SiouxSports.com Forum

Super Chexx Dome Hockey

ATLSiouxPhan

I am getting a Super Chexx Dome Hockey and am planning to have the Sioux as one team and either the Badgers, the Gophers, or Michigan as the other team. Which names should I put on the six players for each team? (Also, what color/style of jerseys for each team?)

Wow, a non-flamatory post... I like it.

If you picked the Badgers, I would recommend the 1982 starting lineups for both teams, as they met for the championship. If you used the Michigan, I would just do an all-star game. Can you get the funny helmets for Michigan?

I need to find a vendor, but I heard it can be done (although maybe not at the detail I am looking/hoping for)

The Sioux Shop in the Ralph sells the Chexx machines, custom painted with the Sioux/Gopher players and the Sioux logo at center ice. Not sure on the cost, but I definitely want one someday...

I've researched prices online...these things run about $1800 a piece, and that is a low number. Anyone have one in the North Dakota area they are looking to get rid of, even if it needs some work...please let me know!

Where did you get those prices? The best I've found is around $2500 for new ones. Some used ones come up on ebay once-in-awhile. I was going with the custom players too. Not sure if Gophers/Sioux or Gophers/Badgers. Helps my bro is gifted with the paint brush. Will be nice addition for the home bar. :lol:

• 12 years later...
On 4/12/2006 at 11:25 AM, ATLSiouxPhan said:

I am getting a Super Chexx Dome Hockey and am planning to have the Sioux as one team and either the Badgers, the Gophers, or Michigan as the other team. Which names should I put on the six players for each team? (Also, what color/style of jerseys for each team?)

Hextal, Pirpich, Eades, Commodore, Blood, Belfore.

Wheeler, G Potulny, Rau, McBain, Ballard, Turco.

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2019 at 2:05 PM, Sundog said:

Well, the first four NCAA themed games have been released.

https://www.bringhomethedome.com/product/15/collegiate-edition-super-chexx-pro

Can't say I'm seeing the extra $1,000 to $1,600 in value added to these games.

The extra charge is due to the fact that 3-4 times per game, a Minnesota-uniformed player will collapse on the ice and clutch his face for 45 seconds, at which point Super Chexx will remove an opposing player and banish him from the game.  The “injured” Gopher player will be reinstalled just in time for the start of the ensuing 5:00 power play.

• Upvote 2

On 5/13/2019 at 7:13 AM, Tbone said:

It would appear that everybody that could crowd around to watch you play would mimic the actual real game attendance (provided it was a small room). So they got that right.

The B1G tournament playoff atmosphere feel! 

Talk about a thread that has seen a few years off...

So I agree that these machines are quite expensive.  I went through Super Chexx last summer and did one for myself after several years of wanting to get one.  I learned a couple of things in the process.  One was if you're a Wild fan and you don't like that red jerseys - it will cost you a fair bit to get them custom painted to green or white.  Two was that they wouldn't put any licensed decals on it as far as beer logos and such were concerned.  I went with the logos of the all NHL teams on each side and it looks decent enough.

In the end I went with two teams I wish were still playing in the cities where I watched them play as a youngster.

SC.jpeg