SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Well I sure hope to see Malone back but if not oh well.....he struggled quite a bit in the scoring department but showed some potential in the physical part of the game that can probably be take over by Hextall

Brad confirmed on his blog that Malone is still with the Sioux and will not attend the Halifax training camp.

Good news. :silly:

• 2 weeks later...
I like how Cichy had the choice and chose to go back for 1 more year of juniors. says a lot about the kid.

I suspect this will really help his positioning for next season's draft since he was not drafted this year. He will be a top player in the USHL whereas he might be fighting for time (and certainly not on a scoring line) if he had come to UND. He has potential to be a real impact player at UND. My guess is that both Fink an Cichy go on their second try.

Thanks for the info. If I ever need any info this is the best website! The St.Clown Times doesn't even have this information. I'll go down and watch some games this week. I wonder if our coaching staff will be down to look at some of these kids?

Thanks for the info. If I ever need any info this is the best website! The St.Clown Times doesn't even have this information. I'll go down and watch some games this week. I wonder if our coaching staff will be down to look at some of these kids?

They're usually always at the 15, 16, and 17's. I would highly recommend going if you like watching prospective players.

I'm going for sure on Monday. Been hot here all weekend so would be nice to cool off in the NHC, and I really need some hockey now. Thanks again for the tip.

I forgot to mention that Nick Mattson is competing in the festival so it would be a good chance to go see him. Keep in mind that he is just using it as practice, he can't be invited to play for the team that goes overseas because he plays for the NTDP.

I forgot to mention that Nick Mattson is competing in the festival so it would be a good chance to go see him. Keep in mind that he is just using it as practice, he can't be invited to play for the team that goes overseas because he plays for the NTDP.

I see that Nick Mattson is on the Navy team and their first game is Tuesday, July 8th at 6:45 pm on the main rink.

Nick Mattson had 2 assists and a goal during the shoot out to help his team win tonight. He looked good. Lots of coaches from around the country, a few parents and my wife and I all decked out in our Sioux jackets! Saw Coach Eades and Parise's dad there too. Great to see some hockey again!

Leafs get a Look at MacWilliams

Dave Morrison, the Leafs chief scout, characterized Toronto's final selection of the 2008 draft as: "The kind of guy who will block a shot with his face."

MacWilliam smiles at the description. The stay-at-home defenceman went 76 games without scoring a goal for his Alberta junior A team, the Camrose Kodiaks, in 2007-08. "I don't have enough skill to get it done on skill alone," he says. "So I need to do whatever it takes."

MacWilliam has another season left in Camrose, and then he will head to the University of North Dakota on a full hockey scholarship in the fall of 2009. His parents, especially his lawyer-father, Alex, laid out a career map for him after he was drafted by the Spokane Chiefs of the Western Hockey League and asked to play there as a 16-year-old. The NHL was somewhere on the map, but a college education ranked above it.

"I know I won't be making the Leafs next year," MacWilliam said, smiling. "I am out there watching guys like [the fifth overall pick] Luke Schenn, and the speed is unbelievable. "This is a step up from what I've been playing. But I know I am development guy, and that I've got a few years to go."

Nick Mattson had 2 assists and a goal during the shoot out to help his team win tonight. He looked good. Lots of coaches from around the country, a few parents and my wife and I all decked out in our Sioux jackets! Saw Coach Eades and Parise's dad there too. Great to see some hockey again!

PHOTO OF NICK MATTSON SCORING ON TUESDAY NIGHT.

PHOTOS

Not exactly Sioux news... but interesting to note that not everything is going against Denver:

Denver picks up Badger recruit

The University of Wisconsin men's hockey team learned this week that stockpiling talent has its hazards.

Defenseman Patrick Wiercioch, an 18-year-old defenseman who was projected to join UW for the 2009-10 season, signed a national letter of intent with Western Collegiate Hockey Association rival Denver for this season.

That's cool you made it out. Nick Mattson is probably the best U.S. d-men in his age group. The festival concluded today, Nick finished with 3 points in 5 games, here are the top scorers,

http://www.usahockey.com/Season/TopScorers...DivisionID=1359

It was great seeing some good hockey and was a welcome relief from some of the heat we had a couple of days. We attended 3 nights of it. Talked to Jerry York from BC last night during one of the games. Lots of college coaches in town. Saw the Don and his crew there too.

It was great seeing some good hockey and was a welcome relief from some of the heat we had a couple of days. We attended 3 nights of it. Talked to Jerry York from BC last night during one of the games. Lots of college coaches in town. Saw the Don and his crew there too.

2008 United States Under-18 Select Team

UMinn recruits are represented well (Walters, Budish, Leddy).

I thought that NTDP players were not eligible for the team but Beau Schmitz of the U17 team is on the roster and Nick Mattson is not.

We need some 91 recruits - UMinn has got a good start.

Chris Heisenberg's 2009 Hockey Recruits

2008 United States Under-18 Select Team

UMinn recruits are represented well (Walters, Budish, Leddy).

I thought that NTDP players were not eligible for the team but Beau Schmitz of the U17 team is on the roster and Nick Mattson is not.

We need some 91 recruits - UMinn has got a good start.

Chris Heisenberg's 2009 Hockey Recruits

Schmitz is going OHL next season, so I guess he's technically not NTDP anymore.

There's not much left for Minnesota '91s, maybe Orhn from Greenway as a BIG defenseman, but not much beyond that. That Herbert kid from Bloomington-Jefferson might start getting some looks now, but I don't think he's considered a hot commodity yet. Alex Wideman from St. Louis might be considered a feisty little scorer type in the mold of Duncan or Lasch, but I guess that's up to the coaches to determine.

Anybody hearing any rumblings about any new recruits. It seems like forever since we've heard anything about possible recruits. I still would like to see a Dylan Olsen commitment to UND.

We had a few on campus here last week, but other than that I haven't heard of anything. The coaches have been out at the Select Festivals so I would imagine they will bring a few players on campus here this summer.