SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully no news is good news, as this Herald article on the start of the men's and women's basketball seasons specifically mentions Koenig's knee injuries, but doesn't mention anything about any women's player injuries--not even Maffin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is good news I hope.

Gutter turned an ankle earlier this week. Nothing overly serious but will slow him up for awhile. That really hurts his development and the team as we are so thin up front.

That is good news I hope.

Gutter turned an ankle earlier this week. Nothing overly serious but will slow him up for awhile. That really hurts his development and the team as we are so thin up front.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any indications of who it looks like will be starting ?

Has anyone seen any preseason predictions, in the last couple of day's I've seen them for the Big 12, MVC, and even the NSIC, am I wrong in assuming that the NCC would have a Coaches/media preseason poll and a preseason all conference team.

Last year it came out in the second week of November, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before the NCC coaches' poll comes out.

There is a good article in the Forum today regarding UND Women's BB team. Roebuck says it will likely be the deepest team he has ever had. He also made it sound like he didn't plan to redshirt any of the players we thought he might redshirt.

I don't know how to provide the link - worth your time to go find it.

There is a good article in the Forum today regarding UND Women's BB team. Roebuck says it will likely be the deepest team he has ever had. He also made it sound like he didn't plan to redshirt any of the players we thought he might redshirt.

I don't know how to provide the link - worth your time to go find it.

Here's the [url="http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=106884

This is, of course, unofficial and subject to change, but my understanding is that as of now, the starting five would probably be Langen, Boese, Guinn, Jahner and Mahlum.

What about Maffin, i understand she was really playing well last year at the end of the year until she became injured, is she still recovering.

Has anyone been to a practice or have they had any open workouts yet.

What about Maffin, i understand she was really playing well last year at the end of the year until she became injured, is she still recovering.

Has anyone been to a practice or have they had any open workouts yet.

Maffin has apparently been practicing, but I'm not sure whether she's 100% or not.

They were at the FB game but apparently couldn't spell....they were wearing t-shirts that spelled out...S.O.U.X....who the hell was the "I' supposed to be??*

*YES - I know there's no "I" in team :0:sad:

The "I" showed up late...The real problem is that I think it was supposed to be "Go Sioux"

We Noticed "Og Sioux"...Coach Pickles always on top of things made a quick call...and the O and G switched shirts? (must be eaiser then changing places)...For "Go Sioux"....Its really go to know that the higher level of education at UND is alive and well......."Go Sioux" ???

• 4 weeks later...

Ok-Time to get the Women's Basketball discussion up and going again! Monday's game sounded pretty good although the internet feed was a bit garbled. Great article on Kimbrough-can't wait to see the women again on Friday!! ???

P.S.

Thanks, Jim for getting the forum up and running again-I went through 18 hours of withdrawl!! ???

Ok-Time to get the Women's Basketball discussion up and going again! Monday's game sounded pretty good although the internet feed was a bit garbled. Great article on Kimbrough-can't wait to see the women again on Friday!! ???

P.S.

Thanks, Jim for getting the forum up and running again-I went through 18 hours of withdrawl!! ???

I too appreciate the work in fixing the "crash"...I must have checked a 100 times yesterday...the women are fun to watch...so much talent and when it's clicking...it is some great basketball. I listened to the men's game briefly yesterday...they seem to be struggling..hope they can remedy that, but the future looks bright for the ladies if they stay injury free as much as possible!

It is definitely time to get pumped up for the womens team. This "potentially" could be the best team we have ever had. Once again I said "potentially. It all depends on how much the younger players improve. Sunday's game against Crookston might be interesting. When Crookston palyed NDSU a couple weeks ago , NDSU was only ahead by 7 at halftime, and it was still a 10 point ball game half way through the 2nd half. Crookston has a player from Hatton who provides quite a spark to them. Anyway it will be fun to see how UND handles Crookston.

" When Crookston palyed NDSU a couple weeks ago" ,

do you think UND will ever get the chance to play them again??? I bet that would fill the Betty. I hope it is a challenging game, that will only make it more interesting...blow outs are hard to play with prolonged intensity and they are not as fun to watch! The potential of this team is mind boggling, but there have been some bright spots in the younger players already...each game they play a little better...one would hope it will only escalate! ???

81-59 Sioux win, sounded like we simply wore them down.

5 of 8 three-point shooting by Franklin Pierce kept them close for most of the first half, but ultimately UND just had much better talent and depth. Certainly not one of the best Sioux performances I've seen, but not bad.

Not to overlook tomorrow's game vs. UMC, but the game on Tuesday should be a big challenge. Northern State is off to a 6-0 start including a 20-point win over USD. On paper, they really don't have anywhere near the talent of the Sioux, but I'm sure they'll be confident considering last year's debacle at the Betty (UND blew a 20-point lead in the second half and lost). I have to think UND will be extremely fired up for this one, and will hopefully send a message that everybody else in the region will be playing for second place this year. ???