SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

anyone know if fallstrom (from sweden) or haula (from finland) are college bound. they both play for shattuck this year

thanks

Fallstrom is a Harvard commit according to Heisenberg.

And I don't think Morin is going to go the NCAA route. A. he'd be a one and done type deal, and B. Academics doesn't seem to interest him at all. He's just using the threat of going to college to up his ante with a major junior team.

anyone know if fallstrom (from sweden) or haula (from finland) are college bound. they both play for shattuck this year

shattuck

also has anyone seen brett chartier who plays for lincoln and is from winnipeg

thanks

Chartier is also a good buddy of jason gregoire's. He ended up in lincoln because jason and his dad asked the lincoln coaches to give him a look and I guess he impressed them in camp. He's 17, so stll could develop some. Potential's there I think.

That doesn't seem like College hockey type numbers.

i highly doubt college scouts base a players college potential on a 12 game record like that. if that was the case im sure many players would have quit in life. you know better than that.who knows what type of offers he will get in the next couple years. he wants to play at UND as he said in a story done last year aired on tsn i believe. he was the best goalie last year through through the mjhl playoffs and is considered more of a late bloomer prospect so who knows

whats crazy is the pro style trading that goes on in juniors. must be strange at that stage in hockey to get traded here and there before going to college if thats the route you choose.

i highly doubt college scouts base a players college potential on a 12 game record like that. if that was the case im sure many players would have quit in life. you know better than that.who knows what type of offers he will get in the next couple years. he wants to play at UND as he said in a story done last year aired on tsn i believe. he was the best goalie last year through through the mjhl playoffs and is considered more of a late bloomer prospect so who knows

I am saying if he wants to play in college he is going to have to have better numbers than that. You wonder if he is going to play in the USHL?

I figured that would be the case. I know there has been a lot of talk of him being the Gophers next big target.

Since I'm on the questions today have you heard anything on Dylan Olsen or Jeremy Morin? I would guess Morin is headed to Major Junior but I haven't heard anything on Olsen. I would guess NCAA since he isn't playing Major Junior yet.

Apparently Dylan Olsen is on campus visiting this weekend... I don't know much about him, just that we're recruiting him and he's here...

Apparently Dylan Olsen is on campus visiting this weekend... I don't know much about him, just that we're recruiting him and he's here...

from what ive read hes a top tier d man prospect thats a possible 1st rounder in next years draft. hes he real deal and d partners with fellow sioux recruit andrew macwilliam with camrose. lock it down hak and company !!

from what ive read hes a top tier d man prospect thats a possible 1st rounder in next years draft. hes he real deal and d partners with fellow sioux recruit andrew macwilliam with camrose. lock it down hak and company !!

This kid is the real deal based on what I saw on my one visit. He has very good skills in all aspects of the game.

I also heard that he's here. I've never seen him play, but every scouting report has given good comments about him. Lets hope the coaching staff can lock him.

I also heard that he's here. I've never seen him play, but every scouting report has given good comments about him. Lets hope the coaching staff can lock him.

article on olsen a couple weeks back on HF

OLSEN

"After last year and the beginning of this year, there have been quite a few schools that have expressed an interest in me, but I've narrowed it down to my top five now," he said. "I've been setting up some fly-downs, in November I'm going down to North Dakota and after that I'll have a couple more, then I'll sit down with my dad and we'll talk about what schools would be the right fit for me. Hopefully I'll have a decision in the next couple of months."

On another note, BCHL foward Mark Zengerle committed to Wisconsin, this had been a player that the coaching staff was looking at and had a scheduled visit here.

hes right up there in scoring in the BCHL

whats nolan zajacs game like as a D man if anyone knows, being the only d man of 4 brothers i guess he must get good practice vs his 3 brothers :whistling:

http://www.winnipegthrashers.com/zajac.html