SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

Watching the basketball shows on TV I see where the Bison womens team didn't win any road games this year and won't reach double figures in wins. The Bison men only won 2 road games this year. Amy was crying on her TV show tonight. I guess I don't blame her.
With as young as the Bison men's team is, they far exceeded any reasonable expectations. Can't imagine the Bison women getting back on track for a number of years, though. In recruiting, their facilities are a black mark against them, girls BB'ers don't care as much about the DI label, they have no real conference title to work for, the travel is horrendous, and now, they can't tout a winning program. And this was going to be a flagship program for NDSU? But cheer up Amy, at least you're not in charge of the Bison volleyball program!

Believe me there are lots of pros and cons with going DI. Besides the financial commitments needed to go DI there is also the possibility that a lot of your sports programs might take a real dive (NDSU is finding out about that this year).
Will Lynn Dorn and company even be capable of fielding a volleyball team next year? That program is in major turmoil.

I hope UND does what is right for UND and doesn't make the move because other people have. Let's all get out there and fill the Betty these next 2 weekends. Go Sioux. Hopefully the hockey boys sweep Tech this weekend.
Let's just enjoy the next month!!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me there are lots of pros and cons with going DI. Besides the financial commitments needed to go DI there is also the possibility that a lot of your sports programs might take a real dive (NDSU is finding out about that this year).
Will Lynn Dorn and company even be capable of fielding a volleyball team next year? That program is in major turmoil.

The UND volleyball program is a real player in dii - right? 2004 no ncc wins? Wow what a winner of a program? When you move up well see how things go the first couple of years. :silly:

Can someone explain why the Men's box score has attendance listed at 3192 for saturday and the women's listed at 3099 a new Betty record. We all know that there were more there to watch the women and only a fraction of all remaining by half of the men's game, so how does it work that the number is bigger for the men's game.

Great 1st season for the ladies, now it's time to play for what all NDSU has not to play for.

Can someone explain why the Men's box score has attendance listed at 3192 for saturday and the women's listed at 3099 a new Betty record. We all know that there were more there to watch the women and only a fraction of all remaining by half of the men's game, so how does it work that the number is bigger for the men's game.

Great 1st season for the ladies, now it's time to play for what all NDSU has not to play for.

Go to the "thoughts on the Betty" thread for an explanation.

My assumption is that people who buy tickets to the women's game are "supposed" to stay for the men's game. So the men's attendance is the women's attendance PLUS anybody else that shows up and buys a ticket for the men's game at 8. They don't have any way of tracking the near 1000 that leave between games, and another near 1000 that leave at halftime of the men's game.

(Those number's just just random guesses, but they couldn't be too far off).

I'm assuming that Quigley is going to be named NCC mvp, but I really think that honor should go to Kristi Boese. Yes, Quigley has the bigger point and rebound numbers, but Boese is ranked in the top 6 in the league in points, rebounds AND assists, and she is a far superior defensive player than is Quigley. Of course, the team accomplishments are far more important than are individual honors, but I really feel that Boese deserves the honor of being named conference mvp. Even if she doesn't get it, she's clearly the most COMPLETE player in the league.

I'm assuming that Quigley is going to be named NCC mvp, but I really think that honor should go to Kristi Boese. Yes, Quigley has the bigger point and rebound numbers, but Boese is ranked in the top 6 in the league in points, rebounds AND assists, and she is a far superior defensive player than is Quigley. Of course, the team accomplishments are far more important than are individual honors, but I really feel that Boese deserves the honor of being named conference mvp. Even if she doesn't get it, she's clearly the most COMPLETE player in the league.

Fully agree. Dietz would have been a factor as well had she not gotten hurt.

The UND volleyball program is a real player in dii - right? 2004 no ncc wins? Wow what a winner of a program? When you move up well see how things go the first couple of years. ;)

Dan knows that the bison BB season is over in one week so he is coming on here to get warmed up for the sioux ladies run for a title. I'm sure he will be on this site quite a bit the next couple of weeks to really see what it is like to play for something. Things are about as boring as they get right now in fargo. With the bison VB coach being let go will the same happen to amy? Or does Lynn and Amy get along better than Lynn and Zaundra?:silly:? I see they are not having anymore bison BB shows in fargo, but they do have one more women's game to be played. I think they just want to get the year over with. It shows with the cheap production of there BB shows. They don't mention some of the games they play and they don't show many highlights either. They interview the coaches in the gym with many distractions going on. One day it is the baseball team practicing in the background. Another day it is the track people running around. I even saw one time where they were riging horses, milking cows, and having a horseshoe tourney when the coaches show was going on. Wow, what excitment down there.

