SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was getting really scared when i was reading those updates and augie took the lead. i noticed the same thing happened at st. cloud. had a decent lead at half and then let the other team back in during the second half before shutting them down. hopefully, that will stop and the girls can just continue on their torrid pace that is set during the first half.

i was getting really scared when i was reading those updates and augie took the lead. i noticed the same thing happened at st. cloud. had a decent lead at half and then let the other team back in during the second half before shutting them down. hopefully, that will stop and the girls can just continue on their torrid pace that is set during the first half.

yea it was not their best effort for all 40 minutes, but it is so hard to keep that intensity and with the big target on their backs... hopefully get thru minn duluth this weekend and then they may never have to leave home ....? until the big show!

I was listening to the game but I had to run get groceries before the store closed. I was sitting in my car in the store's parking lot listening to the last few minutes of the game. When Auggie pulled ahead and it was getting down to the final 2 minutes I was getting so nervous I just turned my car off and went in. :) I was happy to get back in my car and hear the final score.

Alot of people think that an undefeated team losing a game will get them focused again for the end of the season... Hopefully this game was close enough that the ladies stay focused.

Alot of people think that an undefeated team losing a game will get them focused again for the end of the season... Hopefully this game was close enough that the ladies stay focused.

I was just going to ask about that. Does anyone think that a loss might be better heading into tourney time? I think a loss might be the big motivator and take some of the pressure of finishing undefeated. But I'm with you dd, hopefully this is all the motivation they need.

Obviously I'm very happy that the Sioux won tonight, although there were certainly some disappointing aspects, as well. Bench scoring was practically non-existent tonight, which is very unusual. UND did not dominate the boards like they do most games, and Augie really isn't a very good rebounding team as we saw in Grand Forks. The second half shooting was abysmal, and terrible shooting halves have occurred several times now this year. The bottom line, of course, is that UND won at a venue which has proven to be difficult for opposing teams, and remains undefeated. Let's hope for a better, more consistent effort against a struggling UMD team, and then it should be home cooking for the next eight games!

Central beat Valley City last night, but Jossy Bergan scored 35 points! Alys Seay had 23 for Central. Both are now averaging 21 ppg on the year.

I'm excited to see both of them play for the Sioux. With recruits like this coming to the team which is relatively young, Roebuck will have a lot of good players to work with for years to come. It is such a joy to follow such a good program.

I follow the women's program closely but seldom get to see them play. The following is not a second-guessing type question of Coach Roebuck as he does an outstanding job but I am surprised that Kimbrough doesn't get more minutes. She is often in the 13 to 18 minute range. I fully realize than we have Langen underneath and that she is having a great year but I still would have thought that Kimbrough would be getting more minutes.

Any thoughts on this? How does she look when she is playing? I know she had has some great games - have there been games where she hasn't looked too good?

I follow the women's program closely but seldom get to see them play. The following is not a second-guessing type question of Coach Roebuck as he does an outstanding job but I am surprised that Kimbrough doesn't get more minutes. She is often in the 13 to 18 minute range. I fully realize than we have Langen underneath and that she is having a great year but I still would have thought that Kimbrough would be getting more minutes.

Any thoughts on this? How does she look when she is playing? I know she had has some great games - have there been games where she hasn't looked too good?

DEFENSE....I've heard that all the freshman are struggling to play both ends of the floor at this level.

Personally, I'd like to see her in there more, but she has had some games in which she's really struggled. Last night, for example, she had four turnovers despite only playing a few minutes. I believe she also really struggled at St. Cloud. As has been pointed out by others, she also struggles on defense much of the time, although she does compensate somewhat by being a pretty good shot-blocker. I think she's going to improve tremendously over the summer, as she has all the tools, and next year I think she'll be one of the top players in the NCC. This year, we probably just have to expect that there will be games in which she looks incredible, and others where she seems a little lost.

Personally, I'd like to see her in there more, but she has had some games in which she's really struggled. Last night, for example, she had four turnovers despite only playing a few minutes. I believe she also really struggled at St. Cloud. As has been pointed out by others, she also struggles on defense much of the time, although she does compensate somewhat by being a pretty good shot-blocker. I think she's going to improve tremendously over the summer, as she has all the tools, and next year I think she'll be one of the top players in the NCC. This year, we probably just have to expect that there will be games in which she looks incredible, and others where she seems a little lost.

That is what I expected to hear - thanks for your insight!

Latest Massey Ratings for College Women's Basketball at mratings.com:

College Basketball Women's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key & Description | Conferences | Summary | 2005 | 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| group1 | I | II | III | NAIA I | NAIA II | USCAA |

Using games from Monday, October 3, 2005 to Sunday, February 12, 2006

These ratings are based on win-loss outcomes relative to schedule difficulty.

Margin of victory is not used, and ratings don't reflect point differentials.

Early season ratings will fluctuate significantly until a sufficient number of games have been played.

Teams that are not connected via the schedule graph are rated as isolated groups.

group1

Chng Team W L Rating Sched

1 Duke 23 1 2.821 5.86 ( 3) I

2 North Carolina 23 1 2.808 5.87 ( 2) I

3 LSU 22 1 2.699 5.78 ( 5) I

4 Maryland 22 2 2.631 5.59 ( 7) I

5 North Dakota 24 0 2.491 3.04 ( 237) II

6 Tennessee 23 3 2.485 6.03 ( 1) I

7 Connecticut 22 3 2.479 5.83 ( 4) I

8 Ohio St 21 2 2.377 5.26 ( 14) I

9 Washburn 22 0 2.288 2.55 ( 282) II

10 + 1 Oklahoma 21 4 2.191 5.51 ( 9) I

Chng Team W L Rating Sched

11 - 1 Rutgers 19 3 2.158 5.13 ( 21) I

12 Brigham Young 20 2 2.130 4.72 ( 47) I

13 Purdue 20 3 2.129 4.98 ( 31) I

14 + 1 Michigan St 19 7 2.057 5.46 ( 10) I

15 + 4 Indiana St 21 2 2.036 4.34 ( 71) I

16 - 2 Baylor 18 5 2.034 5.21 ( 20) I

17 Stanford 18 5 2.026 5.25 ( 17) I

18 Arizona St 20 5 2.025 5.23 ( 18) I

19 - 3 Georgia 17 6 2.010 5.25 ( 16) I

20 + 1 Boston College 19 6 1.994 5.10 ( 23) I

Great Job ladies it is a joy to watch you, I will take the 97 ladies by 20, hope you give us a ring like they gave us three!!!!!!!

I'll take the points....2006 team and I get +20......?

I think your right the 97 team was better, But I feel the Head coaching of the 2006 team is more experienced....... :lol:

He should be able to keep me within 20 points....

There will be some great match-ups however...