SiouxSports.com Forum

San Diego @ UND 9/21/24

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, Parkers Pros said:

OC picks the quarterback and tells the coach the way he and the other coaches think it should be. Coach takes in that info and combines it with his own observations and intuition and makes a call. Simon earned all their trust.  

You impatient jackals calling for Simon’s head are crazy. We are ranked in the top 10 right now with him as our quarterback. I actually find it good that we have room to grow at that position. 

We have a developing offensive line in pass protection. We have a quarterback, who is coming off of several years of not playing. He just needs a little more time to marinate. Just relax everyone. This feels like the deepest team we’ve ever had.

This team is best we have had in a few years for.  Our defense is very good.  Our offense is scoring with a very inexperience QB.  We have OC to develop his talent.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They'll do good in the Pioneer League, no question. My biggest beef from yesterday is the defense consistently leaving receivers wide open. That must be addressed before the meat of our schedule gets here.

Did give up some 3 and 15 like last year.  Much improved.

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

Do you have eyes?  5 completed passes yesterday. I can’t imagine anyone in the Valley has worse QB play right now 

And Bo had 116 yards on THREE catches.  Simon averaged over 12 yards per attempt.

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So I have watched all 16 quarters to date and I'm curious to hear from the Fantasy Football wizards, Madden gurus and Kelly Green glasses wearing rubes on this site how you would rate UND's QB play to date based on past UND QB play and overall FCS QB play over the past few years. If you haven't watched at least 10 quarters this season sit this one out.

Rating system:

Excellent 

Above average 

Average 

Below average 

Poor

Oct 5th.

16 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

And Bo had 116 yards on THREE catches.  Simon averaged over 12 yards per attempt.

I get it.....and you too grew up in a middle-class household. 

On 9/21/2024 at 2:01 PM, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Just give 20 the ball. The only actual football player we have…

I kind of like Belquist.  And Ziebarth.  And Isaiah.  And Pedigo.  And Navratil.  And Q.  And Norby.  And..........................

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Can’t wait til @McBuckets upvotes this 

Don’t have to wait long…I can’t imagine what these threads are going to be like when we play the other Dakota schools. If this is what it is like when we’re winning Im worried Grand Forks is going to have a Minneapolis like riot when UND loses a FCS game

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

Don’t have to wait long…I can’t imagine what these threads are going to be like when we play the other Dakota schools. If this is what it is like when we’re winning Im worried Grand Forks is going to have a Minneapolis like riot when UND loses a FCS game

No, I imagine there will just be a few posters that have been waiting for a loss to say “I told you so.”  Their post count has been down the last 4 weeks. 

I’ve yet to read one post in this board by anyone saying we should be undefeated or are going to run the table.  No one has said our QB is an all conference player yet some try to act like it because they need something to complain about since they spent an offseason doing it.   

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, homer said:

No, I imagine there will just be a few posters that have been waiting for a loss to say “I told you so.”  Their post count has been down the last 4 weeks. 

I’ve yet to read one post in this board by anyone saying we should be undefeated or are going to run the table.  No one has said our QB is an all conference player yet some try to act like it because they need something to complain about since they spent an offseason doing it.   

I would like a breakdown of this post count you got going 

25 minutes ago, homer said:

No one has said our QB is an all conference player yet some try to act like it because they need something to complain about since they spent an offseason doing it.   

Here are his stats for the year. 55% completion percentage and 5 INT's with 4TD's in 5 games. 

Yet we can't question whether or not the Wisconsin player of the year with all of the measurable and a PWO from Wisconsin, son of a coach might not give us a better chance to win? 

I was, have, and will root for Romfo to do well. But if you look at the stats and watch the games.....it hasn't been good. Yes we won the last 3 games, that doesn't mean we couldn't have won them with Jerry starting.  

Im sure Jerry could run the RPO and hand off 95% of the time. I don't like to knock a kid, especially from ND, but so far appears to be the poorest passing QB that UND has had in 40 years.  Not sure how you could even dispute that so far....but hey let's roll with him because our team is to fragile to handle us making a change at QB.  Did every other UND QB that didn't start until they were a junior or senior get to use the excuse......"they haven't played in a real game in 4 years". I don't remember that excuse ever being made in the past, usually it made us feel good that a new starting QB was an upper classmen and has been in the system.

I will be rooting for Romfo and his passing to improve,  because unless he gets injured he is obviously not leaving the field.  For the most part I backed and stood up for Tommy because there were definitely a few Tommy haters, and while Tommy had a few limitations he was pretty damn good. 

Screenshot_20240922_180412_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, McBuckets said:

I know of three or four will try and turn it in to a $hit show before opening kickoff.