SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

Tommorow's Championship Game....Is BYOTOU Game...

Bring Your Own Towel Or Umbrella...?

Ridiculous to have that many leaks...Coaches tell me it has happened since the opening??

Hope nobody gets Hurt...Almost Did not play these games today

You can contact MC Roofing for the roof debacle....There's a reason they are no longer in business from what I heard.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were 5 seperate areas on the floor where water was dripping on to the floor from the roof top. It wasn't a constant drip, but there were people wiping the areas every couple minutes or so to make sure the floor was as dry as possible.

You can contact MC Roofing for the roof debacle....There's a reason they are no longer in business from what I heard.

Just a thought but maybe REA should contact somebody?..Its been leaking for over 2 years now, from what the Coaches tell me from time to time at practices..

The otherthing that is a joke is our Scorers Table...What a joke, Missed Timed, Horn Blowing, Can get the score Right, Not sure how to operate?...Just Sad

We look like "The Clampetts" up here sometimes when we host regional events?

Anyway enough....GREAT JOB LADIES...32-0 Nice run, Got get that regional Championship!

CSU-Pueblo won the RMAC tournament to get that conference's autobid, and I think it's almost certain they'll get the number 8 seed, and play UND in the first round. The Sioux beat Pueblo 89-47 earlier this year. I'm guessing that Wayne State will be the only team in the regional that UND has not played this year. I'll guess the seeds will be as follows:

1. UND

2. SCSU

3. Wayne St.

4. Regis

5. Northern St.

6. Augie

7. Concordia-SP

8. CSU-Pueblo

North Central Pairings

1 UND

8 CSU-Pueblo

4 Northern State

5 Regis

3 St. Cloud

6 Augie

2 Wayne St.

7 Concordia-St. Paul

I'm surprised they have two games in which conference foes are playing each other in the first round since it was easily avoidable, but such is life I guess.

North Central Pairings

1 UND

8 CSU-Pueblo

4 Northern State

5 Regis

3 St. Cloud

6 Augie

2 Wayne St.

7 Concordia-St. Paul

Excuse me for being biased toward the NCC, but I think the region title will come down to UND vs. Augustana or St. Cloud. I don't think UND will get tested until the semifinals and I don't think either Wayne St. or Concordia-St. Paul will be able to knock off either Augie or St. Cloud. I am not sold on the strength of the NSIC this year or the RMAC (the Really Mediocre Athletic Conference). The committee is always head-over-heels in love with that conference. If UND wasn't undefeated, they probably would have found some excuse to give the regional to Wayne St. But that's another topic.

Anyway, I think we're going to have to beat either St. Cloud or Augustana to get to Arkansas. And based on what happened today at The Betty, I hope it's St. Cloud.

Excuse me for being biased toward the NCC, but I think the region title will come down to UND vs. Augustana or St. Cloud. I don't think UND will get tested until the semifinals and I don't think either Wayne St. or Concordia-St. Paul will be able to knock off either Augie or St. Cloud. I am not sold on the strength of the NSIC this year or the RMAC (the Really Mediocre Athletic Conference). The committee is always head-over-heels in love with that conference. If UND wasn't undefeated, they probably would have found some excuse to give the regional to Wayne St. But that's another topic.

Anyway, I think we're going to have to beat either St. Cloud or Augustana to get to Arkansas. And based on what happened today at The Betty, I hope it's St. Cloud.

I agree that it's likely to come down to UND and the SCSU-Augie winner. The bottom line for the Sioux is we need to shoot it better from outside. Teams are not going to let Langen beat them for the 3rd or 4th time in a season, so they'll just double her all the time or sit back in a tight zone. We'll go as far as the outside shooting of Mahlum, Boese, Maffin, Guinn and Jahner will take us. And unfortunately, another shooting performance like today's could very easily result in a loss. You're not going to win very often shooting 34%.

It's nice to see St. Cloud and Augie in the other bracket. I think it will be us and Augie again on Monday night. Augie has a very nice team and are peaking at the right time. After watching the game today, I think Augie although losing to us, gained a TON of confidence. But give the UND girls credit, at crunch time our team and the help from the crowd prevailed. Can't wait to get the Betty rockin for the regional games. I think our girls are on a mission. And what's scary is that we can play better. Today, everyone chipped in at key times of the game. Mahlen hit a big three, Maffin got a big rebound, Jahner had a great hustle steal, Guinn hit a key jumper, and Langen with some big boards. We have so many weapons. This game was a good test for us and it showed we can win a big game coming from behind and keeping are composure down the stretch. Great Job girls. Keep the maching ROLLING.