The UND volleyball program is a real player in dii - right? 2004 no ncc wins? Wow what a winner of a program? When you move up well see how things go the first couple of years. ;)

everyone shares your pain :silly:

In the Fargo Forum today there is a story about the career of Katie Lorenz. In the story it lists as one of her hi-lites was making some steals and leading NDSU in a come from behind victory over UND in the regional. As far as I can remember that is totally false. In 2001 we won the regional in Grand Forks.. In 2002 we lost to Southwest State in Colorado. In 2003 we lost to SDSU in Brookings. In 2004 we beat the Bison in the semis and lost to SDSU in the Finals at Concordia St. Paul . And of couse last year the Regional was in Grand Forks. Apparently those hi-lites must of been in her dreams. You would think Kolpack would do a little research on his stories. By the way, I bet Katie is wishing she would of come to UND considering the way things turned out for her at NDSU. Katie won't be leading any post season charges for the Bison again this year.

In the Fargo Forum today there is a story about the career of Katie Lorenz. In the story it lists as one of her hi-lites was making some steals and leading NDSU in a come from behind victory over UND in the regional. As far as I can remember that is totally false. In 2001 we won the regional in Grand Forks.. In 2002 we lost to Southwest State in Colorado. In 2003 we lost to SDSU in Brookings. In 2004 we beat the Bison in the semis and lost to SDSU in the Finals at Concordia St. Paul . And of couse last year the Regional was in Grand Forks. Apparently those hi-lites must of been in her dreams. You would think Kolpack would do a little research on his stories. By the way, I bet Katie is wishing she would of come to UND considering the way things turned out for her at NDSU. Katie won't be leading any post season charges for the Bison again this year.

You are correct. Lorenz played in two regional tournaments--2003 and 2004. UND and NDSU played each other in one of those years, and UND won. She must have been talking about a regular season game.

I remember the last few games in "the rivalry as well"!!, led me to post this on bisonville in April 2004...some of my best work I think!:silly:

Part 1

Mid-August

In Attendance;

Gene Taylor, Lynn Dorn, President Chapman, Coach Miles, Coach Bohl, Coach Ruley, Coach McLeod.

Gene Taylor "I called you all here to discuss the upcoming seasons and our pending move to Division 1!!! We need to shed as positive a light on this as possible, there are plenty of naysayers out their who would like to believe that our move to Division 1 is not a good one. They say that the funds won't be there, they say the talent won't be there, they say the facilities are not all up to par, they say the fan support won't be there, and they also say that we haven't really done jack in D2 over the last few years and that we are arrogant for making this move. That is why we are having this discussion today and why it is imperative that your teams accomplish 3 little things this season. Number 3, you must qualify for postseason play in D2 so that we can show everyone that we really are too good for this level, Number 2, at least one of you better bring home a National Title so we can show our D2 brethern that we are doing them a favor by moving so they won't have to deal with our imagined sheer dominance of this division, and most importantly, and I cannot stress the importance of this enough...since we will not be playing UND anymore in most sports, it it incredibly important that we defeat the Sioux in our final games in these rivalry games....NO EXCEPTIONS!!! We will revisit this discusion or mandate if you want to call it that in May. That is all. Good Luck and remember Bison Pride!!!"

Part 2

Late May

In attendance;

Gene Taylor, Lynn Dorn, and President Chapman seated on one side of a large table with a 4th unidentified person sitting in a large black chair with his back to the table. Also present on the other side of the table Coach Ruley, Coach Bohl, Coach Mcleod, and Coach Miles.

GT: "We are here to revisit our discussions from August. If you all remember I set very achievable goals for you all back then. So lets review. Coach Miles, how did we do on our goals this season?

