SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Iowa @ UND 10/19/24

SiouxFan100

39 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

If I’m Bubba I would no longer defer if we win the toss. We always seem to give up a TD the opening drive. I think damn near every game last year the other team did that.

Wrong.  Only time they have Deferred and gave up opening TD was vs. Iowa ST.  Maybe the best game we have played defensively this year.  Quit the Opposite Actually.  Best to give the other team the ball to start.

Iowa St.  Deferred and Started on D.  Gave up TD

Montana Deferred and Started on D.  3 and out

Idaho St Lost toss, started on D. 3 and out

SD Deferred Started on D. 1 1st down

Murry St Lost Toss and Started on O.  Murry St scored TD on their first 2 Drives

NDSU  Lost Toss and Started on D.  NDSU scored TD on their first 2 Drives

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

If I’m Bubba I would no longer defer if we win the toss. We always seem to give up a TD the opening drive. I think damn near every game last year the other team did that.

What does his chart say ?

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

Wrong.  Only time they have Deferred and gave up opening TD was vs. Iowa ST.  Maybe the best game we have played defensively this year.  Quit the Opposite Actually.  Best to give the other team the ball to start.

Murry St Lost Toss and Started on O.  Murry St scored TD on their first 2 Drives

I was way off. I’d be interested to see the last couple of years though.

2 hours ago, shep said:

Does Jerry play in the first half?

Probably not.

Really wish the Coaching staff would spend the extra week preparing Jerry to take over the starting spot.  IMO We have seen enough of Romfo to know he wouldn't take us far.  Guessing If he is the starter the full year he will be the default starter week 1 next year.  The next few game are against weaker competition.  Get him a few games played before the SD's schools come to town.

I can dream, can't I.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Green said:

So MVFC teams so far have hung 14 in their opening 2 drives on us? Seems like the defense is either regressing or facing tougher competition. Not something I’d hang my hat on.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

So MVFC teams so far have hung 14 in their opening 2 drives on us? Seems like the defense is either regressing or facing tougher competition. Not something I’d hang my hat on.

I'm not willing to hang my hat on the offence.   zero TD's on their opening drives.  Much rather have have the other team need to drive the length of the field on their opening drive than give them a short field after our Offense goes 3 and out.