SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

ok, so yesterday in the Union I saw a recruit with Coach Jackson. He had light brown hair, what looked like dark eyes, about 2 or 3 inches taller than Jackson. About the weight of Kozek or in that range. Any clues as to an identity?

:sad: not laughing at you but the description is awesome. my guess is he plays highschool, ushl or bchl or ajhl :)

just givin ya a hard time ???

i sure hope dylan olsen enjoyed his visit last weekend. thats a d man that would be a HUGE get

:sad: not laughing at you but the description is awesome. my guess is he plays highschool, ushl or bchl or ajhl :)

just givin ya a hard time ???

i sure hope dylan olsen enjoyed his visit last weekend. thats a d man that would be a HUGE get

haha! i was actually laughing as i saw him because in my mind, i went OMG! I have to remember what he looks like to ask them on siouxsports!

I don't want to be "the glass is half empty" but I don't see us getting him. I think it was the HF article that talked about his biggest deciding factor on choosing a college would be playing time right away. We only will lose Finley and Jonesy next year. Both of the defensemen set to come in could have come last year but played an extra year of juniors (which I think is good) and both seem to be having good years so far. If MacWilliam and Gleason continue to play well they should be able to come next year. I don't see someone with the hype Olsen is getting waiting another year. And I don't see us carrying eight defensemen. Right now I think we have room for another foward, maybe two next year. Is there any chance they would move Chay off of the blueline?

That being said, I don't think Hak and Co would waste their time recruiting someone they didn't have room for. So in Hak we Trust. :sad:

I don't want to be "the glass is half empty" but I don't see us getting him. I think it was the HF article that talked about his biggest deciding factor on choosing a college would be playing time right away. We only will lose Finley and Jonesy next year. Both of the defensemen set to come in could have come last year but played an extra year of juniors (which I think is good) and both seem to be having good years so far. If MacWilliam and Gleason continue to play well they should be able to come next year. I don't see someone with the hype Olsen is getting waiting another year. And I don't see us carrying eight defensemen. Right now I think we have room for another foward, maybe two next year. Is there any chance they would move Chay off of the blueline?

That being said, I don't think Hak and Co would waste their time recruiting someone they didn't have room for. So in Hak we Trust. :sad:

i thought the same thing last weekend when going over the D situation. lose jones and finely like you say and retain lapoint, marto, blod, fienhage and genoway and adding macwilliam and gleason. it may be a case of bad timing overall or they figure something out maybe with gleason? i have no clue but i read that article as well. in hak we trust :)

Does anyone know anything about the Nor Pac Hockey League (NPHL)?

Someone called me today about a kid that plays for the Seattle Totems in that league (Tanner Schulze). They thought that his numbers were just great and he should be looked at by the Sioux. I've never heard of the NPHL, so I was wondering if they were contenders, like the same level as the USHL and BCHL, or if it's a cupcake league.

Someone called me today about a kid that plays for the Seattle Totems in that league (Tanner Schulze). They thought that his numbers were just great and he should be looked at by the Sioux. I've never heard of the NPHL, so I was wondering if they were contenders, like the same level as the USHL and BCHL, or if it's a cupcake league.

i have a good feeling that this league isnt even close to the ushl or bchl or ajhl at that. i may be wrong but ive neevr ever heard of it being a big college recruiting hotbed.

whoever this kid is he is a 1988 birthdate

i have a good feeling that this league isnt even close to the ushl or bchl or ajhl at that. i may be wrong but ive neevr ever heard of it being a big college recruiting hotbed.

whoever this kid is he is a 1988 birthdate

I looked over their website and I noticed a few things:

If he is a 1988 birthdate, he's in his final year of eligibility. Unless I'm wrong, isn't the USHL's age cutoff at 21? NPHL's age cutoff is 20.

Another thing is that they have the Bozeman IceDogs in it. Werent they in the NAHL?

I think it's along the lines of the AtJHL or the Great Lakes or COJHL. I think there are players to be found in the league... if you are a DIII or club organization.

Like SCSU's Lasch or MSU's Daulton Levielle, there will always be a diamond in the rough.

Where did Oshie play before he moved to Warroad?

I looked over their website and I noticed a few things:

If he is a 1988 birthdate, he's in his final year of eligibility. Unless I'm wrong, isn't the USHL's age cutoff at 21? NPHL's age cutoff is 20.

Another thing is that they have the Bozeman IceDogs in it. Werent they in the NAHL?

I think it's along the lines of the AtJHL or the Great Lakes or COJHL. I think there are players to be found in the league... if you are a DIII or club organization.

Like SCSU's Lasch or MSU's Daulton Levielle, there will always be a diamond in the rough.

Where did Oshie play before he moved to Warroad?

yeah, i looked at it as well and seemed like a late bloomer diamond in the rough type of league.

ill find out where tj played in seattle but that would be a way different situation as you know but im interested as well

just found this out

1993-1996 he played mites in seattle jr hockey, 97-98 squirts AAA, 99-2000 peewee AAA, 2000-01 BANTAM AAA, moved to warroad in august 2002.

played 1 game in norpac for washington totems, had a hattrick and had 3-5= 8 total points in the game. played in this game between sophmore and junior year at warroad

I don't know anything about the kid, but as for the league, it wouldn't be anything close the USHL or BCHL.

It's not really a D-I recruiting ground. I think they send some players to the D-III ranks, but I don't think they've ever sent a player directly to D-I. Occasionally you'll get the young player that plays in the league due to proximity, but they go on to bigger and better things. Probably the most known player from that league would be Tyler Johnson, who had a breakout year for the Spokane Chiefs of the WHL last year, and is one of the league's better players this year.

A better prospect out of that league worth looking at would be Mitchell Fowler from Couer d'Alene. He's a '93 birthdate that is leading his team in scoring. He's not a very big kid, but knows how to put the puck in the net. Tanner Mort is another '93 on that team that is a pretty decent player. Travis Belohrad is a '91 that tried out for the Sioux Falls Stampede a couple times and is a decent player.

I can't recognize too many other names other than Dave Liegakos, who was a good defenseman for Elk River HS last year, and Jayce Douskey, who was supposed to be one of the better '92 forwards in the US, but signed with the WHL last year, and obviously hasn't done much since.

Brock Montpetit decommits from Wisconsin..anyone have any idea what the hell is going on in Madison? Western College Hockey

more on this

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

isnt that 4 de-commits now.(Travis Erstad,Prior,Wiercioch(at DU), and Montpetit) i think these are correct

i also read they have 4 or 5 forwards set to come in and may only be losing 1 or so. what the hell is eaves doing. what a joke and im sure this will raise eyebrows of many younger players they are trying to recruit :)

more on this

isnt that 4 de-commits now. i also read they have 4 or 5 forwards set to come in and may only be losing 1 or so. what the hell is eaves doing. what a joke and im sure this will raise eyebrows of many younger players they are trying to recruit :)

Yes... Travis Erstad, Prior,Wiercioch, and Montpetit

more on this

isnt that 4 de-commits now. i also read they have 4 or 5 forwards set to come in and may only be losing 1 or so. what the hell is eaves doing. what a joke and im sure this will raise eyebrows of many younger players they are trying to recruit :)

Does anyone know if the kid was being recruited by UND?

Does anyone know if the kid was being recruited by UND?

i doubt he was being recruited by anyone overall lately since he verballed a while ago to uw but not sure on who recruited him a couple years back. im guessing top schools were though

the whole scholarship thing doesnt make sense as most teams max they will offer and thats to top players is 85-92 5 i believe. strange story.