SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I did notice that on that roster if you click on Malone's profile it says he isn't NHL drafted when in reality he is... any chance it's a different Brad Malone? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Unforutnately the other details including the birthday are exactly the same.

I haven't heard any specific details yet, but I've said this earlier, sometimes college recruits will attend a Major Junior League camp with no intention of leaving college. Sam Lofquist (Gopher recruit) did this last year, here is the story on that,

http://gopherpuck.blogspot.com/2007/09/don...bout-lofty.html

I suppose it would some good training and practice.

Here is an article about the Malone family that I happened to stumble across... it's from May 23rd

Malone clan puts mark on Maritime hockey

It's also the same style that another grandson, Brad, hopes will take him to the NHL once his career with the NCAA University of North Dakota plays out.

"Yeah, we heard a lot about his style and we set ourselves after him that we push hard,'' says Brad. "We need to push and work, especially the kind of game we play. We don't have the dangling moves so we work a little harder on the ice and in the weight room to try and get the edge in that type of game.''

In a couple of years, Brad, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound forward, hopes she will be watching and cheering for him, too.

He was drafted by the Colorado Avalanche but still has three years of college eligibility remaining.

"To see what Ryan is doing is a major inspiration for me to keep working hard,'' Brad says. "He was a major influence I went the college route. I had a couple of different options but after talking with him and seeing what he did it certainly helped with my decision.''

Like Brad, Ryan also played NCAA Division 1 with St. Cloud University in Minnesota. He was drafted by the Penguins and then cracked the Pens' roster after finishing college.

They just hate to see great players actually go play American college hockey and working on their education if they choose to stay all 4 yrs.

I don't know if "they" do, but MJ fans certainly do.

I'll tell you all what, but MJ fans make Gopher and Wolverine fans look like Saints as far as arrogance and elitism is concerned. And if you doubt what I'm saying, just ask the MJ fans. They're not afraid at all to agree with it, though they may not state my words exactly.

so is it just the same wishful thinking about malone being on that roster too? im guessing he will be back? he would be a big loss, he is built alot like vandy, just needs another couple years of seasoning.

True.

But the roster brings up a question:

On the Halifax roster, Malone is listed at 6'3 190.

On the Sioux roster, he's listed at 6'1 197.

Which one is accurate?

How do you tell?

True.

But the roster brings up a question:

On the Halifax roster, Malone is listed at 6'3 190.

On the Sioux roster, he's listed at 6'1 197.

Which one is accurate?

How do you tell?

Heck go up and ask him. Wether he is 6'1" or 6'3" he is an opposing figure. :silly:

I agree... but that isn't based on any info, other than the lack of info.

Well I sure hope to see Malone back but if not oh well.....he struggled quite a bit in the scoring department but showed some potential in the physical part of the game that can probably be take over by Hextall