SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

How has attendance been?

It was okay today with about 2100. Post-season games nearly always draw less than regular season ones, so anything over 2000 isn't bad. I'm hoping for a full house on Monday, though. Unlike this weekend where there was so much other stuff going on, there shouldn't be anything else going on in terms of local sports on Monday night.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was okay today with about 2100. Post-season games nearly always draw less than regular season ones, so anything over 2000 isn't bad. I'm hoping for a full house on Monday, though. Unlike this weekend where there was so much other stuff going on, there shouldn't be anything else going on in terms of local sports on Monday night.

That was the "official" attendance? Then the Betty only holds 2600 :lol::D

Especially since they'd NEVER try to screw us over. :D

The NCAA would screw over their own mother if they could, and then put her out on the streets to work.

Congrats to the Lady Sioux! Its down to 16, here's to hopeing that UND and GVSU make it to the 8, and perchance meet up in Arkansas.

Do note how the regional brakets are set up, you'll like the idea of UND and GVSU meeting there. :lol:

Maybe it's just me, but Wayne Nelson seems to use some curious logic in his articles sometimes. Take this, for example, from Saturday:

But a Northern State win in the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center wouldn't be a shock. Northern beat the Sioux last year in a regular-season game, rallying from an 18-point deficit.

How is a game from early December of 2004 even remotely relevant to the present? A Northern win wouldn't have been impossible, of course, as nothing in sports is. But I don't think there's much question that it would have been a shock to the vast majority of people who follow women's basketball in this region.

Maybe it's just me, but Wayne Nelson seems to use some curious logic in his articles sometimes. Take this, for example, from Saturday:

How is a game from early December of 2004 even remotely relevant to the present? A Northern win wouldn't have been impossible, of course, as nothing in sports is. But I don't think there's much question that it would have been a shock to the vast majority of people who follow women's basketball in this region.

Maybe he was trying the old "Hatemerchant" (Ryan Bakken) approach...Plant a seed of doubt, just to let everyone know it is possible, and add a little fuel to the bellys, I do know Ashley Langen comments on TV, after the game, were about this same situation...?

Man, I wish I could be there tonight, it should be a great game.

If there are problems tonight with the internet broadcast I might explode.

I hope the crowd can be a difference maker, let it all hang out as I am sure the girls will.

Good Luck Sioux.

My name is jesse maffin brother of kelsey maffin, i was wondering if it was the server in grand forks or just my computer the other night but i was unable to listen to the broadcast and had my entire family over to listen tht night. was just wondering if anyone else had a problem.

I know we have repeatedly contacted the athlt. dept. in the past and nothing is ever done about this problem. First off its almost impossible for me to get up there from des moines due to work and God forbid I might want to listen to my sister play. I just wish they were considerate of others like all the other families dealing with the same issue.

p.s. I was on the site early and I was able to hear the radio they play on 100.3 so hopefully its good to go by game time

Maybe he was trying the old "Hatemerchant" (Ryan Bakken) approach...Plant a seed of doubt, just to let everyone know it is possible, and add a little fuel to the bellys, I do know Ashley Langen comments on TV, after the game, were about this same situation...?

That's possible. If Ashley was motivated by that, I suspect she'll be REALLY fired up based on this (from Nelson in today's Herald):

But Quigley makes the difference. Against Concordia-St. Paul in Saturday night's semifinals, Quigley's absence because of foul trouble allowed the Golden Bears to make up a 15-point deficit.

Quigley's domination in the middle impressed Concordia-St. Paul coach Paul Fessler.

"I don't want to start any arguments, but I'd take Quigley over Ashley Langen," Fessler said, comparing the two centers.

Langen is UND's leading scorer and one of the more dominating players in Division II.

I wouldn't trade Langen for Quigley. No way. Quigley is a a good player, but she's all finesse. UND can go with the power game of Langen, AND with a player who's considerably more athletic than Quigley in Kimbrough. You could conceivably play Langen and Kimbrough for a combined 40 minutes in the post, which is preferable to Quigley for 40 minutes, even if she could play that many minutes, which I don't believe she can.

That's possible. If Ashley was motivated by that, I suspect she'll be REALLY fired up based on this (from Nelson in today's Herald):

I wouldn't trade Langen for Quigley. No way. Quigley is a a good player, but she's all finesse. UND can go with the power game of Langen, AND with a player who's considerably more athletic than Quigley in Kimbrough. You could conceivably play Langen and Kimbrough for a combined 40 minutes in the post, which is preferable to Quigley for 40 minutes, even if she could play that many minutes, which I don't believe she can.

What does the Coach from Concordia-StPaul have up his sleeve, what is this Quote supposed to mean.

"North Dakota's playing one game for their entire season," said Fessler. "If they lose that one game, 34-0 isn't worth anything.

"We'll see how they deal with that, but it will be a heck of a battle."

Every team is playing a one game season now, just as his team did, and is now DONE.

"If they lose 34-0 isn't worth anything" give me a break regardless, that's one heck of a good year, better than his teams year.

What does the Coach from Concordia-StPaul have up his sleeve, what is this Quote supposed to mean.

"North Dakota's playing one game for their entire season," said Fessler. "If they lose that one game, 34-0 isn't worth anything.

"We'll see how they deal with that, but it will be a heck of a battle."

Every team is playing a one game season now, just as his team did, and is now DONE.

"If they lose 34-0 isn't worth anything" give me a break regardless, that's one heck of a good year, better than his teams year.

I think he's one of those people who likes to push buttons. He's also the same guy who was quoted earlier in the season that he thought UND's second five would finish runner-up in the NCC to UND's starting five, which was probably meant to irritate other NCC teams. He's the Mike McFeely of regional college basketball coaches. :silly:

If you've never witnessed Fessler at a game while "coaching", it appears he is as irritating in print as he is in person. Those comments sound like sour grapes to me and I question even printing the Quigley vs Langen comment. I'd take Ashley anyday too....if the Sioux play up to there potential...I think 35-0 will mean a lot...GO GET "EM SIOX!!!!!

Hey all, I'm not a Bison fan trying to raise controversy. I'm a student at St. Cloud State and work at our radio station. We're covering the game tonight. You can get it online at KVSC.org and then just follow the links. Just somthing to think about if you're having troubles with your internet broadcast. Can't wait for a great game tonight.