SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Jack Ahcan of Burnsville is an undersized but dynamic skating dman, seems cut of the Chay Genowy cloth. I watched the Bville Edina game onThursday, and he really impressed me with his skill.

A+ skating

A hands

B compete

A hockey sense

B shot

He's a jr and the property of Cedar Rapids in the USHL. He is very small now, but if he hit 5'10 190 and spent 2 years in the USHL, he could be a great pick up

What did you think of #7 Kieffer Bellows (Soph) of Edina? I haven't seen him but have heard he is really good and gonna be another great player to come out of Edina.

What did you think of #7 Kieffer Bellows (Soph) of Edina? I haven't seen him but have heard he is really good and gonna be another great player to come out of Edina.

He was outstanding. Strong on his skates, finished every check. Good skill with a definite mean streak. Okay skater, good hockey sense.

Jack Ahcan of Burnsville is an undersized but dynamic skating dman, seems cut of the Chay Genowy cloth. I watched the Bville Edina game onThursday, and he really impressed me with his skill.

A+ skating

A hands

B compete

A hockey sense

B shot

He's a jr and the property of Cedar Rapids in the USHL. He is very small now, but if he hit 5'10 190 and spent 2 years in the USHL, he could be a great pick up

Ive seen him play too... kids good.

A+ skating

A hands

B compete

A hockey sense

B shot

I've seen Ahcan (pronounced "Ah-SHAWN") play several times. Yzerman19's assessment is spot on. It's too early too tell if he'll have Genoway's leadership abilities but he has similar on-ice skills to Chay. His development in the past year has been huge - last year he was very undersized and tentative; this year he's stronger, more confident and has taken over as the top D man on a very good Burnsville team. My guess is that he'll need only one year in the USHL.

I don't know if the Sioux are interested in him (or vice versa) but historically Burnsville kids end up at Wisconsin (Dan Boeser, Tyler Barnes, Eddie Wittchow, Brock Boeser, et al).

With Tambo leaving, I wonder if Hak and the boys go hard/harder after Cameron Hughes? Obviously it opens up scholarship money immediately that wasn't available. I would like to see the kid end up here just based on what I have read and the teams that are after him.

If I am not mistaken there are 18 scholarships to be spread out right? Does anyone really know who is on a fullride vs. partial? What I am thinking is someone like Jon Simonson really would not need the financial aid. It is not like his parents could not just write a check for tutition like they did for Dane and Morgan. Or his grandfather.

• Upvote 1

If I am not mistaken there are 18 scholarships to be spread out right? Does anyone really know who is on a fullride vs. partial? What I am thinking is someone like Jon Simonson really would not need the financial aid. It is not like his parents could not just write a check for tutition like they did for Dane and Morgan. Or his grandfather.

Pretty classy buddy, between you and gfhockey I don't know who is worse. Are you from gf?

Pretty classy buddy, between you and gfhockey I don't know who is worse. Are you from gf?

What? His parents, aunts, uncles, (maternal and paternal) maternal late grandparents are/were good friends of mine. I was really close to his grandparents. If you only have 18 scholarships to work with why use it on the person who can afford school? I really don't think Arch and Mac would mind at all. Do you even know who Dane and Morgan are? I use to play with them at their grandparents when they were little kids.

Because they earned it. If you deserve something great, shouldn't you get it?

(My opinion, anyway)

True, but I think people have mentioned before that Minnesota might be able to gain depth on their squad if guys like Lou Nanne would/could pay for the scholarship of his grandkids to go to Minnesota without using up valuable scholarship dollars. Obviously it didn't work out like that, but if someone who gives to the University anyway would be able to save scholarship money and thus provide the team with possibly better depth, who knows if they would donate in that way as well.

says the genius that has had to reinvent himself with a new name at least three times after being banned from an internet message board. Congrats!

Maybe if the rules were enforced here the same for everyone you would be banned for violating them. Nope you can not discuss the issue but you can act like a girl in middle school real good.

What? His parents, aunts, uncles, (maternal and paternal) maternal late grandparents are/were good friends of mine. I was really close to his grandparents. If you only have 18 scholarships to work with why use it on the person who can afford school? I really don't think Arch and Mac would mind at all. Do you even know who Dane and Morgan are? I use to play with them at their grandparents when they were little kids.

Yup, played youth hockey with both of them..... and were friends.

A scholarship should have NOTHING to do with family financial means. I have very strong opinions on that.

Exactly, however I don't think Jonny is coming on anything close to a full ride. I was trying to stick up for some buddies because there are a few losers on this site.

Tyler Sheehy, has UND in the mix. For whatever reason, the last link didn't work.

Sheehy, meanwhile, said interest between him and the UW staff has picked up of late and he has the Badgers on a list of options that includes Boston University, Denver, Minnesota, North Dakota and Western Michigan.

Sheehy, from Burnsville, Minn., said he took an unofficial visit to Madison prior to committing to Ohio State last year “and saw everything I needed to see.’’ He subsequently backed out of his pledge to the Buckeyes when a coaching change was made there.

Sheehy, who has 24 points (12 goals, 12 assists) in 21 games for Waterloo, said he plans to take campus visits to BU, Denver, Minnesota and North Dakota before making his decision.