SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

The USHL is holding its futures draft starting at 4 today. You can follow it here,

http://www.ushldraft.com/

forbort 1st rounder. do you know what his nhl draft ranking is right now? i read its pretty high but didnt see anything concrete. also nick mattson? danny mattson or are they not eligable until the 2010 draft? and will cichy be eligable again this year for the draft? thanks USA for the info! anyone im missing?

nick mattson 6th round to des moines

forbort 1st rounder. do you know what his nhl draft ranking is right now? i read its pretty high but didnt see anything concrete. also nick mattson? danny mattson or are they not eligable until the 2010 draft? and will cichy be eligable again this year for the draft? thanks USA for the info! anyone im missing?

Nick Mattson is a 91, so that would be 2009 draft and I believe that Danny Mattson is older than him, so I would say 2009 draft as well (as in he turned 18 after the deadline for this year's draft and had to wait)...um, I don't know how to check draft rankings....sorry.

Among the college programs seriously pursuing Hartzell are the University of North Dakota, Ohio State and Quinnipiac.

Since the University of Minnesota has a stable of skilled young goalies, it's unlikely that Eric will end up following in his father's collegiate footsteps.

"Sure, my dad played for the Gophers, and every Minnesota kid wants to go there, but I never really had a dream school for college," says Eric. "I would say growing up that I liked the Fighting Sioux, just because I would go to Gopher games, and the Sioux would always be getting booed, and I just loved that. I thought it was kind of fun."

Lets sign this kid up, I like his style...

Danny Mattson is in this summer's draft. Nick Mattson and Derek Forbort will be in the 2010 draft. It's way too early for any kind of reliable 2010 draft projections.

thanks a lot, thats what i was wondering for the most part.

Christian Isackson from STA (who we were recruiting) committed to the Gophers.

just read that. sounds like a slid player. anyone else on the radar right now? minny? north dakota? canada? elsewhere? thanks always for the info!

just read that. sounds like a slid player. anyone else on the radar right now? minny? north dakota? canada? elsewhere? thanks always for the info!

On Isackson's radar or the teams you listed?

On Isackson's was Minnesota, UND, Wisconsin + others

On Isackson's radar or the teams you listed?

On Isackson's was Minnesota, UND, Wisconsin + others

nope, this is a sioux recruiting page. i was asking what players out there may the sioux be looking at or to watch out for. meant kids in minny, ND, canada

i know who was on his list as it was in the article. thanks though, just should have worded it better

I would assume it will come to down to the Sioux and the Gophers.

I figured that would be the case. I know there has been a lot of talk of him being the Gophers next big target.

Since I'm on the questions today have you heard anything on Dylan Olsen or Jeremy Morin? I would guess Morin is headed to Major Junior but I haven't heard anything on Olsen. I would guess NCAA since he isn't playing Major Junior yet.

Since I'm on the questions today have you heard anything on Dylan Olsen or Jeremy Morin? I would guess Morin is headed to Major Junior but I haven't heard anything on Olsen. I would guess NCAA since he isn't playing Major Junior yet.

After the Cornell - U18 game, our local hockey reporter talked a bit w/ Morin (he's from upstate NY). He said "Right now, it's in between North Dakota, Denver and BU."

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20...LOGS05/81024007

After the Cornell - U18 game, our local hockey reporter talked a bit w/ Morin (he's from upstate NY). He said "Right now, it's in between North Dakota, Denver and BU."

http://www.theithacajournal.com/article/20...LOGS05/81024007

Well thats good news that he is still mentioning the Sioux in the running. He sure has his areas covered with one school being in the West, one in the East and one Central. He'd be a nice finishing touch to the 09 recruiting class along with a goalie even though he may be the first one and done player for the Sioux.

Well thats good news that he is still mentioning the Sioux in the running. He sure has his areas covered with one school being in the West, one in the East and one Central. He'd be a nice finishing touch to the 09 recruiting class along with a goalie even though he may be the first one and done player for the Sioux.

That is good news I also like that he listed North Dakota first..what a recruiting get this would be.