SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Francisco to Notre Dame 

Nice snag, assumed he was going UMD. 

4 hours ago, burd said:

Do you have a clip of the time he backchecked and saved a likely goal with a stick lift from behind?   (or am I remembering things that didn't happen)

That was in the Manitoba exhibition in his freshman season. Would love to see that clip again. 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Anyone know if UND is in on this kid? He had a Force Teammate who is an UND recruit. 

There are other defensemen I'd expect UND to be after. His number are not all that great for his size. he also decommitted after the head of recruiting left. 

2 hours ago, I Ranger said:

So who would be our biggest targets left out there? Berchild, Beuker, Zajic and McKamey? With how quiet Minny, Wisco and UND have been is it safe to assume we are all in on the same guys? 

That'd be my guess as well.
It'd be great to snag at least one of them...would two be possible?  ;)  :whistling:

7 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Looks like Michigan State is going in hard for Zajic 

How do you know that MSU wants Zajic?

And because you know about MSU, do you know who UND is targeting?

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’m actually convinced that Michigan State is basically recruiting everyone. 

They’re like the Mike Eaves days at UW. 
Recruit them all! Then turn them loose when you don’t have room for them all. ;)

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:18 AM, cberkas said:

Looks like Michigan State is going in hard for Zajic 

I'm surprised the kid is still uncommitted, but he's got to have loads of schools interested in him.  Maybe Nick Naumenko or the Jones brothers can sway an Illinois kid to head North.   

On 8/29/2024 at 12:50 PM, Wilbur said:

I'm surprised the kid is still uncommitted, but he's got to have loads of schools interested in him.  Maybe Nick Naumenko or the Jones brothers can sway an Illinois kid to head North.   

If you listen to the UND hockey podcast, Schloss mentioned that some of these kids take their time committing. Last season, UND had a few commits after the early junior year signing period. 

18 minutes ago, Goon said:

If you listen to the UND hockey podcast, Schloss mentioned that some of these kids take their time committing. Last season, UND had a few commits after the early junior year signing period. 

If you’re referring to his UND hockey podcast episode from August 23rd, there was also some discussion about why UND and Michigan haven’t played a regular season series since 1980. What didn’t get mentioned is that there’s some speculation that either Red didn’t like UND and/or Michigan typically wants teams to travel to their barn but rarely reciprocates. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

If you’re referring to his UND hockey podcast episode from August 23rd, there was also some discussion about why UND and Michigan haven’t played a regular season series since 1980. What didn’t get mentioned is that there’s some speculation that either Red didn’t like UND and/or Michigan typically wants teams to travel to their barn but rarely reciprocates. 

Yeah, that's a good point. Why hasn't UND played the Ugly Helmets in a two-games series since the 1980's. I know @MafiaMan is a big-time Michigan fan and would probably travel to Ann Harbor, Michigan to see a series. 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Yeah, that's a good point. Why hasn't UND played the Ugly Helmets in a two-games series since the 1980's. I know @MafiaMan is a big-time Michigan fan. 

The correct phraseology is "the ugly buckets". ;)  

• Upvote 1