Just a thought but maybe REA should contact somebody?..Its been leaking for over 2 years now, from what the Coaches tell me from time to time at practices..

The otherthing that is a joke is our Scorers Table...What a joke, Missed Timed, Horn Blowing, Can get the score Right, Not sure how to operate?...Just Sad

We look like "The Clampetts" up here sometimes when we host regional events?

Anyway enough....GREAT JOB LADIES...32-0 Nice run, Got get that regional Championship!

REA has contacted somebody in the past to fix the leaks...REA did have employees shoveling the roof off on Saturday FYI...Let's say they contact a company this week to fix the roof leaks where they were leaking this weekend, all that is going to do is allow the water to run to another bad spot in the roof and start leaking through that location in the roof. It's a never ending process, the water always runs to its lowest spot obviously, and just because you fix the leak, doesn't mean water won't continue to leak from that spot for a period of time until it runs its course through the roof. The only real solution to the problem is to start over with the roof and get a quality company this time.

Congratulations to the Sioux Women. It was good to see that after Augie made there run in the middle of second half and went ahead by 6 that the Sioux didn't panic and probably played there best ball down the stretch. I thought that St. Cloud was the best team we would play in the conference but I'm not sure that Augie might not be the best right now. They are on a roll. As far as the guy that called McFeeley, Amy could use a lot of our players. Kimbrough would probably be starting for the Bison. NDSU would probably have finished in the bottom half of the NCC. Duluth stuck it to the Bison in FARGO this year. Duluth only won 3 games in the NCC this year. Even though the Sioux have a great team this year, with the way womens basketball has continued to improve they had better strap it on every night or they will get beat. What's up with the Sioux playing the 3:00 game on Friday. I'm assuming they don't want to go go up against Sioux hockey and the State A basketball tournament. It's too bad that so many major sporting events happen the same weekend in Grand Forks. It hurts the attendance for all the events. A Friday afternoon game won't have many people at it. Go Sioux.

What's up with the Sioux playing the 3:00 game on Friday. I'm assuming they don't want to go go up against Sioux hockey and the State A basketball tournament. It's too bad that so many major sporting events happen the same weekend in Grand Forks. It hurts the attendance for all the events. A Friday afternoon game won't have many people at it. Go Sioux.

That's exactly what it is. They don't want to have the basketball game going on at the same time as the hockey game.

Makes perfect sense to me.

REA has contacted somebody in the past to fix the leaks...REA did have employees shoveling the roof off on Saturday FYI...Let's say they contact a company this week to fix the roof leaks where they were leaking this weekend, all that is going to do is allow the water to run to another bad spot in the roof and start leaking through that location in the roof. It's a never ending process, the water always runs to its lowest spot obviously, and just because you fix the leak, doesn't mean water won't continue to leak from that spot for a period of time until it runs its course through the roof. The only real solution to the problem is to start over with the roof and get a quality company this time.

I used to do this in the summer in high school...they gotta blast the whole roof with a rubberized compound to seal it. Usually you only have to do this with old buildings but it does work AND we'll all be able to drive up singing....

OH BLACK BETTY - wham a lam a lam!

Oh BLACK BETTY - wham a lam a lam! :lol:

2006 NCAA Division II Women's Basketball Championship - Printable Bracket

Instructions:

1) Start at upper left hand corner with 1*North Dakota (32-0)

2) Proceed right to first empty line and insert 1*North Dakota (33-0)

3) Proceed right to first empty line and insert 1*North Dakota (34-0)

4) Proceed right to first empty line and insert 1*North Dakota (35-0)

5) Proceed right to first empty line and insert 1*North Dakota (36-0)

6) Proceed right to first empty line and insert 1*North Dakota (37-0)

7) Proceed downward to first empty line (National Champion) and insert 1*North Dakota (38-0)

8) For remaining empty lines...insert random team and record.

Congratulations! You have now completed your 2006 NCAA Division II Women's Basketball Championship Bracket!

Boese named mvp; Roebuck coach of the year; Langen all-conference; Jahner co-defensive player of the year (but not all-conference?). Kimbrough was snubbed for freshman of the year. Her numbers were clearly better than DeVille's. link. And how in the heck can undefeated UND have the same number of all-conference selections as UNO and UMD? ;)

Boese named mvp; Roebuck coach of the year; Langen all-conference; Jahner co-defensive player of the year (but not all-conference?). Kimbrough was snubbed for freshman of the year. Her numbers were clearly better than DeVille's. link. And how in the heck can undefeated UND have the same number of all-conference selections as UNO and UMD? ;)

congrats to Boese and Langen, but what a joke!!! No Mahlum or Jahner...and Kimbrough's numbers are definately better.