SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I know of Scotty and Mickey Krampotich because they are from my hometown. But the other two mentioned I don't know.

Yeah there is definitely Gopher tradition on the Range as it's quite hard to find more than a few fans of the Dogs. Unless you're in Duluth, you're not going to come across a whole lot of Dogs fans.

and of course, Bill Claviter from Virginia

I posted the schedule in the committed recruits thread, but for prospective recruits the NTDP 17U team will also be at the NAHL showcase and there are still a good amount players on this team that are uncommitted, so it would be a good chance to watch some prospective players. Also, they have a future prospects tournament (which is similar to the Little Caesar's tournament here in January) taking place this week, here is the schedule for that,

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/league...p;seasonid=3207

from western hockey blog

im sure there are a few we should keep our eyes on, anyone have any insight on these guys

shattuck prep roster

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...rep-roster.html

Forwards:

Sam Alfieri 12

Alexander Fallstrom 12

Brad Robbins 11

Erik Haula(Newcomer from Finland) 11

Jason Clark (Newcomer from Eden Prairie, MN) 11

Joe Basaraba(Newcomer from Fort Frances, ON)

Jean-Paul Lafontaine 11

Blake Matecjek 12

Andrew O'Leary 12

James Polk 11

Sebastien Nilsson

Defense:

Ben Montgomery 12

Nathan Sinz 12(Playing an extra year with Shattuck)

Stephen Hickey 12

Kyle Forte 12

Defenseman from Belarus

Justin Lutsch 11

Goalies:

Garrett Jensen 12

Kurt Williams

from western hockey blog

im sure there are a few we should keep our eyes on, anyone have any insight on these guys

shattuck prep roster

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...rep-roster.html

Forwards:

Sam Alfieri 12

Alexander Fallstrom 12 (Harvard)

Brad Robbins 11

Erik Haula(Newcomer from Finland) 11

Jason Clark (Newcomer from Eden Prairie, MN) 11

Joe Basaraba(Newcomer from Fort Frances, ON)

Jean-Paul Lafontaine 11

Blake Matecjek 12

Andrew O'Leary 12

James Polk 11

Sebastien Nilsson

Defense:

Ben Montgomery 12

Nathan Sinz 12(Playing an extra year with Shattuck)

Stephen Hickey 12

Kyle Forte 12

Defenseman from Belarus

Justin Lutsch 11

Goalies:

Garrett Jensen 12

Kurt Williams

Not as many high-end Minnesotans or NHL relatives on this team, so I think that takes some of UND's advantage away. I think the eastern kids will go east (duh), the California kids will gravitate towards Denver and CC, and the European kids will gravitate towards Ivy schools. In fact, I think the boarding school aspect of Shattuck will eventually steer more and more kids to Ivy and parochial schools. That certainly doesn't mean I don't think North Dakota will go after and potentially land a couple of these kids, just that the trends aren't pointing that way.

is alfieri not commited? i have heard (not seen) he is a solid player. and is the dman hickey any relation to the la kings hickey? if so, does he play like thomas? a fast, smooth skating, puck moving dman... it is what everyone here thinks we need. it sure wouldn't hurt to have another guy on the blueline who can move like genoway or marto.

Where are Emerson Etem and Guan Wang playing this year? I know Etem garnered a lot of interest in the past.

Etem is with the NTDP. Wang might still be with the Shattuck U16 team, but I'm not sure about that.

Sorting out the teams for Shattuck can be confusing, but basically the best of the best will play for the "Prep" team, the "U16" team, or the "Bantam Tier 1" team depending on age. Players on the rest of the teams get some of the best hockey training in the world, but their prospects of playing at the collegiate level are dim at best.

Even SCSU has a few former Shattuck players, but Fallstrom and Greiner committing to Harvard and Kyle Murphy committing to Notre Dame indicates to me the direction that program will ultimately take.

is alfieri not commited? i have heard (not seen) he is a solid player. and is the dman hickey any relation to the la kings hickey? if so, does he play like thomas? a fast, smooth skating, puck moving dman... it is what everyone here thinks we need. it sure wouldn't hurt to have another guy on the blueline who can move like genoway or marto.

Stephen Hickey is the son of former NHLer Pat Hickey: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=2267

Pretty sure there is no relation to Thomas Hickey.

WHL, I bet.

Western College Hockey has more.

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/2...nkorama_24.html

http://www.twincities.com/ci_10603492?nclick_check=1

Defenseman Nick Pryor, whose NHL rights are owned by the Anaheim Ducks and who is playing for the Des Moines Buccaneers of the U.S. Hockey League, has backed out of his commitment to the University of Wisconsin and is considering Maine, Boston College, North Dakota, St. Cloud State and Minnesota-Duluth.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_10603492?nclick_check=1

Defenseman Nick Pryor, whose NHL rights are owned by the Anaheim Ducks and who is playing for the Des Moines Buccaneers of the U.S. Hockey League, has backed out of his commitment to the University of Wisconsin and is considering Maine, Boston College, North Dakota, St. Cloud State and Minnesota-Duluth.

Do we know why he backed out? Was playing time going to be an issue, or was he just having second thoughts about playing at Wisconsin? Have heard a bit that he hasn't developed as nicely as projected when he first verballed at a young age, but that is all up for debate.

have macwilliam bring this kid with and keep them as D partners :(

http://ajhl.ca/news/2008/10/02/olsen-focused-on-excellence/

So with Olsen and d-partner Andrew MacWilliam (Leafs seventh rounder in 2008) logging 30-minutes plus a game, Walsh says the Kodiaks are hoping to turn the proverbial problem into the attractive opportunity.

It

Do we know why he backed out? Was playing time going to be an issue, or was he just having second thoughts about playing at Wisconsin? Have heard a bit that he hasn't developed as nicely as projected when he first verballed at a young age, but that is all up for debate.

I read on a blog somewhere that he didn't do good on the ACT. Some have pontificated that Eaves over recruits, I don't personally believe that.

Maybe Chuck can clear it up for us?

SF Stampede goalie charts own path

If you close your eyes and picture the perfect setting for an adventuresome kid in hockey-mad Minnesota, you'll see Eric Hartzell's former backyard.

Growing up in the Twin Cities suburb of White Bear Lake, Hartzell would walk outside to the welcoming sight of a five-acre pond bordered by backwoods.

During long winters, the pond became a place where childhood dreams could be churned into something real - like a shot at the National Hockey League.

Among the college programs seriously pursuing Hartzell are the University of North Dakota, Ohio State and Quinnipiac.

Since the University of Minnesota has a stable of skilled young goalies, it's unlikely that Eric will end up following in his father's collegiate footsteps.

"Sure, my dad played for the Gophers, and every Minnesota kid wants to go there, but I never really had a dream school for college," says Eric. "I would say growing up that I liked the Fighting Sioux, just because I would go to Gopher games, and the Sioux would always be getting booed, and I just loved that. I thought it was kind of fun."

I read on a blog somewhere that he didn't do good on the ACT. Some have pontificated that Eaves over recruits, I don't personally believe that.

Maybe Chuck can clear it up for us?

ACT was the main reason when I spoke with him on behalf of our blog. When he talked with Milewski (madison writer), he said he could still get into UW but I don't think it was the case. I think he ends up at a school like St. Cloud or UMD with slightly more lenient entrance requirements. Listing schools like Boston College is purely damage control by him and his advisor.