CM: "Well we did not make the NCAA postseason, we did not even sniff a national title, and we lost to the Sioux in the final game of the rivalry."

GT loosens his tie: "Well I hope it gets better from there." "Coach Bohl can you recap the season for me?"

CB: "We beat Montana!!!"

GT: " Was that one of our goals? I don't seem to remember that one. Anything else?"

CB: "We freakin beat Montana!!!!!"

GT: "Do I have to remind you of our MANDATES for a successful season?"

CB: "Well we did not make the playoffs, we did not even get a sniff of postseason and we lost to the Sioux. But did I mention that we beat Montana?"

GT is now obviously upset, his face is getting red and he undoes one of his shirt buttons, " Coach Ruley, you have always carried this athletic program, please tell me something pleasing to my ears."

CR: "WE did make the NCAA postseason!!, we really did not get anywhere near a national title and we beat the Sioux twice!!"

GT: "Well that is a little better, but we of course did not really have anywhere to go but up though, did we? So we beat the Sioux both times we played them this year, that is great!"

CR: "Yes Sir"

CB: "But Mister Taylor they played the Sioux more than twice this year."

CR: "Shut up baldy"

GT: "Amy is this true"

CR: "Well, yeah I guess so"

GT: "But we beat them the last time we played them, ...right?"

CR: "Not exactly, they beat us for the NCC Title on our home court, but as I told anyone who would listen, that was a meaningless game. Really, I mean sure it was the last time we would play them in Fargo on our home court, but it really did not matter."

GT: "OK, OK, so you beat them 2 out of 3 times then, only losing a meaningless NCC title tilt on our home court?

CR: "Yep, we beat them 2 out of 3 times."

Lynn Dorn: "Mister Taylor, they played 4 times"

CR: "et tu Lynn"

GT: "I want the truth"

President Chapman "under his breath" "you can't handle the truth"

GT: "What?"

PC: "Nothing"

CR: "Well OK we lost one more time which I guess was the last game we played the Sioux, the last time we played in D2, and it ended our season, but it really was not that important of a game"

GT: "This is unfu#$ingbelievable". Coach Mcleod can you save the day?

CM: "We might make the postseason, a national title is pretty unrealistic, and we did lose our final game at home to the Sioux."

GT: "Well, you played them 4 times right? So I assume you won the first 3 and they got lucky and stole one from you, it's baseball, it happens"

CM: "Yep, we played them 4 times"

GT: "Good, good, nice job then"

AR: "Not so fast Mitch"

GT: "Am I missing something?"

A long pause

GT: "Coach Mcleod? Do you have s#!t in your ears"

CM: "No sir. We actually lost all 4 games to the Sioux this season"

GT: "Well thats just fu#$ing great, just Fu$%ing great"

The coaches in unison: "We tried, they are just too good, at least we won't have to play them anymore!!"

GT: "People, I really did not want it to come to this, but I don't know where to go from here, as a wise man once said "You can't make chicken out of chicken soup" I would now like to turn this meeting over to......"

The chair that had been facing away from the table turns around to reveal......................................... Donald Trump!!!! Someone is going to get Fired over this.

A couple of big upsets in the quarterfinals of the RMAC tournament last night, including Regis losing. Metro and Fort Hays also lost. Hopefully Kearney can win the tournament, otherwise somebody is going to get the autobid who wouldn't have otherwise had any chance to get in, and a more deserving team will be squeezed out.

Here's the most recent regional poll:

North Central

1 North Dakota 26-0 22-0

2 St. Cloud State 19-3 18-3

3 Wayne State (Nebraska) 20-3 20-3

4 Regis (Colorado) 23-4 19-3

5 Northern State 17-5 17-5

6 Concordia-St. Paul 17-8 16-8

7 Augustana (South Dakota) 14-8 12-8

8 Metropolitan State 17-8 17-6

9 Nebraska-Kearney 17-7 17-7

10 Fort Hays State 17-6 15-6

Tommorow's Championship Game....Is BYOTOU Game...

Bring Your Own Towel Or Umbrella...?

Ridiculous to have that many leaks...Coaches tell me it has happened since the opening??

Hope nobody gets Hurt...Almost Did not play these games today