SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Disagree, that he has the potential to put up "Paul Kariya" type numbers in college, ...

Why is Kariya the measure?

Kariya's best college season:

1992-93 U. of Maine H-East 39 25 75 100 12

Tony Hrkac's best college season:

1986-87 U. of North Dakota WCHA 48 46 70 116 48

I suppose they used Kariya as the measuring stick since that was his freshman season.

The game has become far too competitive across the board, even in pros, to ever see numbers like that again. Its an accomplishment if a player hits 100 pts for his career now, let alone one season.

http://www.ssmsports.org/hockey/teams/2010-2011/boys/u16/boys-u16-stats

Currently stats. Taylor has 122 now and next closest is Tyler Vesel. on another nother Martin Brodeur kids not doing so bad in net either

Actually, the other goalie has better stats. Looks like Nathan MacKinnon wouldn't be far behind Cammaratta if he played more games. He has played 14 less games and still has 78 points, including 35 goals.

Actually, the other goalie has better stats. Looks like Nathan MacKinnon wouldn't be far behind Cammaratta if he played more games. He has played 14 less games and still has 78 points, including 35 goals.

mackinnon is big time as well and heading to qmjhl i believe. both are top players in the world for their age. along with fauschng

Both players averaged 2+ points per game, and Kariya played 9 less games. So if you give Kariya 9 more games, he would have likely at least matched or even exceeded Hrkac's numbers. Then, throw in the fact that Kariya had Eastern exposure and a much more well known Pro career, and you see why Kariya's name comes up as one of the best seasons ever. One thing Hrkac had over Kariya was the big difference in goals.

That poster was just pointing out that Marty's son has some good stats, he wasn't comparing the two goalies.

That poster was just pointing out that Marty's son has some good stats, he wasn't comparing the two goalies.

Correct I was nearly stating that he had descent number in net and so does the other kid. I can see why they only have lost 3 games. 2 awesome net minders. Be pretty cool to land Marty's son depending on how he really looks in net. Has anyone heard of anything new about Seth jones

Correct I was nearly stating that he had descent number in net and so does the other kid. I can see why they only have lost 3 games. 2 awesome net minders. Be pretty cool to land Marty's son depending on how he really looks in net. Has anyone heard of anything new about Seth jones

Haven't heard of anything about Jones, but I noticed he was up with the Under 18 team last night. Grimaldi went from the Under 17 to the Under 18 team last year, so I wonder if he is there for good or if it was a short-term arrangement.

Nothing big here but....

Holy Angels forward Joe LaBate committed to Wisconsin today. I guess he called off visits to UND and Minnesota as soon as he got home...

I thought that was interesting.

Former Holy Angels star haven't worked for us recently...

Forward Alex Schoenborn from Minot and defenseman Keaton Thompson from Devils Lake will be trying out for the NTDP. Just thought you'd all like to know.

And I believe defensemen Gage Ausmus from EGF. Though he was injured throughout end of season.

a 8th grader from Breck is one to keep a eye on it sounds like. Keegan Iverson. Playing in the state tourney this weekend.

http://www.mnhockeyprospects.com/

This kid is huge for an 8th grader, watched him against Thief River last night and he looked to be an alright skater and had a great shot. Looks like the kid has a future in front of him since he is only an 8th grader.

Anyone heard anything on D- Dan Molenar from Eden Prairie lately. I know the Sioux were interested at one time, but haven't heard much since. There is a rumor out there he will need to have hip surgery after the season, but he is playing pretty well especially if he's playing hurt.

Anyone heard anything on D- Dan Molenar from Eden Prairie lately. I know the Sioux were interested at one time, but haven't heard much since. There is a rumor out there he will need to have hip surgery after the season, but he is playing pretty well especially if he's playing hurt.

He is indeed having hip surgery. Date for the surgery has already been scheduled. He's been playing hurt all season as he got injured during Elite League. From what I'm hearing... and speculating...is that most schools are hesitant to offer him a scholarship because of the injury. Can't blame them. It's difficult to commit to a player without knowing how he'll respond to the surgery. I believe he's drafted by Green Bay of the USHL, so I'd expect him to be there next year. I'd love tohave him in Sioux green.

He is indeed having hip surgery. Date for the surgery has already been scheduled. He's been playing hurt all season as he got injured during Elite League. From what I'm hearing... and speculating...is that most schools are hesitant to offer him a scholarship because of the injury. Can't blame them. It's difficult to commit to a player without knowing how he'll respond to the surgery. I believe he's drafted by Green Bay of the USHL, so I'd expect him to be there next year. I'd love tohave him in Sioux green.

That's kind of the same stuff I had been hearing too and I agree with you I'd love to get him up to UND.