scoring that they have, along the hits on the blueline...........OUCH !! They are going to need some ffrashmen to step up BIG time.........and some others to step up.......could be a tough start (at least) to the season.

Going in with a goalie who has very little experience, losing all of the scoring that they have, along the hits on the blueline...........OUCH !! They are going to need some ffrashmen to step up BIG time.........and some others to step up.......could be a tough start (at least) to the season.

And going into the season with a sieve in nets and without any out of state boys to do all your scoring and lead your team could make for a long UMTC season too.

And going into the season with a sieve in nets and without any out of state boys to do all your scoring and lead your team could make for a long UMTC season too.

I suspect both UND and the Gophs will be fine with or without Kessel or Toews. UW is my pick to win the league, but I'm sure either UND and/or the Gophs will be pressing them the whole way.

Opinion out of Chicago is that there is no longer enough CAP room to sign Toews anyway. He is coming back.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

With about $6 million left in cap space and Tuomo Ruutu still unsigned, the Blackhawks may allow first-round draft pick Jonathan Toews to return to the University of North Dakota this season rather than sign him. - Chicago Tribune

Sounds good, but I will wait until I see him in a Sioux jersey.

I suspect both UND and the Gophs will be fine with or without Kessel or Toews. UW is my pick to win the league, but I'm sure either UND and/or the Gophs will be pressing them the whole way.

I agree, I was merely providing the appropriate response to a narrow minded post.

How does a team as terrible as the Blackhawks run out of cap space? Amazing..

Combined Havlat and Khabibulin eat up $13M and there have been some buyouts that count and there are several big names to still sign sucha s Ruutu and Daze. Even the terrible get paid.

Complete story from Chicago Trib

Arbitrator awards Calder $2.95 million

Published July 28, 2006

An arbitrator awarded Blackhawks left wing Kyle Calder a one-year contract worth $2.95 million Thursday.
The salary cap for this season in the National Hockey League is $44 million.

With about $6 million left in cap space and Ruutu still unsigned, the Hawks may allow first-round draft pick Jonathan Toews to return to the University of North Dakota this season rather than sign him.

The final game of the Canadian Selection Camp went to a shoot-out with Toew's White Team prevailing once again, score 3-2. Although Toews didn't factor into the two regulation goals he was one of the five shooters for his team and of course he buried it.